Liberals Cause Their Own Homeless Problem

Yes, it's the rich that does support our federal government. The top 20% of working people will pay 87% of all collected income taxes. In that figure, the top 1% pay 40%. So yes, it's the wealthy that supports nearly our entire federal government.

Payroll tax most people get back at the end of their life. If you live the average US lifespan, you will get all your SS money back and more, all your Medicare money back and more, if you become disabled depending on the age of disability, you will get all your FICA taxes back and more. Other payroll taxes go to support the services your local governments pay for such as street lights, emergency services, police, garbage pickup and so on.

If we took all our poor and put them on an island somewhere, nobody would miss them. In fact our country would be better off without them. Take all our wealthy and do the same, our country collapses.

Our federal government isn't funded by anyone. That's your first mistake. Local and state governments are funded by tax dollars, not the federal government. The purpose of the federal income tax is to maintain the value of the dollar and control inflation. The budgetary constraints of the federal government is our nation's GDP i.e. Gross Domestic Product/Production Capacity. It's currently at 23 trillion and the budget is way below that. We could easily double, even tripple our federal budget, without an issue. What makes our country productive are these people:

gettyimages-670891341-1024x1024.jpg

tower_history4.jpg

OIP.jpg

The working class. Joe the plumber. Those are the true heroes of the economy.​

The 1% are bailed out by the federal government every few years, to the tune of trillions of dollars and most of their wealth is inherited and generated by the sweat and labor of the working class, so again you're misplacing your praise and admiration. Labor is always superior to capital, even Abraham Lincoln, one of the most iconic, important Republican presidents in our nation's history, recognized this:

Abraham-Lincoln-quote-about-politics-from-State-of-the-Union-Address-2a2745.jpg

You wrote the following drivel:

Payroll tax most people get back at the end of their life. If you live the average US lifespan, you will get all your SS money back and more, all your Medicare money back and more, if you become disabled depending on the age of disability, you will get all your FICA taxes back and more. Other payroll taxes go to support the services your local governments pay for such as street lights, emergency services, police, garbage pickup and so on.

No, it doesn't, you're ignorant of how our monetary system works and how the federal government is funded. Local and state governments, rely on taxes to fund themselves, along with the money they receive from the federal government. The federal government isn't funded by anyone, it is the exclusive issuer of the USD. Our money is a sovereign, fiat currency, issued by our congress and "printed" (typed into a keyboard) by a government-chartered bank, like the FED.

The US federal government will never go insolvent. It simply creates the dollars, period. That's it, nothing else to say. You're an ignoramus, for claiming anyone funds the US federal government.

The working-class produces everything in this economy and world, not the 1% that you worship, and in your delusional, brainwashed mind, aspire to become.

More of your drivel:

If we took all our poor and put them on an island somewhere, nobody would miss them. In fact our country would be better off without them. Take all our wealthy and do the same, our country collapses.

More stupid tripe. First of all, God cares about the poor, and if you mistreat them, with your disparaging attitude and behavior, you'll go to hell.

Mat 25:43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
Mat 25:44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Master, when saw we thee hungry, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
Mat 25:45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
Mat 25:46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life everlasting.

Mat_19:23 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.
Mat_19:24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Is it a good idea to strive to be of the group of people who Jesus says hardly ever enter the kingdom of heaven?

Luk 1:52 He (GOD) hath put down the mighty from their seats, and exalted them of low degree.
Luk 1:53 He hath filled the hungry with good things; and the rich he hath sent empty away.

Do you strive to be sent away empty? Is that the smart course to take? The "good path"?

Luk 6:24 But woe unto you that are rich for ye have received your consolation.
Luk 6:25 Woe unto you that are full for ye shall hunger. Woe unto you that laugh now for ye shall mourn and weep.

You have such admiration and respect for the rich. Jesus didn't.

Luk 12:16 And he spake a parable unto them, saying, The ground of a certain rich man brought forth plentifully:
Luk 12:17 And he thought within himself, saying, What shall I do, because I have no room where to bestow my fruits?
Luk 12:18 And he said, This will I do: I will pull down my barns, and build greater; and there will I bestow all my fruits and my goods.
Luk 12:19 And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat, drink, and be merry.
Luk 12:20 But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided?
Luk 12:21 So is he that layeth up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God.

