Life of Brian - Did you see it ?

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
A few of us talking about this in the pub.
It was banned in many places in the UK. Places where church or chapel held sway.
It wasnt a great film. More a collection of great set pieces.

We could all sit there quoting dialogue but none of us could remember how it ended.

We were all in school and 6 of us went to watch it We felt like we were anarchists.
My Grandparents didnt approve. My parents didnt care.

It was banned in many places in the UK. Places where church or chapel held sway.

We could all sit there quoting dialogue but none of us could remember how it ended.

We were all in school and 6 of us went to watch it We felt like we were anarchists.
/----/ It had its moments, but not the best work of Monty Python.

I saw it, saw most everything by MP...didn't it end with him exploding in a restaurant after eating an after dinner mint because he was so full?

nothing beat "the holy grail" though, even my mother and grandmother loved it...as for the TV stuff I wasn't a big fan of "the flying circus" but enjoyed what I think was called "flowers towers"...I have friend who has an original copy of "the holy grail" script complete with notes in the margin.

Last edited:
I saw it, saw most everything by MP...didn't it end with him exploding in a restaurant after eating an after dinner mint because he was so full?

That was the "Meaning of Life".

This movie ended with the song "Look on the Bright Side of Life".

nothing beat "the holy grail" though, even my mother and grandmother loved it...as for the TV stuff I wasn't a big fan of "the flying circus" but enjoyed what I think was called "flowers towers"...I hace friend who has an original copy of "the holy grail" script complete with notes in the margin.

Fawlty Towers.

We sang look on the bright side of life in Belgium whan Wales were gettng stuffed by belgium,
We got back in the game but carried on singing it.
Its really a song you sing when the game is lost but it brought us together.

Forum List

Back