Like it hot? A spicy diet might mean longer life

what are you calling "western"??? is ERITREA "eastern"
on your map? do they drink coffee?-----oh---I found it----they use TEFF and make injera -----sorry-----Indians (I mean the ones from India-----don't) -----the food seems kinda
like Ethiopian
Western was used as an adjective to describe a certain civilization.

Oh I see you found out about injera. Inidans make a similar bread called naan.

Injera's nothing like naan.

I love Ethiopian food. I miss that about living in the North.
Yeah it is. Both are flatbreads. Both are used for sopping up.

Naan is drier, and way thicker. Injera's made to tear easily, thinner and more flexible.. And it's full of air holes.

Depends. Some naan is very moist and similar to injera. The only real difference I have found is the air holes and the taste.

Naan is nothing like Injeera-----Injeera is made with a different grain TEFF----and it is a bit sour and utterly flat ----Naan is a YEAST BREAD -----made from wheat flour,, ie LEAVENED---------VERY VERY DIFFERENT KIND OF BREAD. ROFLMAO "only" difference is "taste" and "air holes" -----<<<<now that is funny

overlooked by whom? Ethiopians do not cook like persons
from India------the north west of Africa is chock full of migrants
from India. Language is a far better marker. Capsicum
is south American-----it was not introduced to India and Africa
by MIGRANTS FROM SOUTH AMERICA. My city got it from TACO BELL
I have friends that are Eritrean. I eat over their house all the time and the food is very similar to Indian food. They use the same preparation methods and spices.

Yeah? so? east Africa is chock full of migrants from
south east asia------AND has been in trade contact with
THE EAST, including India ------for MILLENNIA. EITREA is a short swim from Yemen. Capsicum is from south America.
Lots of Yemenis and Indians think they invented it.
Yemenis cannot eat without it------but muhummad (a short walk to Yemen) never tasted it. He did (most likely) taste
black pepper and cumin and coriander------like everyone
else in the middle east ----for MILLENNIA -----they all use tomatoes-------and seem to imagine they invented them------
even Julius ceasar never tasted a tomato. The food all over
Africa seems to NEED some tomato paste-------it's new
to Africa but EVERYONE needs it. For better results in your
anthropology----trace the BREAD. Somehow Cardamom
made it to DENMARK (from india) (cuisine moves around the world faster than a joke)
Eritreans are not migrants to East Africa. They've always been there. Thats were humanity started. Yes they have had contact with Indian for time longer than Western civilization even knows or acknowledges. I dont get what the rest of your post has to do with my post?

Eritreans have "always" been there? how long is
"always"????-----------when did they invent capsicum?
I am too lazy to seek the answer------what "grain" do they '
use in their cuisine. Tracing grass grains is another good
anthropological indicator. Can you tell me something
about ERITREAN CUISINE? do they use "TEFF"??
Mostly I am interested in their bread
What part of "where humanity started" confused you?

Who told you or said anything about anyone inventing a spice?

Yes they use teff flour in injera which is a very popular dish in Ethiopia and Eritrea.

BTW Yemen has a large Black population. They just dont show them on TV much.

right ----Yemen has a large black population which is considered to be the SLAVES. I am fully aware of the
fact that Yemen has replaced the non muslim oppressed
underclass with "blacks" who are forced to scrap the cess pits. What is your point?

Western was used as an adjective to describe a certain civilization.

Oh I see you found out about injera. Inidans make a similar bread called naan.

Naan is drier, and way thicker. Injera's made to tear easily, thinner and more flexible.. And it's full of air holes.

Depends. Some naan is very moist and similar to injera. The only real difference I have found is the air holes and the taste.

Naan is nothing like Injeera-----Injeera is made with a different grain TEFF----and it is a bit sour and utterly flat ----Naan is a YEAST BREAD -----made from wheat flour,, ie LEAVENED---------VERY VERY DIFFERENT KIND OF BREAD. ROFLMAO "only" difference is "taste" and "air holes" -----<<<<now that is funny
Sour would be taste and yes wheat flour tastes different from teff flour. Both are flatbreads.