Luk 12:22 And he said unto his disciples, Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat; neither for the body, what ye shall put on.
Luk 12:23 The life is more than meat, and the body is more than raiment.
Luk 12:24 Consider the ravens: for they neither sow nor reap; which neither have storehouse nor barn; and God feedeth them: how much more are ye better than the fowls?

Luk 12:33 Sell that ye have, and give alms; provide yourselves bags which wax not old, a treasure in the heavens that faileth not, where no thief approacheth, neither moth corrupteth.

Luk 12:34 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Here is an example of the rich who have your attitude towards the poor:

Luk 16:19 There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:
Luk 16:20 And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,
Luk 16:21 And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.
Luk 16:22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;
Luk 16:23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

The arrogant rich guy like you goes to hell and the poor man who you look down upon, goes to heaven, inheriting eternal life.

Psa 10:2 The wicked in his pride doth persecute the poor: let them be taken in the devices that they have imagined.

Psa_109:31 For he shall stand at the right hand of the poor, to save him from those that condemn his soul.

God stands with the poor...

Pro 22:16 He that oppresseth the poor to increase his riches, and he that giveth to the rich, shall surely come to want.

Those who give to the rich become poor (lowing taxes for the rich and raising them for the poor).

Pro_28:27 He that giveth unto the poor shall not lack: but he that hideth his eyes shall have many a curse.

Pro_29:7 The righteous considereth the cause of the poor: but the wicked regardeth not to know it.

Psa_140:12 I know that the LORD will maintain the cause of the afflicted, and the right of the poor.

The "cause" of the poor, the "right"of the poor. Were you aware of that Bubba? There is the "cause", the need of the poor. There is also the "right" of the poor. They have rights. God doesn't advise or suggest you feed and house the poor, he commands, and orders you to do it. It's not a divine suggestion, it's a divine order. The poor have rights. They have entitlements. Those poor people you hate so much, have rights.

This is the ultimate fast and offering, that YHWH accepts from His people:

Isa 58:5 Is it such a fast that I have chosen? a day for a man to afflict his soul? is it to bow down his head as a bulrush, and to spread sackcloth and ashes under him? wilt thou call this a fast, and an acceptable day to YHWH?
Isa 58:6 Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke?
Isa 58:7 Is it not to deal thy bread to the hungry, and that thou bring the poor that are cast out to thy house? when thou seest the naked, that thou cover him; and that thou hide not thyself from thine own flesh?
Isa 58:8 Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of YHWH shall be thy rearward (Guardian, who guards your back).
Isa 58:9 Then shalt thou call, and YHWH shall answer; thou shalt cry, and he shall say, Here I am. If thou take away from the midst of thee the yoke, the putting forth of the finger, and speaking vanity;
Isa 58:10 And if thou draw out thy soul to the hungry, and satisfy the afflicted soul; then shall thy light rise in obscurity, and thy darkness be as the noonday:
Isa 58:11 And YHWH shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones: and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not.
Isa 58:12 And they that shall be of thee shall build the old waste places: thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, The repairer of the breach, The restorer of paths to dwell in.
Isa 58:13 If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of YHWH, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words:
Isa 58:14 Then shalt thou delight thyself in YHWH; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of YHWH hath spoken it.

That's how YHWH our Heavenly Father, feels about the poor. Jesus His Son, also loves the poor. He wants His people to open the doors of their homes and let them in. Now if you don't do that, well at least let the government provide the poor with housing. If you and I don't have enough love in our hearts to open the door of our homes to the homeless, then at the very least, we should support our government, to provide housing to the homeless. You can't be a Christian, a follower of Jesus, and have such a condescending, degrading attitude towards the poor or the working class.

Last edited:
Our federal government isn't funded by anyone. That's your first mistake. Local and state governments are funded by tax dollars, not the federal government. The 1% are bailed out by the federal government every few years, to the tune of trillions of dollars and most of their wealth is inherited and generated by the sweat and labor of the working class, so again you're misplacing your praise and admiration. Labor is always superior to capital, even Abraham Lincoln, one of the most iconic, important Republican presidents in our nation's history, recognized this:

True that labor is the original capital. Therefore, anyone who labors is a capitalist. But this only profits the laborer if he produces goods for himself. Sadly, we rely on others for these, paying them much more than it would cost to produce them for ourselves. Worse yet we often borrow to buy these things thus adding interest to the cost as well. Not a good personal financial plan.

