Liberals Destroying Business (Uber and Lyft)

Once again, the liberal kooks in Ca work to destroy a company and/or raise prices for consumers of Lyft and Uber.

California Labor Bill, Near Passage, Is Blow to Uber and Lyft
Those ride share companies have been sidestepping the regulations taxi companies must follow. You had to know that sooner or later they'd close that loophole. CA may be the first, but the other states will follow pretty quickly.

Yes, and they deliver a better product. Like I said, I use Lyft from time to time and they are great. I know within a couple minutes when they will pick me up, and they are nice folks with CLEAN cars.

Yep, although not too sure about the "nice folks" part.
Does Lyft or Uber Hire Felons - How to Get a Job With Ride Sharing Services - Jobs That Hire Felons

View attachment 278861

Yep, that makes it much safer.

Once again, the liberal kooks in Ca work to destroy a company and/or raise prices for consumers of Lyft and Uber.

Those ride share companies have been sidestepping the regulations taxi companies must follow. You had to know that sooner or later they'd close that loophole. CA may be the first, but the other states will follow pretty quickly.

Yes, and they deliver a better product. Like I said, I use Lyft from time to time and they are great. I know within a couple minutes when they will pick me up, and they are nice folks with CLEAN cars.

Does Lyft or Uber Hire Felons - How to Get a Job With Ride Sharing Services - Jobs That Hire Felons

Apply your logic to cops, teachers, priests, congress critters, etc. Etc. Etc.

Every population you care to look at is going to have criminals.

You don't seem to think too well.

View attachment 278861

Yep, that makes it much safer.

Yes it does. Just as safe as any other similar mode of transport.

Chances of a cop being a felon are really slim, teacher not as slim.

Not since I got a car when I was 17.

But I already outlined the differences between a taxi or bus driver over an Uber driver.

And you don't have to agree to some uber-long terms of service that is designed not for your safety but rather for Uber's safety just to flag down a cab
Oh.. Yeah...

Did you know that in many cities taxi drivers are partially or mostly contractors, just like Uber drivers?

Those in a cab waiting for a Jackpot may not be so happy when they find out what their taxi driver is worth.

Not just like Uber drivers because I can hold the taxi company liable for injuries because they are a livery service. Uber is not a transportation company and have you agree to terms that absolve them of any wrongdoings in regards to your personal safety

Can I Sue Uber or Lyft? | Dolan Law Firm

Read the terms of service.

Except the guy driving the taxi has his name and license to operate on display and he has to be bonded and insured and the company has to submit to regulations on the condition of their vehicles etc

Any Joe Schmoe can drive any old POS for Uber
All Uber/ Lyft drivers go through background checks.

Different localities have different standards for taxi drivers. Many or most areas have contracted drivers just like Uber.

I wish all elites rode Uber and Lyft. Government cars should be scaled back and use more rideshare.

Uber/Lyft drivers are regular people. Some better than others. But I find them much better than taxi drivers.

By and large they are friendlier, have cleaner cars, and have much better stories and insights than taxi drivers. Also they almost always speak English.

All in all, rideshare drivers are a much more diverse and representative slice of America.

Best idea in decades.
Except they dont make much in lot or cases they make less than minimum wage.
California did the right move,

Like I said before I haven't used a taxi since I got a car when I was 17.

But feel free to sign away all your rights to seek damages against the Uber Corp every time you get into one of those cars.

Funny how none of you people seem to know that Uber is not a transportation company and that you have to sign away all your rights to seek damages for any injuries or lost property resulting from getting a ride form an Uber driver.
Do you have a friend take you to the airport? Who do you think is going to pay you a jackpot prize if there's an accident? Who do you think pays you a jackpot if you're driving your own car?

Who pays you a jackpot if your HVAC guy screws up and burns your house down? If the garage mechanic screws up your brakes and your family is killed, how do you collect your jackpot then?

You don't sign away squat with Uber/Lyft.

There are millions and millions of Uber/Lyft every month.. Not sure how many, but it's millions. If there were a high rate of problems, we'd be hearing about it.
If the car insurance company finds out people are using their personal vehicles as a paid livery service then they won't pay out in the even of an accident or injury.

I don't pay my friend to drive me to the airport.
Uber has drivers under an umbrella policy. Lyft allows drivers to add supplemental insurance for pennies / trip.

There are several million rideshare rides a month with no systemic problems.

Rideshare is a Godsend for Medicare patients, disabled people, and people that don't want to be killed by drunk drivers.

Municipalities have had to adjust their budgets because of the drop in DUI convictions.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/article215758380.html

Rideshare isn't perfect. It's just far superior.

Being a felon does not make you the devil. Sometimes it just means you made a bad choice and did something stupid.

I had a kid in the DEP who decided to scan a 20 dollar bill and print it on bond paper and try to pass it off at school. 17 years old and charged with and found guilty of a felony. Needless to say, he never went to bootcamp. But he was not a danger to anyone, just stupid

Being a felon does not make you the devil. Sometimes it just means you made a bad choice and did something stupid.

I had a kid in the DEP who decided to scan a 20 dollar bill and print it on bond paper and try to pass it off at school. 17 years old and charged with and found guilty of a felony. Needless to say, he never went to bootcamp. But he was not a danger to anyone, just stupid

Certainly doesn't mean you're the devil, but it does make it next to impossible to be a cop.

Certainly doesn't mean you're the devil, but it does make it next to impossible to be a cop.

But it does not make you a danger while driving for Uber.

Great, so next time one of your family members or even you decide to get into an Uber car, don't worry, be happy.

I use Uber and Lyft quite a bit and all the drivers are nice and quite happy.
And making next to nothing.

If that were true, they wouldn't be doing it.
Many try it and then quite when they realize how little they make.
Uber and Lyft Face Hurdle of Finding and Keeping Drivers

People have unrealistic expectations, not really the fault of Uber or Lyft.
Not their fault perhaps, but very low pay regardless. Their pay isn’t so obvious as car costs must be taken into account.

Great, so next time one of your family members or even you decide to get into an Uber car, don't worry, be happy.

Sometimes I wonder how you find the courage to walk out your front door in the mornings. You just seem to live in a constant state of being scared of the world.

I use Uber and Lyft quite a bit and all the drivers are nice and quite happy.
And making next to nothing.

If that were true, they wouldn't be doing it.
Many try it and then quite when they realize how little they make.
Uber and Lyft Face Hurdle of Finding and Keeping Drivers

People have unrealistic expectations, not really the fault of Uber or Lyft.
Not their fault perhaps, but very low pay regardless. Their pay isn’t so obvious as car costs must be taken into account.

Apparently the 3 million Uber drivers and 1.4 million Lyft drivers feel that the compensation, flexibility and ability to have control over what they earn is worth it, otherwise they wouldn't be doing it would they? It's not like anybody is holding a gun to their heads and making them drive for either one of these companies, right?

Sometimes I wonder how you find the courage to walk out your front door in the mornings. You just seem to live in a constant state of being scared of the world.
He stays in moms basement.

No need to wonder at all. There are a few things I usually avoid. A couple of them are, I don't wander through gang infested neighborhoods and I don't hang out with ex-felons. Dealing with a mealy mouth prick such as yourself is not one of those on my list to be concerned about.

Forum List

Back