I have friends that are Eritrean. I eat over their house all the time and the food is very similar to Indian food. They use the same preparation methods and spices.

THE EAST, including India ------for MILLENNIA. EITREA is a short swim from Yemen. Capsicum is from south America.
Yemenis cannot eat without it------but muhummad (a short walk to Yemen) never tasted it. He did (most likely) taste
else in the middle east ----for MILLENNIA -----they all use tomatoes-------and seem to imagine they invented them------
made it to DENMARK (from india) (cuisine moves around the world faster than a joke)
Eritreans are not migrants to East Africa. They've always been there. Thats were humanity started. Yes they have had contact with Indian for time longer than Western civilization even knows or acknowledges. I dont get what the rest of your post has to do with my post?

Yes they use teff flour in injera which is a very popular dish in Ethiopia and Eritrea.

right ----Yemen has a large black population which is considered to be the SLAVES. I am fully aware of the
underclass with "blacks" who are forced to scrap the cess pits. What is your point?

My point was that you used Yemen in an earlier post as if it was vastly different from Eritrea.

My point was that you used Yemen in an earlier post as if it was vastly different from Eritrea.

there is no possibility that Yemen would be "vastly" different from Eritrea since they are so linked geographically-----just as ethiopia is linked to Yemen and Alaska is linked to Asia. I see no point at all in your discussion of this issue. ------your concept of "this is the site of the origin of mankind and these are the "ORIGINAL PEOPLE ON EARTH" " seems to
be a conceit of which you are desperate to CONVINCE yourself.

So sad that two posters should hijack a fun thread so they could do their childish nya-nya game.

Sour would be taste and yes wheat flour tastes different from teff flour. Both are flatbreads.

so? "both are flat breads"-------flat breads developed just about all over the world --------ground grain, mixed with water ---cooked on a hot rock

there is no possibility that Yemen would be "vastly" different from Eritrea since they are so linked geographically-----just as ethiopia is linked to Yemen and Alaska is linked to Asia. I see no point at all in your discussion of this issue. ------your concept of "this is the site of the origin of mankind and these are the "ORIGINAL PEOPLE ON EARTH" " seems to
Actually its scientific fact. Wake me when the remains of older homo sapiens are found in another area of the world. Sorry chickie.

Oldest Human Fossil Found, Redrawing Family Tree

so? "both are flat breads"-------flat breads developed just about all over the world --------ground grain, mixed with water ---cooked on a hot rock
What does that have to do with my statement that injera is similar to naan? Are you arguing for no reason or because you are not getting enough attention?

Actually its scientific fact. Wake me when the remains of older homo sapiens are found in another area of the world. Sorry chickie.

you are obsessed with meaningless nonsense. In scientific
inquiry------"WHO DID IT FIRST" is an obsession with lots of
morons-----both retrospectively and in current competition for
THE PRIZE. Way back when I was young-----(ie a child)---the big jokes were RUSSIAN CLAIMS of "we did it first" Later on I encountered muslims who told me about the INNOVATIVE GENIUS OF MUHUMMAD. In fact in the first version of the koran I read-----the translator PICKTHAL made so many claims for muhummad being THE FIRST----that
I thought "this muhummad guy must have lived 7000 years ago" --------the encyclopedia Britannica set me straight on that issue. Later on-----even in reading the medical literature----
all sorts of claims of "WE WERE FIRST" appeared in the classic literature------again lots of RUSSIAN CLAIMS------but
"islam" invented embryology is my all time fave example of idiocy. ---the fact that the oldest identifiable homosapien was FOUND-----in a specific place is actually meaningless----
I am still looking for that OTHER SOCK. Evolution is a continuum and any given species that can move-------ends up screwing his co-species all over the planet.. (socks cannot procreate) For the record------Jews did not invent hot dogs------but Hebrew National is STILL THE BEST