Last edited:
True that labor is the original capital. Therefore, anyone who labors is a capitalist. But this only profits the laborer if he produces goods for himself. Sadly, we rely on others for these, paying them much more than it would cost to produce them for ourselves. Worse yet we often borrow to buy these things thus adding interest to the cost as well. Not a good personal financial plan.

A capitalist is someone who owns the means of production (the facilities, machinery) and employs human labor to produce goods for him or her, to sell in the marketplace for a profit. It's essentially, production for a profit. The working-class sells their labor-power/presence/time/their safety/health and lives, to a capitalist for a wage. The working-class aren't capitalists, they're in a completely different socioeconomic class, with its own unique needs and interests. The capitalist employers who Adam Smith called "masters" and their "employees", have different goals.

Last edited:
In my city Section 8 comes with way too many regulations. Most landlords including myself reject the program. We have always had a strong rental market here and don't need to accept subsidized renters.

The problem for me is my foreign neighbor wants way too much for what he has, and the only people willing to pay that kind of price are lowlifes on Section 8. They get this high priced voucher, kick in a few hundred bucks to make up the difference, and they can live in the suburbs that way.

The problem for me is my foreign neighbor wants way too much for what he has, and the only people willing to pay that kind of price are lowlifes on Section 8. They get this high priced voucher, kick in a few hundred bucks to make up the difference, and they can live in the suburbs that way.
Good, may your neighbor prosper. If he's Mexican, I hope he speaks Spanish in front of you as much as possible, to piss you off. God hates racist bigots (Numbers 12:1-10).

Last edited:
You ignore the fact that Republicans criminalize homelessness forcing them out of their cities and into liberal-run cities, where they have more rights and access to social services. You also ignore the fact that Republicans have a penchant for defunding social programs that help the homeless get back on their feet. So the homeless get the heck out of Republican, conservative-run cities and go to Democrat-run cities, hence the greater number of homeless in liberal-run cities.

The problem is that both Republicans and Democrats aren't doing what needs to be done to eliminate homelessness in America. We have the resources to do it, but we choose not to, hence we end up paying more, in money, crime..etc. Homelessness costs America hundreds of billions of dollars when you factor in all of the court costs, incarceration costs, medical costs, property damage, and lack of business in large areas of the city:

Both residential and commercial properties being devalued, people not going to your business because homeless people are harrasing them and urinating, even defecating in front of your store..etc. When you count all of the money that is lost due to homelessness, it's more than a 100 billion yearly. At least. It would cost much less to house the homeless and force them into drug-rehab and outpatient treatment and counseling. That would cost much less. Our government could build new, modern, basic housing for the homeless (a studio efficiency, with a bathroom, small kitchen, bed, airconditioning, electricity..etc). Basic housing, but housing nonetheless.

It would cost aproximinately 20-27 billion dollars to build the housing for our 600 thousand homeless people around the country. Homeless couples with kids, would get a one or two bedroom apartment. Single people would get a studio-efficiency, with basic amenities, nothing fancy. We provide drug-rehab services, AA and NA meetings in the apartment complex, we provide social workers/counselors, we provide needed healthcare, and also, very importantly, we provide vocational-job training and employment opportunities for those who want jobs.

Doing all of the above would cost less than what we're doing now, which is essentially nothing (doing nothing is extremely expensive). Homeless shelters/emergency housing isn't a solution for homelessness. Have you ever slept in a homeless shelter? I work with the homeless, I know how it is in the shelter system.

Most homeless people opt to sleep outside, on a park bench, or in a cheap Walmart tent behind Walmart. That's better than being eaten alive by bedbugs in a homeless shelter and being coughed on all night by a stranger with TB, not to speak of that little AM radio he leaves on all night. The homeless talk-show listener, who doesn't let you sleep. I'm saying this because recently one of the homeless people that I know, was complaining about his bunk-mate listening to talkshows all night ("Coast To Coast With Artbell"). Homeless shelters are not the solution to homelessness. Housing is the solution. Housing.

