Liberals Aren’t Liking This Newly-Discovered Photo Of The 1924 Democratic Convention…

The Republican Party geared its appeal and program to racism, reaction, and extremism. All people of goodwill viewed with alarm and concern the frenzied wedding at the Cow Palace of the KKK with the radical right. The “best man” at this ceremony was a senator whose voting record, philosophy, and program were anathema to all the hard-won achievements of the past decade.

Senator Goldwater had neither the concern nor the comprehension necessary to grapple with this problem of poverty in the fashion that the historical moment dictated. On the urgent issue of civil rights, Senator Goldwater represented a philosophy that was morally indefensible and socially suicidal. While not himself a racist, Mr. Goldwater articulated a philosophy which gave aid and comfort to the racist. His candidacy and philosophy would serve as an umbrella under which extremists of all stripes would stand. In the light of these facts and because of my love for America, I had no alternative but to urge every Negro and white person of goodwill to vote against Mr. Goldwater and to withdraw support from any Republican candidate that did not publicly disassociate himself from Senator Goldwater and his philosophy.

Sorry, turd, but the Democrat party owns the KKK. That stain will never wash off.

If the KKK came to my town- you would be marching with them.

Like attracts like.

All you proved is that you're an utterly shameless douche bag.

Now that is a baseless smear......

Who said it?

"I'll have them ******* voting Democrat for the next 200 years"

A. A Republican
B. A Democrat President famed for his "Civil Rights" Bill

Who said it?

The Republican Party geared its appeal and program to racism, reaction, and extremism. All people of goodwill viewed with alarm and concern the frenzied wedding at the Cow Palace of the KKK with the radical right. The “best man” at this ceremony was a senator whose voting record, philosophy, and program were anathema to all the hard-won achievements of the past decade.

Senator Goldwater had neither the concern nor the comprehension necessary to grapple with this problem of poverty in the fashion that the historical moment dictated. On the urgent issue of civil rights, Senator Goldwater represented a philosophy that was morally indefensible and socially suicidal. While not himself a racist, Mr. Goldwater articulated a philosophy which gave aid and comfort to the racist. His candidacy and philosophy would serve as an umbrella under which extremists of all stripes would stand. In the light of these facts and because of my love for America, I had no alternative but to urge every Negro and white person of goodwill to vote against Mr. Goldwater and to withdraw support from any Republican candidate that did not publicly disassociate himself from Senator Goldwater and his philosophy.

A) A GOP presidential candidate who voted against the 1964 civil rights Act?
B) An icon of the Civil Rights Movement?

Who said it?

A. A Republican

Who said it?

That's commie propaganda. There isn't a single fact in your post.

Who said it?

A. A Republican

Who said it?

You are calling Martin Luther King a communist? Well that is typical of Conservatives and the Republican Party....

Once again- Martin Luther King Jr. commenting on the 1964 Republican Convention

Who said it?

A. A Republican

Who said it?

You are calling Martin Luther King a communist? Well that is typical of Conservatives and the Republican Party....

Once again- Martin Luther King Jr. commenting on the 1964 Republican Convention

J. Edgar Hoover sure thought he was a communist. I trust his judgement on that issue.

Racism will always be a part of progressivism… Fact

Racism will always be part of Conservatism.
It never has been, and it never will be. Your claim is commie propaganda, and nothing more.
It has always been part of Conservatism- just look at the Conservative south.
The term "conservative" was meaningless in 1860. Aside from the issue of slavery and tariffs, the North and the South believed the same things.

Trying to decide here. 3 or more are already qualified for Warnings based on the personal exchanges here. Even tho it's in Zone3. It reads more like a Flame Zone thread. So the options are Warning/Cleaning or Thread-banning a bunch of folks.

This will remain closed for 20 minutes or so to cool things down and for folks to get to this message. After that time, ANY personal exchanges will be warned and thread banned..

Do not reply to this message in thread. PM a Mod or two..

Last edited:

It never has been, and it never will be. Your claim is commie propaganda, and nothing more.
The term "conservative" was meaningless in 1860. Aside from the issue of slavery and tariffs, the North and the South believed the same things.
Lower taxes, states' rights, smaller government, Christianity, all issues held dearly by the south. The south was, and is, conservative.

Lower taxes, states' rights, smaller government, Christianity, all issues held dearly by the south. The south was, and is, conservative.

You are so un-schooled if you believe THOSE were the defining separations of N/S in 1860s. Every ANTI-Federalist in History then was "conservative".. That term wasn't even coined for over 150 years after the debate began on "state's rights". Christianity? IN 1860s??? Ha !!! Wasn't a Southern thing.

Smaller govt WAS. Since the North had big infrastructure plans that would not benefit the mostly agricultural South. And yet wanted the South to pay the SAME share. THERE'S --- your divide.

Sorry, turd, but the Democrat party owns the KKK. That stain will never wash off.

You sold it?
D'ja get a receipt?

