Libs looking to lower voting age for local elections

Takoma Park considers allowing teens to vote - WTOP.com

Apparently getting 92% of the vote isn't enough for them.

Maybe in the future libs can just dispense with elections?

I'm sure that thought has crossed their mind and if they can find a way, they'll make it happen.

They are thinking that many 16 year olds quit school because of pregnancy or laziness and the left knows that potential permanent welfare recipients make good liberal voters.

If Republicans have better ideas and candidates, they'll get those votes.

OH WAIT........now I see the problem.

If Republicans have better ideas and candidates, they'll get those votes.

OH WAIT........now I see the problem.

Yeah, I'm sure that's why detroit keeps on elected incompetents and criminals, or why marion barry stays in power. Because republicans don't have better ideas or candidates.

for sure I want teens voting on what's important to us and what's good for the country

that's why the Democrats have been going after the youth vote..look what it got us with the election of Obama

Republicans think teens are responsible enough to carry a gun and use it....but not to vote. Got it.

And yes, those idiots running cities like Detroit, Newark, Chicago, etc, etc, are awful and have done a shitty job.

And in a free and open election, the Republicans couldn't even beat someone THAT BAD????

Republicans think teens are responsible enough to carry a gun and use it....but not to vote. Got it.

And yes, those idiots running cities like Detroit, Newark, Chicago, etc, etc, are awful and have done a shitty job.

And in a free and open election, the Republicans couldn't even beat someone THAT BAD????

Do you wonder why Michael Bloomberg switched to the republican party so he could run for NYC mayor? Had he ran as a democrat, he wouldn't have even won the primary.

ummm..no, the STATES gives the right for teens to carry guns..
as for the rest:cuckoo:

Taxpayer funds go for public schools because poverty stricken neighborhoods, mostly black, wouldnt be able to afford private school.

Fucking racists.

Obviously you failed to read – or comprehend – your own cited article:

Grimes believes the council will get behind the proposal and he hopes it will be in place by the fall, when the next Takoma Park city election will take place. He says boosting voter turnout will not give any candidate an advantage in the already-progressive city.

Consequently the measure has nothing to do with realizing some sort of ‘electoral advantage.’

Your thread also fails as a hasty generalization fallacy, as one small community is in no way representative of all ‘libbs.’

You succeed in only exhibiting your ignorance.

Yeah, bad idea. Teenagers are easily influenced. It sounds like a nice idea having youth be a voice in politics, but most of them aren't intellectually sound or capable of deciding who's best for the country. So I'd say no, if we had a great education system where teens are proven mentally competent and question themselves, yes. Nowadays, no.

Do you wonder why Michael Bloomberg switched to the republican party so he could run for NYC mayor? Had he ran as a democrat, he wouldn't have even won the primary.

So, Republicans are stupid enough to think that when a liberal takes his "D" off and puts an "R" on that all of a sudden he's awesome? I know you Republicans are stupid, but THAT stupid? REALLY? And you wonder why you all lost the election. If an idiot like Bloomberg just has to swap parties and he can dupe you into voting for him, do you really wonder why a politically saavy guy like Obama (like him or not, his political team is genius) beat you guys when all odds seemed against him?

Obviously you failed to read – or comprehend – your own cited article:

Grimes believes the council will get behind the proposal and he hopes it will be in place by the fall, when the next Takoma Park city election will take place. He says boosting voter turnout will not give any candidate an advantage in the already-progressive city.

Consequently the measure has nothing to do with realizing some sort of ‘electoral advantage.’

Your thread also fails as a hasty generalization fallacy, as one small community is in no way representative of all ‘libbs.’

You succeed in only exhibiting your ignorance.

Apparently you neglected to read where I wrote "Apparently getting 92% of the vote isn't enough for them." which to even a person of moderate intelligence would imply that it's not about electoral advantage as 92% is already a huge majority. But then again, liberal heroes like Saddam Hussein would win 99% of the "vote". Libs still have a long way to go to get those numbers.

So, Republicans are stupid enough to think that when a liberal takes his "D" off and puts an "R" on that all of a sudden he's awesome? I know you Republicans are stupid, but THAT stupid? REALLY? And you wonder why you all lost the election. If an idiot like Bloomberg just has to swap parties and he can dupe you into voting for him, do you really wonder why a politically saavy guy like Obama (like him or not, his political team is genius) beat you guys when all odds seemed against him?

You have to be a Sharpton type to win the democrat primary in NYC.

Did you pay attention to the Chicago mayor election where Rahm ran? In the debates, he HAD to, absolutely HAD to say he supported reparations, for if he didn't, he would have lost. This happened in a televized debate.

Forum List

Back