What does God say about housing the homeless? Let's read His Word:

Isa 58:6 Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke?
Isa 58:7 Is it not to deal thy bread to the hungry, and that thou bring the poor that are cast out to thy house? when thou seest the naked, that thou cover him; and that thou hide not thyself from thine own flesh?
Isa 58:8 Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the honor of Yahweh shall be thy rear guard.
Isa 58:9 Then shalt thou call, and Yahweh shall answer; thou shalt cry, and he shall say, Here I am. If thou take away from the midst of thee the yoke, the putting forth of the finger, and speaking vanity;
Isa 58:10 And if thou draw out thy soul to the hungry, and satisfy the afflicted soul; then shall thy light rise in obscurity, and thy darkness be as the noonday:
Isa 58:11 And Yahweh shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones: and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not.
Isa 58:12 And they that shall be of thee shall build the old waste places: thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, The repairer of the breach, The restorer of paths to dwell in.

Praise YHWH, The Living God Of Israel. Hallelujah. Open your home to the homeless. Do I have enough love to do that? If not, then I can at least allow the government to house the homeless. If I don't want the homeless living in my living room, sleeping on my couch, eating all of my Fig Newtons, and drinking all of my milk, then I can at least, as a God-fearing disciple of Jesus Christ, allow my government to house them. If and that's a big IF, I have to pay an extra $20 monthly in taxes or an extra 2% in sales tax, to make sure the homeless are adequately housed, then so be it. Why not?

I spend a fortune on Papa Johns every single week. I can show you my actual online receipts, check this out:

View attachment 740040

I'm addicted to Papa Johns, yet I can't spend an extra $20, $30 in taxes monthly to make sure the homeless are adequately housed and treated with the social services that they need? Homelessness is more expensive, both financially and spiritually. Look what Jesus says:

Mat 25:42 For I was hungry, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
Mat 25:43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
Mat 25:44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Master, when saw we thee hungry, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

Mat 25:45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
Mat 25:46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life everlasting.

I was a stranger and you took me not in. In where? Into a homeless shelter? Is that what Jesus was referring to? You didn't drop me off at the El Camino Homeless Mission? He said "you didn't let me into your home". I don't have enough love to let the homeless stay in my home but I can have my government make sure people are adequately housed and not homeless. What's "adequate"? Common sense. It's pretty self-evident what is "adequate", it doesn't take a genius to figure that out. This isn't rocket science. Housing with a bathroom, at least a small kitchen with a simple fridge, a bed, AC.

Both Republicans and Democrats are the source of the problem, due to incompetence and/or indifference.

That's just a flat out lie. Most all homeless come from their general area.

What's bigoted about wanting to live in peace and quiet?

You didn't mention anything about that, that's a new issue. You were originally griping about your neighbor the "foreigner" who supposedly has section 8, so you don't like that. He's supposedly a "loser". You could've simply said "I have some really noisy neighbors I'm dealing with" and I would've shown some sympathy. But you started off with the "my neighbor is a foreigner, and has section 8..blah blah blah blah blah". Spoken like a typical right-wing bigot that blames all of his problems on Mexicans and poor people.

Last edited:
That's just a flat out lie. Most all homeless come from their general area.

Proof, evidence.

I speak from experience, I work with the homeless. I know exactly what the situation is when it comes to the homeless, traveling to other cities that offer more social services and are less strict with their city ordinances on homelessness. Some cities criminalize panhandling and others don't. Some allow the homeless to pitch a tent between 6 pm and 6 am. So if you're homeless in a right-wing conservative city full of people like you, you get the heck out of there and find another city.

You can claim I'm lying but I'm the one who works with the homeless, not you. I have extensive experience with the homeless and poor, working with my church. I volunteer as a social worker, whenever I can, to help the homeless find housing, medical care, jobs..etc. I also take members of my church to feed the homeless several times monthly.

For the most part, homeless are the people from their area. What do you think they do, find the money for a plane ticket from Arkansas to LA? People are homeless because they have no money for anything, including travel, unless it is by foot.
You may be right that for the most part, homeless are the people from their area, however there are cities that offer one-way bus ticket. I don't think it is a right/left issue, it seems more local.

You didn't mention anything about that, that's a new issue. You were originally griping about your neighbor the "foreigner" who supposedly has section 8, so you don't like that. He's supposedly a "loser". You could've simply said "I have some really noisy neighbors I'm dealing with" and I would've shown some sympathy. But you started off with the "my neighbor is a foreigner, and has section 8..blah blah blah blah blah". Spoken like a typical right-wing bigot that blames all of his problems on Mexicans and poor people.

