Liberals Attack Against McChrystal Begins

How many top raking generals did President Cheyney ignore in the days leading up to the invasion of Iraq, again?

Ignoring the excellent military advise of generals is what politicians in power tend to do, folks.

what is wrong with McChrystal asking for a bigger force to fight the war with? Thats supposedly what Obama promised us when he was campaigning.

we've gone from 32,000 to 48,250
so can we at least talk about the FACTS (and not the hyper-partisan political rhetoric) of the issue?

Or does your desire to give Obama a black eye trump the facts and the troops?

I want to see the details of those numbers. Source, please.

google it like I did - it's public info - no secret

you wouldn't believe what I provided anyway - find it for yourself and you'll trust it more

Actually - one source lists the current level at 68,000

CNSNews.com - 43 U.S. Troops Have Died in Afghanistan Since Gen. McChrystal Called for Reinforcements

(a decidedly conservative source) so it may have changed - most of the sources I found listed the current level at 48,250.

Anyway - do a little homework for yourself and make up your own mind - just don't buy into what some message board poster claims anyway. The notion that Obama promised more troops but didn't deliever may stoke your biased fires - but check it out first.

How many top raking generals did President Cheyney ignore in the days leading up to the invasion of Iraq, again?

Ignoring the excellent military advise of generals is what politicians in power tend to do, folks.

So Obama is no different?

No better?

Are you simply giving the Obama administration a carte blanche excuse, because "that's what politicians do"?

what is wrong with McChrystal asking for a bigger force to fight the war with? Thats supposedly what Obama promised us when he was campaigning.

we've gone from 32,000 to 48,250
so can we at least talk about the FACTS (and not the hyper-partisan political rhetoric) of the issue?

Or does your desire to give Obama a black eye trump the facts and the troops?

I want to see the details of those numbers. Source, please.

google it like I did - it's public info - no secret

you wouldn't believe what I provided anyway - find it for yourself and you'll trust it more
:confused: That's not how it works for honest brokers in discussion. Your assumption about what I would believe or not is very paranoid. :cuckoo:

Last edited:

So Obama is no different?

No better?

Are you simply giving the Obama administration a carte blanche excuse, because "that's what politicians do"?

Some of you folks have your heads shoved so far up the hyper-partisan ass you can't discuss ANYTHING without spinning it into a smear against whoever your current political opponent is.

Seriously - does your ENTIRE life revolve around supporting or attacking a politician??????

Is it more the fault of Bush or Obama that you've run out of dish detergent???????

That's not how it works for honest brokers in discussion. Your assumption about what I would believe or not is very paranoid.

Maybe - I've just had enough experience on these and other boards to lead me to that conclusion. Anyway - it's easily accessible - shouldn't be any problem. I put one source out there - maybe you'll find that one helpful, maybe not.

Yes and how long will it be before the Liberal cretins start attacking and smearing the man's children? Petraeus,Palin,and now this honorable man. What a shame. Lets just hope the American People don't buy into this latest despicable Liberal smear campaign.

What is more troubling is that it appears the now growing liberal attack campaign against McChrystal stems from simple defense of Obama - not what is best for the troops, the Afghan campaign, or longer term international policy.

These people appear to place devotion to Obama above all else...

Naturally, party before country - the liberal way.

Actually, the Olympic way.

Yes and how long will it be before the Liberal cretins start attacking and smearing the man's children? Petraeus,Palin,and now this honorable man. What a shame. Lets just hope the American People don't buy into this latest despicable Liberal smear campaign.

you are a partisan retard i swear. it's not liberals that do it, it's dumbasses. if a dumbass happens to be liberal that doesn't mean it's a liberal smear campaign.

CNSNews.com - 43 U.S. Troops Have Died in Afghanistan Since Gen. McChrystal Called for Reinforcements

(a decidedly conservative source) so it may have changed - most of the sources I found listed the current level at 48,250.

Anyway - do a little homework for yourself and make up your own mind - just don't buy into what some message board poster claims anyway. The notion that Obama promised more troops but didn't deliever may stoke your biased fires - but check it out first.
Well, I never said he didn't send in more troops. We all know more were sent.
The concern is what type of troops are being sent in.
We need frontline combat troops. Sending in rear echelon clerks and supply types will do absolutely nothing.
It begs the question as to what the "oval office", "armchair Generals" thinking truly is. Are they truly commited to this mission or, are they just looking to appease the public and party by playing politics until they completely pull out? Meanwhile our troops are continuing to die at an alarming rate.

Tell ya what kid, you go call any of the 8,000 from the 2nd Marine Expeditionary Brigade or any of the 4,000 from the Army's 5th Stryker Brigade, 2nd Infantry Division a pencil pusher to his face ....

Thank you. And to clarify, I have never said that more weren't sent. I HAVE said that more are currently requested and have been since before Labor Day. Send them to help those on the ground based on the recs of those on the ground, or get them out. But pissing around for a month is a disservice to those on the ground.

Thank you. And to clarify, I have never said that more weren't sent. I HAVE said that more are currently requested and have been since before Labor Day. Send them to help those on the ground based on the recs of those on the ground, or get them out. But pissing around for a month is a disservice to those on the ground.

Agree - to a point. But NO ONE gets carte blanche to expect every last request to be honored. But if your general doesn't have your confidence - replace him.

Tell ya what kid, you go call any of the 8,000 from the 2nd Marine Expeditionary Brigade or any of the 4,000 from the Army's 5th Stryker Brigade, 2nd Infantry Division a pencil pusher to his face ....
Tell ya' what, lil' girl.
How about providing a link as to the break down of those troops sent.
I hope those are the types of troops being sent in.
Your first claim about the number of troops that were sent in, was completely false.
So, trusting other claims made by you, without links, MUST be questioned.

Last edited:
I actually think most Americans saw what the Liberals and especially the Liberal Media did to Sarah Palin and her children and really were shocked & appalled. Attacking one's politics is perfectly acceptable but the way they viciously attacked her children was both unforgettable and unforgivable. Most people understand that the corrupt Liberal Media has never viciously smeared a Democrat's child the way they did Palin's. In fact most also know that the corrupt Liberal Media would never dare smear a Democrat's child that way. So i think most Americans are becoming pretty savvy and wise to these vicious Liberal Smear Campaigns and are now just ignoring them and getting angrier & angrier. This latest Liberal smear campaign will likely backfire on the Democrats in the end. Hey just my take anyway.

Last edited:

Agree - to a point. But NO ONE gets carte blanche to expect every last request to be honored. But if your general doesn't have your confidence - replace him.
I'm confused by your thinking that the general doesn't have my confidence. Unlike some others, he is far more knowledgeable in military strategy than I am (and more than the President). I have fine confidence in him.

Forum List

Back