Liberals Attack Against McChrystal Begins

McChrystal is screwed up from the start, since he was deeply involved in the Pat Tillman coverup, and front story, hiding the fact that he was killed by friendly fire, in 2004, leading up to the election.

We need to back out of these expensive wars, that we can't afford. Let Iraq fly on its own, and what are we going to win in Afghanistan, a bunch of mountains and rocks? They say we don't want to allow Al Quaeda to stay there, but there are 20 different places they can be, including many African, and ME nations, so that's a complete lie.

It's all about oil pipelines, to get oil out of the "Stans"' and the Caspian Sea region, an alternate route. That's the win they are hoping for, more corporate welfare for oil companies we can all tack on to the price of gas, plus interest on the debt we incur.

Military leaders always want more men, more escalation, more money, more equipment, and most of all, they always thought they would win. But we never stop to ask what we win, and is the cost worth it. I say no.

Then we have the classic Pentagon filter on the media, the fact that all experts come from the Pentagon, so of course, they want more people, money, equipment, and as yet, I rarely see countervailing opinion. It's the classic Chomky Pentagon media filter, where only their opinion is allowed, with credibility. How much money will we waste there, how many men will get slaughtered on both sides. It's a fucking greek tragedy.

The left HATES the military.. this is old news. All that crap of "we support the troops, just not the war" and other such nonsense is just that.. NONSENSE. The only military folks they approve of are vermin like Carter, Clark, Powell and Kerry.

So, I hate myself? Noose hates himself? All the rest of us Leftie Veterans hate ourselves?

ridiculous thing to say isn't it?

McChrystal is screwed up from the start, since he was deeply involved in the Pat Tillman coverup, and front story, hiding the fact that he was killed by friendly fire, in 2004, leading up to the election. ....
If that is so relevant to commanding the theater, then BHO was a moron for appointing McChrystal, no?

and now someon takes the blame obama road.

McChrystal is screwed up from the start, since he was deeply involved in the Pat Tillman coverup, and front story, hiding the fact that he was killed by friendly fire, in 2004, leading up to the election. ....
If that is so relevant to commanding the theater, then BHO was a moron for appointing McChrystal, no?

As I said, IF (small word, big meaning) that Tillman issue is so important to one's ability to command a theater, then one must conclude that Obama is a moron for appointing McChrystal.

There is so much more that has not been reported on how this all went down - I couldn't say who I believe is in the right and who is in the wrong on this one.
Too many folks will just be inclined to use it as a club to suit their own political purposes and spin it however they need to in order to suit that purpose.

Rest assured that if McChrystal were spewing "we need to get out", he'd be a national hero of the left which is even funnier given our supposed inatention to Afghanistan was what the left slammed Bush on repeatedly and Obama ran on.
You can't take these folks seriously.. you just can't.

McChrystal was hand picked by Obama folks - so whatever issues you have with McChrystal prior to his appointment by Obama, then Obama is in stark disagreement with you...

So when they fire him will the left INSIST, as they did when Bush replaced a General , that the President is replacing a competent commander with a stooge to cover his ass? Or will we be greeted with " Boooosh DID IT"

So when they fire him will the left INSIST, as they did when Bush replaced a General , that the President is replacing a competent commander with a stooge to cover his ass? Or will we be greeted with " Boooosh DID IT"

Good point.

And now we have the Obama administration deeply mred in it's own "Nationalsozialismus".

America's Nazi's are setting up shop.

Rest assured that if McChrystal were spewing "we need to get out", he'd be a national hero of the left which is even funnier given our supposed inatention to Afghanistan was what the left slammed Bush on repeatedly and Obama ran on.
You can't take these folks seriously.. you just can't.

I'm a Liberal Veteran and I don't think we "need to get out" of Afghanistan...at least not just yet.

Now, who shouldn't we take seriously? :eusa_eh:

Kind of reminds you of how the conservatives treated General Eric Shinseki doesn't it?

Actually alot of us to this day agree with Shinseki. Rumsfeld was wrong about trying to win the war with such a small force.

So what is wrong with McChrystal asking for a bigger force to fight the war with? Thats supposedly what Obama promised us when he was campaigning. Or let me guess...that was yet another promise we'd never see come to fruition?

Kind of reminds you of how the conservatives treated General Eric Shinseki doesn't it?

Actually alot of us to this day agree with Shinseki. Rumsfeld was wrong about trying to win the war with such a small force.

So what is wrong with McChrystal asking for a bigger force to fight the war with? Thats supposedly what Obama promised us when he was campaigning. Or let me guess...that was yet another promise we'd never see come to fruition?

What is more troubling is that it appears the now growing liberal attack campaign against McChrystal stems from simple defense of Obama - not what is best for the troops, the Afghan campaign, or longer term international policy.

These people appear to place devotion to Obama above all else...

As I said, IF (small word, big meaning) that Tillman issue is so important to one's ability to command a theater, then one must conclude that Obama is a moron for appointing McChrystal.

i find obama to be moronic period till he proves otherwise.

What is more troubling is that it appears the now growing liberal attack campaign against McChrystal stems from simple defense of Obama - not what is best for the troops, the Afghan campaign, or longer term international policy.

Naturally, party before country - the liberal way.

Naturally, party before country - the liberal way.

no, that's the dumbass way. not all liberals are retards

what is wrong with McChrystal asking for a bigger force to fight the war with? Thats supposedly what Obama promised us when he was campaigning.

we've gone from 32,000 to 48,250
so can we at least talk about the FACTS (and not the hyper-partisan political rhetoric) of the issue?

Or does your desire to give Obama a black eye trump the facts and the troops?

Last edited:
what is wrong with McChrystal asking for a bigger force to fight the war with? Thats supposedly what Obama promised us when he was campaigning.

we've gone from 32,000 to 48,250
so can we at least talk about the FACTS (and not the hyper-partisan political rhetoric) of the issue?

Or does your desire to give Obama a black eye trump the facts and the troops?
The majority of those troops sent were rear echelon types.
Give McChrystel 40,000 front line combat troops, forthwit, and lets get on with this mission.
There should be no mulling it over. No dog and pony show meetings with senate and congress. Just give him the damn troops!

Forum List

Back