Liberals Destroying Business (Uber and Lyft)

No need to wonder at all. There are a few things I usually avoid. A couple of them are, I don't wander through gang infested neighborhoods and I don't hang out with ex-felons. Dealing with a mealy mouth prick such as yourself is not one of those on my list to be concerned about.

:itsok:
:iyfyus.jpg:

So QUOTE="Golfing Gator, post: 23100820, member: 61808"]
Once again, the liberal kooks in Ca work to destroy a company and/or raise prices for consumers of Lyft and Uber.

California Labor Bill, Near Passage, Is Blow to Uber and Lyft
Those ride share companies have been sidestepping the regulations taxi companies must follow. You had to know that sooner or later they'd close that loophole. CA may be the first, but the other states will follow pretty quickly.

Yes, and they deliver a better product. Like I said, I use Lyft from time to time and they are great. I know within a couple minutes when they will pick me up, and they are nice folks with CLEAN cars.

Yep, although not too sure about the "nice folks" part.
Does Lyft or Uber Hire Felons - How to Get a Job With Ride Sharing Services - Jobs That Hire Felons

View attachment 278861[/QUOTE]
if they just got done with their 8 year sentence for armed robbery we'd never know about it?

uber/lyft created a way to skirt laws taxis must follow. sooner or later that was going to be addressed.

Once again, the liberal kooks in Ca work to destroy a company and/or raise prices for consumers of Lyft and Uber.

Those ride share companies have been sidestepping the regulations taxi companies must follow. You had to know that sooner or later they'd close that loophole. CA may be the first, but the other states will follow pretty quickly.

Those "laws % regulations" are there to protect the unions and criminals who run those businesses.
Look at all the BULLSHIT medallion scandals.
And make no mistake the yellow cab company is corrupt as the sun is yellow and they rule their drivers with an iron fist.

Fuck the cab industry. And yes, I drove a yellow cab while in college.
all i'm really saying is if uber/lyft can do it, then even it up and de-regulate the cab industry. i am certainly no fan of riding in a cab. when i do i feel like i'm taking my life into my own hands at times.
I'll take an Uber of yellowcab any day of the week. The show up in minutes, instead of a half hour to an hour. They are reliable, and their vehicles are clean.

uber/lyft created a way to skirt laws taxis must follow. sooner or later that was going to be addressed.
The same way Guido the leg Breaker addresses businesses who refuse to pay his protection money.

Not just Uber and Lyft, they aimed for Uber and hit a bunch of their own constituents.

LIFE IS HARD. IT’S HARDER WHEN YOU’RE STUPID.

Democrat Behind Law That Just Got Hundreds Of Writers Fired Says It’s ‘Not All Bad,’ Gets Smacked, Apologizes.

On Monday, Vox Media-owned SB Nation announced that it was cutting more than 200 freelance writers as a direct result of California’s new law targeting independent contractors. When one of those soon-to-be terminated writers posted about the “devastating” situation online, the chief sponsor of the bill responded by telling her it’s “not all bad” and framing the loss of jobs as a choice by the contractors. Amid blistering blowback, the lawmaker offered a meek apology.

California’s Assembly Bill 5 (AB 5) — sponsored by Assemblywoman Lorena Gonzalez, who The Atlantic cheered as “The California Democrat setting the National Agenda” — targets the so-called “gig economy,” the use of independent contractors, including freelance writers and ride share drivers. Because Gonzalez’s bill arbitrarily imposes the limit of 35 contributions for freelance writers a year for a publication, SB Nation has been forced to cut ties with over 200 contractors, creating only about 20 part-time and full-time jobs to replace them — meaning some 180+ former freelancers have officially lost a source of income.

One of those writers, Rebecca Lawson, editor-in-chief of the blog Mavs Moneyball who covers the NBA’s Dallas Mavericks from San Diego, posted about the “terrible” bill after SB Nation announced the hundreds of layoffs Monday.

Democrat Behind Law That Just Got Hundreds Of Writers Fired Says It’s ‘Not All Bad,’ Gets Smacked, Apologizes

So what have they learned from this experience?

Gonzo Gonzalez — the San Diego assemblywoman who is behind a series of left-wing laws since she came to office in 2013 and is reportedly eyeing California’s Secretary of State spot — posted a direct response to Lawson in defense of her much-maligned bill.

The firing of hundreds of contractors in order to hire just 20 employees, Gonzalez attempted to argue in her response, is a net positive. The 180+ contractors unable to land one of the 20 jobs, Gonzalez suggested, simply don’t “want a job,” which suggests that Gonzo learned both "math" and "logic" at public schools.

In response, Lawson fired back. “They’re creating like 15 full time jobs for HUNDREDS of us who were let go just because California. That’s good? How???”

