LilOlLady's Everlasting Gobstopper Illegal Immigration Thread

U.S. fast food caught in immigration crosshairs
By Lisa Baertlein, Mary Milliken and Ed Stoddard Lisa Baertlein, Mary Milliken And Ed Stoddard – Mon Feb 7, 5:25 pm ET

LOS ANGELES/DALLAS (Reuters) – Chipotle Mexican Grill has a lot going for it -- an upscale burrito concept, a hip and eco-friendly image, expansion plans galore and a 500 percent-plus stock price gain in just over two years.

And then it has something not going its way -- a federal crackdown on its immigrant labor force that has so far forced Chipotle to fire hundreds of allegedly illegal workers in the state of Minnesota, perhaps more than half its staff there.

U.S. fast food caught in immigration crosshairs - Yahoo! News

Original intent of the 14th Amendment

Post-Civil War reforms focused on injustices to African Americans. The 14th Amendment was ratified in 1868 to protect the rights of native-born Black Americans, whose rights were being denied as recently-freed slaves. It was written in a manner so as to prevent state governments from ever denying citizenship to blacks born in the United States. But in 1868, the United States had no formal immigration policy, and the authors therefore saw no need to address immigration explicitly in the amendment.
Supreme Court decisions
The correct interpretation of the 14th Amendment is that an illegal alien mother is subject to the jurisdiction of her native country, as is her baby.

Over a century ago, the Supreme Court appropriately confirmed this restricted interpretation of citizenship in the so-called "Slaughter-House cases" [83 US 36 (1873) and 112 US 94 (1884)]13. In the 1884 Elk v.Wilkins case12, the phrase "subject to its jurisdiction" was interpreted to exclude "children of ministers, consuls, and citizens of foreign states born within the United States." In Elk, the American Indian claimant was considered not an American citizen because the law required him to be "not merely subject in some respect or degree to the jurisdiction of the United States, but completely subject to their political jurisdiction and owing them direct and immediate allegiance."

The Court essentially stated that the status of the parents determines the citizenship of the child. To qualify children for birthright citizenship, based on the 14th Amendment, parents must owe "direct and immediate allegiance" to the U.S. and be "completely subject" to its jurisdiction. In other words, they must be United States citizens.

Congress subsequently passed a special act to grant full citizenship to American Indians, who were not citizens even through they were born within the borders of the United States. The Citizens Act of 1924, codified in 8USCSß1401, provides that:

The following shall be nationals and citizens of the United States at birth:
(a) a person born in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof;
(b) a person born in the United States to a member of an Indian, Eskimo, Aleutian, or other aboriginal tribe.

The 14th Amendment to the United States Constitution - Fourteenth Amendment - anchor babies and birthright citizenship - interpretations and misinterpretations - US Constitution

In your multiple posts are you trying to say that the 14th Amendment only applied to black people?

>>>>

How about pregnant women on visas and green cards? will their children count as Americans or no?

Generally speaking, yes. Almost any child born here is a citizen.

I think LilOlLady has a good idea, but I would have to ask: why not just deport ALL illegal aliens?

Because it doesn't work, Police used to pack up Hispanics and ship them back to Mexico in the 50s and 60s regardless of their status, legal or illegal. They just find their way back.

Deportation could work if we had border security and we helped Mexicans rebuild Mexico, High Gravity.

I think LilOlLady has a good idea, but I would have to ask: why not just deport ALL illegal aliens?

Because it doesn't work, Police used to pack up Hispanics and ship them back to Mexico in the 50s and 60s regardless of their status, legal or illegal. They just find their way back.

Deportation could work if we had border security and we helped Mexicans rebuild Mexico, High Gravity.

How do we help them rebuild Mexico? tossing money at a problem doesn't work, we give billions to Egypt and Pakistan every year and those countries are total shit holes.

A Denver talk show host recently announced confidently that the current policy on anchor babies could never be changed in this country. But then, a few years ago, no one in Ireland thought that the country's constitution could be amended, either
Change U.S. law on anchor babies - Articles - CAIR - Colorado Alliance for Immigration Reform

Countries that Grant Automatic Birthright Citizenship
Argentina, Brazil, Cameroon, Canada, India, Jamaica, Mexico, Pakistan, Spain, United States, and Venezuela.