Well maybe if you're going to chime in on a conversation, you should read all the posts about it first instead of spending time on posting ten page replies nobody is going to waste their time to read.

Post #81

We both totally agree. I'm just pointing out to you that the party you support doesn't agree with us. They try to score points with their voters by destroying nice areas in the name of equity. I live in the burbs. I have Section 8 right next door. Every tenant there has been there was nothing but a problem. They are noisy, have zero consideration for working people, and are generally dirty and have even been violent on a few occasions. They simply don't belong here. The police have been next door about a dozen times in the last five or six years because of all the problems they bring with them.

The foreigner I was referring to is the owner of the property from the middle-east.

You may be right that for the most part, homeless are the people from their area, however there are cities that offer one-way bus ticket. I don't think it is a right/left issue, it seems more local.
It depends what city it is. The homeless in Helena, Montana. OK, yeah, most likely most of the homeless in Helena, are locals. Come here to NYC and more than half of the homeless are from other parts of the country. Same in Philadelphia, LA, San Francisco, and other large cities. You'll find a lot of people from Southern states or conservative-run cities, relocating to cities that offer more social services, have less strict laws against homelessness.

Well maybe if you're going to chime in on a conversation, you should read all the posts about it first instead of spending time on posting ten page replies nobody is going to waste their time to read.

Post #81

The foreigner I was referring to is the owner of the property from the middle-east.

No one reads all of the posts before they "chime in". You don't do it, and neither do I. As far as my long posts, I get people messaging me all of the time, telling me they like what I write. I don't respond to your posts for your sake, I already know you're gone. I do it for others, who are genuinely interested in the truth.

It depends what city it is. The homeless in Helena, Montana. OK, yeah, most likely most of the homeless in Helena, are locals. Come here to NYC and more than half of the homeless are from other parts of the country. Same in Philadelphia, LA, San Francisco, and other large cities. You'll find a lot of people from Southern states or conservative-run cities, relocating to cities that offer more social services, have less strict laws against homelessness.
A major cause is the high price of land in places like NYC. In Helena you can find a cheap home in a trailer park, that is not an option in NYC

Proof, evidence.

I speak from experience, I work with the homeless. I know exactly what the situation is when it comes to the homeless, traveling to other cities that offer more social services and are less strict with their city ordinances on homelessness. Some cities criminalize panhandling and others don't. Some allow the homeless to pitch a tent between 6 pm and 6 am. So if you're homeless in a right-wing conservative city full of people like you, you get the heck out of there and find another city.

You can claim I'm lying but I'm the one who works with the homeless, not you. I have extensive experience with the homeless and poor, working with my church. I volunteer as a social worker, whenever I can, to help the homeless find housing, medical care, jobs..etc. I also take members of my church to feed the homeless several times monthly.
Of course you can find anecdotal evidence.

Yes, I remember NYC was busing homeless to California. Same thing though, one liberal city transferring their liberally induced problems to another liberal area.

What I've said all along and this article is the proof. And, it's not an article from Fox News. It is an article from the Atlantic, which leans left. Liberals have caused their very own problem. Same holds true with income inequality and a whole slew of other things.

No one goes to Mississippi because it's a shit hole. Everyone is dirt poor there except the elite ChristoMAGA who turned it into a hole.

Why did it erupt during a period of strong economic growth?

It didn't. We have been dealing (not dealing) with this issue for many, many years. Something not dealt with will continue to grow no matter what.

If you have a cancer but go to the gym, your cancer will still grow. When an article starts off on a false assumption, well.................

The Steele dossier comes to mind.

No one reads all of the posts before they "chime in". You don't do it, and neither do I. As far as my long posts, I get people messaging me all of the time, telling me they like what I write. I don't respond to your posts for your sake, I already know you're gone. I do it for others, who are genuinely interested in the truth.

It's not hard to follow posts on USMB. See that "up" arrow next to the posters name? All you have to do is click that arrow and it will take you to the last reply of that conversation. If you need to read more, click the up arrow on that post too. You can get the entire exchange by clicking that arrow usually five or six times at most.

Forum List

Back