“And don’t tell me what’s good for me,” Lawson added in a follow-up post. “This is lost income for my family. In the case of some of my friends, THOUSANDS of dollars a month. It’s horrible.”

In response to the intense blowback, Gonzo Gonzalez pretended to give a crap, writing, “I’m sorry, in no way did I mean to minimize your specific loss.” Progressive Totalitarians do not see us a individuals, they see us part of the "masses". If they can claim they did good for the Masses, they only put on a show for the "specific" injury they caused in the process, that is considered acceptable collateral damage.

They wreaked a bunch of careers with this law.

SAD, BUT ODDS ARE YOU VOTE DEMOCRATIC, SO YOU’RE JUST GETTING IT GOOD AND HARD: I Built A Stellar Career As One Of The Only Women In Geek News, But California’s New Law Could Destroy It All.

California's AB5 aims to end exploitation of gig workers, but it's already killing careers instead.

A freelance writer and their hard-earned career is about to be destroyed. Y

There’s a new law becoming effective in California on January 1, 2020, and it's being watched closely by legislators working on similar measures in states such as New Jersey and New York.

California Assembly Bill 5 (AB5), authored by Assemblywoman Lorena Gonzalez, caps a specific category of freelancers — writers, editors, newspaper cartoonists and photojournalists — at 35 submissions per year per publication or company.

Yes, you read that correctly. If clients want us to produce more than that, they must hire us as part or full-time employees and issue us W-2 tax forms, whether we want them to or not.

Gonzalez has stated that she believes companies will be forced to hire us all under AB5. They won’t.

Most publishers can easily avoid the hassle of complying with a 35-submission per writer limit by simply finding writers from other states (or even from overseas).

In mid-December, The very leftwing Vox media announced they would be ending contracts with hundreds of freelancers regularly contributing to SB Nation, Curbed and Eater. And earlier in the fall, transcription site Rev ended contracts with all of their California freelancers, noting they will not be taking on more.

Companies are afraid to go over the 35 submission limit, and some of them are simply cutting ties with freelancers outright, if not massively cutting their assignments.

Even if you do freelance work as a side business, you’re in danger. You may be about to lose that income, or find it cut significantly.

As for Gonzalez herself, well, her Twitter feed goes from asking questions to cursing at people for being upset over what she’s done.

In one post, the heartless bitch replied to someone's concerns about the law by stating — falsely — that no freelancers have ever claimed to be satisfied with things as they are.

“These were never good jobs," she said. "No one has ever suggested that, even freelancers. We will continue to work on this next year.”​

One person responded to another of her posts about AB5 saying, “Don’t worry, people won’t be able to do 2-3 side hustles anymore. Thanks to you and #AB5."

She tweeted back, “They shouldn’t f—ing have to. And until you or anyone else that wants to bitch about AB5 puts out cognizant policy proposals to curb this chaos, you can keep your criticism anonymous. Good God."

This is what she’s saying to people who are losing their livelihoods. Seriously, in what way is this professional behavior from a government official and public servant?

A wave of massive cuts across the already ailing media industry attests to the gravity of this situation.

I guess these Lefties better learn to code!

THE EFFECTS OF CALIFORNIA’S WAR ON UBER SEEM LIKELY TO DESTROY SOME OF AMERICA’S MOST VIBRANT ON-LINE COMMUNITIES:

A message from the SB Nation MLB communities.

AB 5 limits the use of classifying workers as “independent contractors” rather than full-fledged employees.

What has evolved into the SB Nation collection of communities started more than 15 years ago, fittingly with one California-based site. Today, there exists a platform for every Major League Baseball team’s fanbase, led by a passionate staff of writers and editors who are deeply embedded within their fanbases. They write articles that encompass every aspect of being a fan of that team: game recaps, latest news, trade rumors, team history, minor-league reports, draft coverage, and more, all with comment sections moderated by the editorial team that gives every fan an opportunity to contribute to the discussion. The significance of these spaces for fans cannot be understated.

On Monday, December 16, most of us learned through Twitter or a post on the main SB Nation site that a significant number of our friends and colleagues were losing their jobs.

The hundreds of contractors this law impacts have been given three choices: fight for a small number of full-time positions, write for free, or quit writing for SB Nation altogether.

Many sites across the network have contributors and editorial staff based in California. These writers face the same set of choices outlined above. Community Insider positions are unpaid and on a volunteer basis, limiting Community Insiders to those who are willing or able to write for free, a decision that negatively impacts the diversity of our communities.

Therefore, we call on SB Nation to investigate a means to keep these individuals in the fold. Some of these authors provide content at a rate of more than one post per day, in addition to social media, editing, and other duties. They represent the pillars of our communities.

MAYBE SACRAMENTO SHOULD PASS A LAW AGAINST UNINTENDED CONSEQUENCES:

KIRA-AB5-600x227.png

Or maybe in this case the consequences were fully intended.

Forum List

Back