Countries that do NOT Grant Automatic Birthright Citizenship Algeria, Australia, Belgium, Columbia, Czech Republic, Egypt, France, Germany, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kenya, Korea, Kuwait, New Zealand, Nigeria, Norway, Philippines, Poland, Saudi Arabia, Sweden, Switzerland, Syria, Taiwan, United Kingdom, and Zaire.

WHAT COUNTRIES BAN BIRTHRIGHT CITIZENSHIP? Voice For Voters

LilOlLady, I just dun think the political will is there to pass such an amendment. It's not one even I would support, and I think I am almost as rabid on illegal immigration as you. IMO, there are better places for us to apply our votes and voices.

Senators Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), aptly nicknamed “Grahamnesty” by Michelle Malkin, and Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) confirmed that they are reuniting to push comprehensive amnesty. And they are recruiting some old and new faces to the debate.

Graham says the legislation is “in the infant stage” but the Senators are already seeking out conservatives and liberals to support a new amnesty plan. They hope that past allies, like Senators McCain and Kyl (both R-Ariz.), will desert their new politically expedient enforcement positions in order to add credibility to the legislation.

Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wisc.) fueled speculation saying that Senator McCain “seems to think that there’s a shot at this.” Still, McCain says he will not entertain an amnesty bill before Congress passes the 10-point security plan he introduced with Kyl last year.

Freshman Senator and Tea party favorite Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) is also on their shortlist. Remarkably, Rubio avoided taking a firm position on immigration during the election, but birthright citizenship and amnesty bills in the Senate will soon force the freshman to prove his commitment to American interests.

Amnesty advocates, including the Service Employees International Union, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, and the National Immigration Forum, have been alerted by Schumer’s office to prepare for another amnesty battle in the 112th Congress. Surely they can expect one in the GOP controlled House.

Battle for Amnesty Renewed in the Senate | Facebook

LilOlLady, I just dun think the political will is there to pass such an amendment. It's not one even I would support, and I think I am almost as rabid on illegal immigration as you. IMO, there are better places for us to apply our votes and voices.

While I would support an amendment that clarifies "subject to the jurisdiction" to not award birthright citizenship to those whose mother is here illegally. I admit that would be a long hard road.

On the other hand there are a lot of things that could be done, and should be done to remove the underlying cause of why Illegal's come here in the first place.

1. Deny access to taxpayer funded social services.

2. Deny access to taxpayer funded schools.

3. Deny Illegal Aliens college/university attendance at taxpayer funded schools period and damn sure not at in-state rates.

4. Require that anyone issued a Drivers License show proof of legal status.

5. Require that Drivers License/State Photo ID indicate if someone is a citizen and if not the expiration date of their Legal Alien status.

6. Provide a means for employers to realistically, accurately, and easily check the status of a persons eligibility to work in this country.

7. Provide heavy fines and criminal jail time for employers that hire illegals (See #6).

8. Make every government entity (School, Hospital, Unemployment, Police, Fire, Bus Driver, etc...) that comes in contract with the public in rendering services who must verify citizenship as a part of rendering those services a mandatory reporter if an Illegal Alien tries to access taxpayer services.

9. Even without amending the Constitution, the Congress can enact Naturalization legislation provides that to be eligible for members of a persons family to be eligible for expedited naturalization due to your citizenship they your parents must have been in the country legally at the time of birth. That would remove the whole "Anchor Baby" impact of squirting out a kid, who is now a citizen, and can act as a conduit for relatives to become citizens.​

One of these day people will come to realize that the solution to Illegal Aliens is not building fences along the border. The long term solution is removing the reasons they come here to begin with.

