LilOlLady's Everlasting Gobstopper Illegal Immigration Thread

Did you know that in Latino neighborhoods, the majority of taxes that pay for their children schooling comes from outside the neighborhoods they live in. So innocent taxpayers are paying for children that may not even belong in the US. That is why the economy is tanking.

Can we ratchet down the hysteria? Illegal aliens did not cause the Great Recession....I think you can blame Wall Street for that.

Or would you like to tag them for global warming too?

They are causing more damage to the US than many people will admit. You can't keep letting these people take over neighborhoods without some sort of backlash. They are getting taxpayer money that is reserved to help Latinos Only. Isn't that some sort of racism against all other Americans?

I don't disagree illegal immigrants are terrible for the US and should be deported. I'm fairly rigid about this.

I just don't want to blame these people for trying to escape misery -- that seems natural to me.

You call them anchor babies but what they are are Americans.

Choke on it.
They prefer to be call Mexican American, the word Mexican is always in front of the word American.

and so does every other nationality....one of the biggest politically correct pieces of nonsense ever.....you never heard that kind of shit before the nineties....you were either an AMERICAN or you were not.....

The only two groups that insist on being called other then Americans, are blacks and Mexicans.

Calling them just Americans could provoke a fight.

Last edited:
You call them anchor babies but what they are are Americans.

Choke on it.

Anchor baby, Jack pot baby, what ever.:tongue:
They are only American by default. Actually they are really "anchor babies." and always be anchor babies

Anchor baby
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaJump to: navigation, search
"Anchor baby" is a term used in the United States to describe a child born in the U.S. to illegal aliens. It is generally used as a derogatory reference to the role of the child, who as a U.S. citizen through the legal principle of jus soli, may facilitate immigration for relatives through family reunification.[1][2][3][4][5] Family reunification, or family-based immigration, in the USA is a lengthy process and limited to categories prescribed by provisions of the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965.[1]

The term "anchor baby" is a misnomer — it implies that by having a baby in the US, temporary or illegal immigrants can "anchor" themselves in the US. In fact, a US citizen child cannot file for a US visa for that citizen's parents until 21 years of age, and upon reaching that age, the citizen applicant must also be earning at least 125% of the US poverty threshold to be able to apply.[6] Thus, temporary or illegal immigrants who have babies in the US have no means of remaining legally in the US; they must return home and wait at least until the child reaches age 21. Illegal immigrants usually cannot immigrate even after the child turns 21 since they usually face a multi-year or lifetime ban from immigration to the USA, regardless of sponsorship.[7]

Anchor baby - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tell their parents they are not ANCHORS.:lol:

[A good percentage do. I looked it up a couple of years ago, honestly not sure what the percentage is now.

Did you know that in Latino neighborhoods, the majority of taxes that pay for their children schooling comes from outside the neighborhoods they live in. So innocent taxpayers are paying for children that may not even belong in the US. That is why the economy is tanking.
And usually drop out of school when they legally can. waste of tax payer's money.

Many illegals are taxpayers. You simply don't know what you are talking about here.

Anyone is allowed to purchase anything they want in this country, as its a free country. Sales taxes don't count.

IF they are paying state and federal taxes they they are guilty of several other crimes other then being in this country illegally. They are stealing someones identity and illegal using their SS number.

Sorry Sirene, wrong again. they do have tax id numbers, perfectly legit. Been paying taxes for years in anticipation of amnesty. They work, they pay taxes, buy houses, etc..

You guys just assume they are stealing, dealing drugs, living on welfare. Some do that but so do some Americans.

We don't mind americans on welfare, etc. they are our own. Illegal are not they belong to Mexico.

Hit "edit" -- a window pops up and there's an option for deleting a post.

BTW, this surprises me greatly. Don't you need ID to apply for TANF?

They have IDs. And they are not applying for themselves, and they only need to prove there childeren are anchor babies. They are in the welfare offices, filling out application with the help of translaters. Welfare office is not allow to ask of their status in the country and illegal does not matter to the welfare office. The children are legal citizens and eligible for welfare.

