Liberals want the Rich to pay more taxes.. Or are they just Clueless?

The only way that taxes will ever be fair is if there is a flat tax.

That being said, someone who pays (these are arbitrary figures and this formula is simplified, the point is obvious though) 10% tax on their $1,000,000 income effectively pay $100,000 in taxes while someone paying 20% on their $25,000 would pay $5,000. So please tell me how one person paying $95,000 per year more than another is in any way fair...

You do understand that different types of income are taxed differently, right?

Most of Mitt's money comes from capital gains, which is taxed at a lower rate than regular income from a job.

But if you asked me, I think everyone should pay the same flat tax rate. No loopholes. H.R. 25 to be exact.

Of course I understand how they pay a lower rate! That's the point the wealthy get to call their income something that is then taxed at a lower rate! Clearly unfair, letting them pay less than their fair share!
the main reason people open a business is to make money !! lower the rates and more businesses will stay in the US !!

If they don't want to participate in the biggest economy in the world they can leave, but those who take out massive amounts of money from the economy in the way of profits shows put back massive amounts of tax. You dunces who want to "help" the rich avoid their fair share should go stand in the corner.

If you think it fair for Mitt Romney to pay a lower tax rate than a plumber, or a bus driver or even his own secretary then you have a different idea of fair than most, in fact, the vast majority of Americans.

Most of Mitt's money comes from capital gains, which is taxed at a lower rate than regular income from a job.

But if you asked me, I think everyone should pay the same flat tax rate. No loopholes. H.R. 25 to be exact.

Willard pays a tax rate lower than most middle class people, and refused to release his tax returns like his own father and Obama did, clearly because he had something to hide.

He also hides insane amounts of assets overseas and even laundered money through the mormon church.

Willard is a greedy POS just like that rest of the right wing trash.

If you were just stupid it would be one thing, but you obviously sucked on the dick root too long, it's permanent, hopeless, do not breed, it takes centuries to clean up the crap you create...

Of course I understand how they pay a lower rate! That's the point the wealthy get to call their income something that is then taxed at a lower rate! Clearly unfair, letting them pay less than their fair share!
the main reason people open a business is to make money !! lower the rates and more businesses will stay in the US !!

If they don't want to participate in the biggest economy in the world they can leave, but those who take out massive amounts of money from the economy in the way of profits shows put back massive amounts of tax. You dunces who want to "help" the rich avoid their fair share should go stand in the corner.

Look at you asking the rich people to leave..

Did you know that the top 20% of wealthiest Americans account for 70% of all federal taxes? Who will pay for that once they're gone, you?

Last edited:
A flat rate for all penalizes those with the least income. Progressive income tax is the only thing that is fair.

How so? Are you trying to tell me that someone who has successfully enrichened themselves is somehow responsible to pay the way for people who, for whatever reason, are unable to do the same? In that scenario it is the wealthy person who is being penalized. Seriously where do you get that logic? Math doesn't work the same in your world or what?

Did you know that the top 20% of wealthiest Americans account for paying 70% of all federal taxes? Who will pay for that once they're gone, you?

Look at you twisting my words, I've asked no one to leave, just to pay their fair share. Do you know that everyone pays a tax on their income even if they don't pay income tax?

Did you know that the top 20% of wealthiest Americans account for paying 70% of all federal taxes? Who will pay for that once they're gone, you?

Look at you twisting my words, I've asked no one to leave, just to pay their fair share. Do you know that everyone pays a tax on their income even if they don't pay income tax?

Okay. So you think 20% of the population should pay 80% of all federal taxes? 90%? How about 100%? Mind you, they're already paying 70%.

And yes. Although it's not called income tax. They're different taxes. Sales tax, ect..

Good of you to be worried about the rich because without you they would only have their lawyers and lobbyists looking out for them!

Everyone interviewed here agreed wholeheartedly that the rich should pay a bit more in taxes. Their "fair share." But none of them actually knew what the "fair share" actually was, what the current tax rates were, or what the proposed tax rates for the rich were going to be.