Actually nobody owns the KKK since it officially does not exist. Hasn't existed since 1944 when FDR's IRS slapped it with a two-thirds of a million dollar back tax bill at the same time the Governor of Georgia (that would be Ellis Arnall, and I can't remember what his political party was but it started with a D) was revoking its charter.

They didn't do that because the Klan was backing Coolidge and Hoover; they didn't do it because the Klan was smearing Al Smith; they didn't do it because the Klan was targeting Democratic Party voting blocs like blacks and Jews and Catholics and immigrants and labor unions; they didn't do that because it was getting Republican Klanners like Ed Jackson and Rice Means and Owen Brewster and George Baker and Ben Paulen and Clarence Morley into high office. They did it because the Klan was a fucked-up terrorist group that had to go.

Of course, that didn't stop fucked-up racists from continuing to play dress-up without a formal organization -- all you had to do was sew yourself a robe and dunce cap and then declare yourself Grand Imperial Wanker of the local klavern. Like David Duke did.

Last edited:

You are so un-schooled if you believe THOSE were the defining separations of N/S in 1860s. Every ANTI-Federalist in History then was "conservative".. That term wasn't even coined for over 150 years after the debate began on "state's rights". Christianity? IN 1860s??? Ha !!! Wasn't a Southern thing.

Smaller govt WAS. Since the North had big infrastructure plans that would not benefit the mostly agricultural South. And yet wanted the South to pay the SAME share. THERE'S --- your divide.

Actually in the mid-19th century the party of doing big things with government was the Whigs. When that party disintegrated over its failure to agree on a coherent position on what its attitude to slavery would be, the contingent of it that wanted Abolition became the new Republicans. One was named Abe Lincoln. The Democrats were by default the party of decentralized power ("states rights").

One of the reasons the south offered for seceding was states' rights. I don't care what they were called, they were the converatives of the country. They were more racist than the north then and they still are today.

One of the reasons the south offered for seceding was states' rights. I don't care what they were called, they were the converatives of the country. They were more racist than the north then and they still are today.

State's rights were a raging argument since the FOUNDING. You can find remnants of it in almost every STATE Constitution as they entered the Union.

Only reason they were more racist than the North in the 1860s was that MOST EVERY Northern state looked more lily-white than Vermont is today. North treated slavery like it was a foreign issue. Didn't have to address it at that time in any REAL sense of "race relations". You are deficient in whoever educated you didn't explain "the way things were" at that time.. Or about the major differences in culture and life between the North and South..

AFTER the war -- and emancipation, race relations BECAME a national issue as Blacks migrated to the North. And YOUR COUNTRY and its Federal Govt did some VERY UGLY THINGS for ANOTHER 100 FUCKING YEARS to Black Americans. THAT 100 years of oppression, segregation, and DESIGN of racial divides is equally on North and South. NO ONE's hands are clean from that period.

Only reason they were more racist than the North in the 1860s was that MOST EVERY Northern state looked more lily-white than Vermont is today. North treated slavery like it was a foreign issue. Didn't have to address it at that time in any REAL sense of "race relations".

Oh no I don't think that's true. Without looking up the numbers I know there were loads of free people of color in at least the northern cities. Crispus Attucks comes to mind immediately....

Matter of fact in the 1860 election one of the downballot questions in one of the states was whether black people should be granted the right to vote (that vote came back strongly as "no"). And that state was --- New York.

AFTER the war -- and emancipation, race relations BECAME a national issue as Blacks migrated to the North. And YOUR COUNTRY and its Federal Govt did some VERY UGLY THINGS for ANOTHER 100 FUCKING YEARS to Black Americans. THAT 100 years of oppression, segregation, and DESIGN of racial divides is equally on North and South. NO ONE's hands are clean from that period.

The country (read: government) as well as the country (read: culture). Lynchings for instance were going on in the South but were also going on in Illinois and Nebraska and even, famously Duluth Minnesota, about as far away from the South as you can get and still be in the United States. Race riots in not just Atlanta but East St. Louis and Chicago and Washington. Segregation and discrimination in northern and midwestern factories booming out of the Great War that brought the Great Migration. The Klan's rapid spread in Indiana and Maine and Oregon. Even the effective banning of blacks in baseball between Moses Walker and Jackie Robinson.

These are aftereffects of the Lost Cause movement.

Last edited:
Only reason they were more racist than the North in the 1860s was that MOST EVERY Northern state looked more lily-white than Vermont is today. North treated slavery like it was a foreign issue. Didn't have to address it at that time in any REAL sense of "race relations".

Oh no I don't think that's true. Without looking up the numbers I know there were loads of free people of color in at least the northern cities. Crispus Attucks comes to mind immediately....

Matter of fact in the 1860 election one of the downballot questions in one of the states was whether black people should be granted the right to vote (that vote came back strongly as "no"). And that state was --- New York.

The upper South had more than THREE TIMES the percentage of free Blacks than the Northern regions did in 1860. In fact 3% of that upper South total population were FREE BLACKS. And the lower South had similar numbers of FREE BLACKS that equaled most Northern regions.

Folks who went to the school in the South KNOW the set-up for the Civil War.

Untitled Document

Forum List

Back