So the family is awarded aid, but only enough for one child?

What an insane system. God help us if these parents discover SSI.

Aid to Families with Dependent Children (AFDC) was a federal assistance program in effect from 1935 to 1996, which was administered by the United States Department of Health and Human Services. This program provided financial assistance to children whose families had low or no income.[1]

This program grew from a minor part of the social security system to a significant system of welfare administered by the states with federal funding. However, it was criticized for offering incentives for women to have children, and for providing disincentives for women to join the workforce. In 1996, AFDC was replaced by the more restrictive TANF program.

TANF was created by the Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Act instituted under President Bill Clinton in 1996. The Act provides temporary financial assistance while aiming to get people off of that assistance, primarily through employment. There is a maximum of 60 months of benefits within one's lifetime, but some states have instituted shorter periods.[4] In enforcing the 60-month time limit, some states place limits on the adult portion of the assistance only, while still aiding the otherwise eligible children in the household. While on aid, there is a component requiring non-exempt clients to attempt to find employment. Unmarried minor parents have to live with a responsible adult or guardian. Paternity of children must be established in order to receive benefits. These requirements have led to massive drops in the number of people receiving cash benefits since 1996,[5] but there has been little change in the national poverty rate during this time.

Harry Reid: Illegal Aliens Don't Work on Construction Jobs in Nevada http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzFfK5B6kLg

Dems give scarce Nevada jobs to Illegal Immigrants http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLvRoEkyS9c

Harry Reid has dementia.

That's true only if the economy there is so bad that there is no construction going on.

If there are carpenter/framers, block and brick masons, drywall hangers and finishers, stucco finishers, roofer/shinglers working there, there are Mexicans who speak very little or no Englsh working in those crews, and lots of them, just like here in Indiana.

Anyone is allowed to purchase anything they want in this country, as its a free country. Sales taxes don't count.

IF they are paying state and federal taxes they they are guilty of several other crimes other then being in this country illegally. They are stealing someones identity and illegal using their SS number.

Sorry Sirene, wrong again. they do have tax id numbers, perfectly legit. Been paying taxes for years in anticipation of amnesty. They work, they pay taxes, buy houses, etc..

You guys just assume they are stealing, dealing drugs, living on welfare. Some do that but so do some Americans.

We don't mind americans on welfare, etc. they are our own. Illegal are not they belong to Mexico.

How would an illegal alien get a tax ID number, Sarah? Legally, I mean.

I agree with Madeline: Deportation is only half the solution -- the other half is helping Mexico up off its knees. Mexicans should be safe and able to live decently in Mexico. If they can't, this problem will never get solved. The Mexican parents are fleeing conditions far worse than my folks fled when they left Scotland in the 1920's. At least no one was shooting at them. Demonizing Mexico's poor is not gonna get us anywhere. If we don't aid Mexico to restore law and order and create opportunity for its people, they will never stop trying to enter the US. Our own self-interest dictates we take some effective action. I'm not a history buff, Tank, but I do believe Mexico has enjoyed greater peace and prosperity in the past. Pretending their fate won't affect ours is whistling in the dark, not to mention turning our backs on our neighbor's suffering is inhumane.

In the past four years, more than 30,000 people have been killed in Mexico's battle against powerful drug cartels. The violence and corruption is now appearing in places that would have been unthinkable just a few years ago: places like Santiago, a quaint tourist town just a few hours from the U.S. border.

Last August, Santiago's mayor, Edelmiro Cavazos, was kidnapped and killed. To understand what's happening in Mexico, you need to understand what happened in Santiago. There, and elsewhere around the country, drug cartels armed with guns and cash are forcing a choice on politicians and law enforcement. That choice - as beleaguered Mexicans put it - is between silver or lead: take a bribe or a bullet.

http://www.borderlandbeat.com/

Last edited:
Here's a recent note from one cartel to the people of Nuevo Leon:

TO THE PEOPLE OF NUEVO LEON:

BE ADVISED THAT THE HACKING OF TELEDIARIO'S TWITTER ACCOUNT LAST WEEK WAS JUST THE BEGINNING OF CLEANING THE SCUM THAT ALSO EXISTS IN LOCAL MEDIA.