THE PRIZE. Way back when I was young-----(ie a child)---the big jokes were RUSSIAN CLAIMS of "we did it first" Later on I encountered muslims who told me about the INNOVATIVE GENIUS OF MUHUMMAD. In fact in the first version of the koran I read-----the translator PICKTHAL made so many claims for muhummad being THE FIRST----that
I thought "this muhummad guy must have lived 7000 years ago" --------the encyclopedia Britannica set me straight on that issue. Later on-----even in reading the medical literature----
all sorts of claims of "WE WERE FIRST" appeared in the classic literature------again lots of RUSSIAN CLAIMS------but
"islam" invented embryology is my all time fave example of idiocy. ---the fact that the oldest identifiable homosapien was FOUND-----in a specific place is actually meaningless----
I am still looking for that OTHER SOCK. Evolution is a continuum and any given species that can move-------ends up screwing his co-species all over the planet.. (socks cannot procreate) For the record------Jews did not invent hot dogs------but Hebrew National is STILL THE BEST
I said nothing about who did it first. You brought that up and I corrected you. I think you are drunk.

What does that have to do with my statement that injera is similar to naan? Are you arguing for no reason or because you are not getting enough attention?

nope----my sense is that you theorize that the SIMILARITY somehow PROVES that EITREANS populated India ----
bringing their techniques of cuisine with them. It is a silly idea that you did ---at least --IMPLY.

I said nothing about who did it first. You brought that up and I corrected you. I think you are drunk.

you have been making an issue of FIRST -----for as long as I have had the "honor" of reading your posts I discussed the issue of "first"--------I have not begun to drink yet today

you have been making an issue of FIRST -----for as long as I have had the "honor" of reading your posts I discussed the issue of "first"--------I have not begun to drink yet today
Dont bring your butthurt over my posts on other threads to this thread and start a retarded argument. We were talking about food and the connections that could be traced to other cultures.

Dont bring your butthurt over my posts on other threads to this thread and start a retarded argument. We were talking about food and the connections that could be traced to other cultures.

yes----"connections"------is your trouble. The fact that a food
LOOKS LIKE does not come close to proving or even SUGGESTING an historic "connection" HOMOS---of the sapien variety--------all have LIKE BRAINS (a scientific fact, chickie) All seek food and shove it in its respective rostral
OS. --------even infants------in fact-----even protozoans. Interestingly----just about all peoples did ------"grab that which grows"-----------and came upon grain grasses as easy grab and go----------THUS highly DISCONNECTED groups of homos----
did end up making some kind of "bread"------independently of each other. Fermentation crept into the recipes of highly disconnected cuisines -------independently---too---- by virtue of
"evolutionary" pressures. The mayans were the first known to do popcorn

The people of the Bonda tribe in India obviously have some African connection. They are indigenous to India

Inde_bondo_8593a.jpg

The people of the Bonda tribe in India obviously have some African connection. They are indigenous to India

Inde_bondo_8593a.jpg

It's not entirely OBVIOUS to me--------but the fact is that ALL HOMOSAPIENS ------are connected to EACH OTHER.
The people of India are of VERY VERY diverse genetic background because of active trade going on thru that country for MANY THOUSANDS OF YEARS--------when possible----beings of the same species-----do ----screw

Inde_bondo_8593a.jpg

It's not entirely OBVIOUS to me--------but the fact is that ALL HOMOSAPIENS ------are connected to EACH OTHER.
The people of India are of VERY VERY diverse genetic background because of active trade going on thru that country for MANY THOUSANDS OF YEARS--------when possible----beings of the same species-----do ----screw
No the people of India are not diverse genetically. You dont know what you are talking about. Even the Andaman Islanders share the same DNA as the East Indians and they definitely look African.

tribe-kids_2501652b.jpg

Forum List

Back