>>>>

Last edited:
In actuallity, Mexico does not want the USA to help rebuild it as they have to admit that it needs it. They hate for the 'evil' USA to butt into their internal affairs but are quite willing to butt into the affairs of the USA! They demand and accept our d.o.l.a.r.s but will not accept much of anything else that the USA has to offer. They mad-mouth this country every chance they get and can't understand how the american people can be against illegal entry since the USA 'stole' the southwest from them. They call americans lazy and racist and harp on what the 'whiteman' did to the native american but do not see their own natives in the streets with their child strapped behind their backs asking for money. Nope, Mexico has a lot of growing up to do and much, much to learn. I would say it is futile to expect any changes anytime soon. They are doomed to living in misery and poverty.

Fuck mexico, and Help the Americans build a BIGGER fence.

DEPORT PREGNANT ILLEGAL ALIENS

Deport pregnant illegal liens would solve the automatic birthright citizenship for children born here to illegal aliens and go a long way in controlling illegal immigration. When they show up for prenatal care, deport them.

There is absolute no way we can control illegal immigration as long as the 14th Amendment applies to children of illegal aliens.

The 14th Amendment does not say “anyone born in the country is “automatically” an American citizen” but we keep hearing this statement from pro-illegal alien advocates. Just because it has been miss applied for decades do not mean it has to continue. “Subject to the Jurisdiction thereof” is in the amendment clause for a reason. Illegal aliens are not descendents of ex-slaves. Matter of fact, there is not longer a need for the 14th Amendment because there are no more ex-slaves.

Anchor babies are anchors for their illegal parents and that makes is virtually impossible to enforce our immigration laws and deport the parents and that is one of the reason there are 20 million illegal aliens in this country. As long as the 14th Amendment applies to children of illegal aliens we will never be able to control illegal immigration and secure our borders.
ICE is not going to rip a mother from it child and deport her. We must force them to self deport with their anchor babies by taking jobs away from them. But that will not work because they will just live off AFDC for their anchor babies until the child is 18 and then in a few years he or she will petition for their parents citizenship.

We cannot have Comprehensive Immigration and border security without first repealing the 14th Amendment which is an american tragedy.

I agree, deport them before they have the anchor baby!

While I would support an amendment that clarifies "subject to the jurisdiction" to not award birthright citizenship to those whose mother is here illegally. I admit that would be a long hard road.

On the other hand there are a lot of things that could be done, and should be done to remove the underlying cause of why Illegal's come here in the first place.

1. Deny access to taxpayer funded social services.

2. Deny access to taxpayer funded schools.

3. Deny Illegal Aliens college/university attendance at taxpayer funded schools period and damn sure not at in-state rates.

4. Require that anyone issued a Drivers License show proof of legal status.

5. Require that Drivers License/State Photo ID indicate if someone is a citizen and if not the expiration date of their Legal Alien status.

6. Provide a means for employers to realistically, accurately, and easily check the status of a persons eligibility to work in this country.

7. Provide heavy fines and criminal jail time for employers that hire illegals (See #6).

8. Make every government entity (School, Hospital, Unemployment, Police, Fire, Bus Driver, etc...) that comes in contract with the public in rendering services who must verify citizenship as a part of rendering those services a mandatory reporter if an Illegal Alien tries to access taxpayer services.

9. Even without amending the Constitution, the Congress can enact Naturalization legislation provides that to be eligible for members of a persons family to be eligible for expedited naturalization due to your citizenship they your parents must have been in the country legally at the time of birth. That would remove the whole "Anchor Baby" impact of squirting out a kid, who is now a citizen, and can act as a conduit for relatives to become citizens.​

One of these day people will come to realize that the solution to Illegal Aliens is not building fences along the border. The long term solution is removing the reasons they come here to begin with.

To this list I would add remove citizen anchor babies from the custody of illegal parents, and let them become a ward of the state while deporting the parents. Not that I'm in favor of pumping more children into the foster system. But anchor babies allow illegals to stick around and to claim welfare benefits on their child's behalf. I'd just as soon spend the money in a way that keeps the immigrants out, and makes exploitation of the anchor baby loophole undesirable, less profitable, and more risky. As far as I'm concerned, anyone who illegally immigrates and then is irresponsible enough to go farther by having a child in a country where they are illegally present is not fit for parenthood.