TO THOSE WHO CLAIM TO BE JOURNALIZTZ, BE VERY CAREFUL, MEDIAS SUPPOSEDLY REPORT THE TRUTH, STOP LIEING AND SELLING YOURSELVES OUT. JOURNALISTS WHO CONTINUE TO TAKE MONEY FROM THE SCUM WILL ALSO FIND THEMSELVES IN SHIT.

WE BEGIN WITH MULTIMEDIOS BECAUSE THEY ARE THE ONES DEEPEST IN SHIT. THEIR DEALINGS WILL BE MADE KNOWN.

YOU (MULTIMEDIOS) CONTINUE LYING TO THE CITIZENS THAT TRUST IN WHAT YOU SAY, NOT KNOWING THAT THEY HAVE BEEN DECEIVED, YOU DO NOT MEET YOUR OBLIGATIONS AND COMMUNICATE ONLY WHAT YOUR TRUE BOSSES TELL YOU TO.

TO ALL OF THE PEOPLE OF NUEVO LEON, DO NOT WORRY, SOON WE WILL INFORM YOU WITH THE RESULTS OF THE CLEANING WE HAVE BEEN DOING.

TAKE CARE AND BE SURE NOT TO SLIP ON THE BLOOD THAT HAS ALREADY BEEN SPILLED FROM THE "POLIZETAS".

CITIZENS OPEN YOUR EYES AND STOP IDOLIZING THOSE WHO HAVE BETRAYED THEIR TRUE RESPONSIBILITY, WHICH IS WITH YOU, STOP ALLOWING YOURSELVES TO BE FOOLED BY THESE PEOPLE WHO ARE ALSO BENEFITING FROM SCUM.

WE WANT TO CLEAN AND WE ARE GOING TO CLEAN UP THE ENTIRE TERRITORY, MEN AND WOMAN ALIKE, BE CAREFUL, BECAUSE YOU WILL NOT BE SAVED.

GET YOURSELVES IN LINE AND STOP BEING TWO FACED BECAUSE YOU ARE ALSO ALCOHOLICS AND DRUG ADDICTS.

PEOPLE OF NUEVO LEON, ALL OF YOU GOOD, HARDWORKING PEOPLE, HELP US. WE WANT TRUE PEACE, WITHOUT ZETAS. WE WILL NOT TOUCH INNOCENTS. UNDERSTAND THAT SOMEONE HAS TO DO SOMETHING FOR YOU TO RECOVER YOUR LAND.

RESPECTFULLY,
THE NEW FEDERATION
"TO LIVE BETTER"

Borderland Beat

There was no "drug war" in Mexico in the 70's and 80's when Mexicans were jumping the fence by the millions forcing Reagan/Congress to approve a blanket legalization for them (hell, there wasn't even Nafta back then).

I commend in the strongest terms Madeline and speeddemon's deep sense of compassion towards poor mexicans. They are giants of moral integrity who are light years ahead of the moral depravation of the typical super patriotic american clown ("I only care for America and the rest of the world can starve to death.")

But at the same time I have to be honest enough with myself and recognise that trying to raise the living standards in Mexico as a way to solve the immigration issue is unrealistic, unfeasible, quixotesque, pie in the sky, starry-eyed idealism, etc, etc...

America won't achieve in Mexico what it is already failing miserably to achieve in Iraq and Afghanistan (turn both nations into first world countries where people would not feel tempted to live in the US).

This proposal is indeed a code word for doing nothing about illegal immigration and as Tank said, allow Mexican poverty to cross the border. It is part of the problem not of the solution

Forum List

Back