Many of them guesstimated a much lower percentage than the CURRENT top marginal tax rates.

So next time a liberal tells you "America has spoken" and wants the rich to pay their share, remember they are a bit misinformed and don't really know what they're talking about.

Supporters of Tax Increase on Rich Don't Know What Rich Are Currently Paying - YouTube

I'd be in favor of removing government totally from labor/owner negotiations..

How about you?

Okay. So you think 20% of the population should pay 80% of all federal taxes? 90%? How about 100%? Mind you, they're already paying 70%.

And yes. Although it's not called income tax. They're different taxes. Sales tax, ect..

And here's the thing.

Under 1000 people in this country are receiving 40 or maybe more % of the wealth.

Leaving 60% for some 200 Million people.

That seem fair?

Good of you to be worried about the rich because without you they would only have their lawyers and lobbyists looking out for them!

Very clever way to maneuver around my question. :tongue:

Everyone interviewed here agreed wholeheartedly that the rich should pay a bit more in taxes. Their "fair share." But none of them actually knew what the "fair share" actually was, what the current tax rates were, or what the proposed tax rates for the rich were going to be.

Many of them guesstimated a much lower percentage than the CURRENT top marginal tax rates.

So next time a liberal tells you "America has spoken" and wants the rich to pay their share, remember they are a bit misinformed and don't really know what they're talking about.

Supporters of Tax Increase on Rich Don't Know What Rich Are Currently Paying - YouTube

How about you?

Absolutely.

And here's the thing.

Under 1000 people in this country are receiving 40 or maybe more % of the wealth.

That seem fair?

The only problem with that deduction is that you're comparing our nation's wealth to a pie where the rich are controlling most of the slices.

Wealth is not finite. And the richest 1% are certainly not rich at the expense of the poor.

And here's the thing.

That seem fair?

The only problem with that deduction is that you're comparing our nation's wealth to a pie where the rich are controlling most of the slices.

Wealth is not finite. And the richest 1% are certainly not rich at the expense of the poor.

Wealth may not be finite..but profit is.

And math shows that the wealthy are taking most of the profit.

By the way..I am in favor of having government OUT of the way that the profit gets divided.

Are you?

:eusa_whistle:

I pay my taxes up front.

Working a 26 hour week for me resulted at $217
$25+ in taxes was deducted from my check, leaving me at $190.05

If you want, I can provide proof.

If you think it fair for Mitt Romney to pay a lower tax rate than a plumber, or a bus driver or even his own secretary then you have a different idea of fair than most, in fact, the vast majority of Americans.

Willard pays a tax rate lower than most middle class people, and refused to release his tax returns like his own father and Obama did, clearly because he had something to hide.

He also hides insane amounts of assets overseas and even laundered money through the mormon church.

Willard is a greedy POS just like that rest of the right wing trash.
Apparently Willard's less fortunate supporters are willing to pay higher taxes than he pays and even defend him.

Very clever way to maneuver around my question. :tongue:

How about you?

Absolutely.

Cool.

So you would never support something like what Reagan did with the Air Traffic controllers, right?

Or Matewan..

And here's the thing.

That seem fair?

Wealth may not be finite..but profit is.

And math shows that the wealthy are taking most of the profit.

By the way..I am in favor of having government OUT of the way that the profit gets divided.

Are you?

:eusa_whistle:

I'd assume that wealthy people would see more profits than poorer people. But what exactly does that tell us?

Most people "profit" by selling their labor. They do this by working hours in exchange for a salary.

Wealthier people choose to "profit" differently. May it be from selling their services, products, or assets they have acquired. It's much more likely that the wealthier person will see bigger profits. I honestly don't see a problem with that, as everyone has the same opportunity to work towards whichever goal they may have. Granted, those that start out wealthy have a bigger advantage.

And can you be a little specific about your last point? I'm inclined to say yes, but I'm not exactly sure what you're referring to.

Forum List

Back