Original intent of the 14th Amendment

Post-Civil War reforms focused on injustices to African Americans. The 14th Amendment was ratified in 1868 to protect the rights of native-born Black Americans, whose rights were being denied as recently-freed slaves. It was written in a manner so as to prevent state governments from ever denying citizenship to blacks born in the United States. But in 1868, the United States had no formal immigration policy, and the authors therefore saw no need to address immigration explicitly in the amendment.
Supreme Court decisions
The correct interpretation of the 14th Amendment is that an illegal alien mother is subject to the jurisdiction of her native country, as is her baby.

Over a century ago, the Supreme Court appropriately confirmed this restricted interpretation of citizenship in the so-called "Slaughter-House cases" [83 US 36 (1873) and 112 US 94 (1884)]13. In the 1884 Elk v.Wilkins case12, the phrase "subject to its jurisdiction" was interpreted to exclude "children of ministers, consuls, and citizens of foreign states born within the United States." In Elk, the American Indian claimant was considered not an American citizen because the law required him to be "not merely subject in some respect or degree to the jurisdiction of the United States, but completely subject to their political jurisdiction and owing them direct and immediate allegiance."

The Court essentially stated that the status of the parents determines the citizenship of the child. To qualify children for birthright citizenship, based on the 14th Amendment, parents must owe "direct and immediate allegiance" to the U.S. and be "completely subject" to its jurisdiction. In other words, they must be United States citizens.

Congress subsequently passed a special act to grant full citizenship to American Indians, who were not citizens even through they were born within the borders of the United States. The Citizens Act of 1924, codified in 8USCSß1401, provides that:

The following shall be nationals and citizens of the United States at birth:
(a) a person born in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof;
(b) a person born in the United States to a member of an Indian, Eskimo, Aleutian, or other aboriginal tribe.

The 14th Amendment to the United States Constitution - Fourteenth Amendment - anchor babies and birthright citizenship - interpretations and misinterpretations - US Constitution

In your multiple posts are you trying to say that the 14th Amendment only applied to black people?

>>>>

It was written expecially for ex-slaves and applied to ex-slaves and after they were given citizenship all their descendents were born citizens. That is what the automatic birthright citizenship clause meant and now it is of no use. You become a citizen by applying for citizenship and your off springs are citizens. It was never meant to apply to "aliens"

A Denver talk show host recently announced confidently that the current policy on anchor babies could never be changed in this country. But then, a few years ago, no one in Ireland thought that the country's constitution could be amended, either
Change U.S. law on anchor babies - Articles - CAIR - Colorado Alliance for Immigration Reform

Countries that Grant Automatic Birthright Citizenship
Argentina, Brazil, Cameroon, Canada, India, Jamaica, Mexico, Pakistan, Spain, United States, and Venezuela.

Countries that do NOT Grant Automatic Birthright Citizenship Algeria, Australia, Belgium, Columbia, Czech Republic, Egypt, France, Germany, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kenya, Korea, Kuwait, New Zealand, Nigeria, Norway, Philippines, Poland, Saudi Arabia, Sweden, Switzerland, Syria, Taiwan, United Kingdom, and Zaire.

WHAT COUNTRIES BAN BIRTHRIGHT CITIZENSHIP? Voice For Voters

l]

Never say nerver, Madeline. It will become a necessity for the survival for this country but it will be a little too late. More raids on businessses and more deportations and better border security is not enough. It is really too late to correct ABC. It has already cause a domino effect on immigration. Over population will be our demise. This is a really good article on the issue.

Birthright citizenship is one of the media’s powerful tools to advance the Senate immigration bill. The media use young children, even babies, as showpieces, arguing that if the government does not legalize, or grant amnesty to their parents, then these children will be left without mothers and fathers if their parents are deported. It’s one sob story after another.

An example was a May 20, 2007, article in the Washington Post Style section using a color half-page photo that covered the entire upper fold of the front page with the picture of a young girl crying while being held in her mother’s arms. The photo ran with the headline “Poster Child.” It showed a March 7 photo of 2-year-old Tomasa Mendez, “crying in her mother’s arms because her father was suspected of being in the U.S. illegally…” Mendez was born here; her parents were not. Her father was taken into custody by immigration authorities for doing illegal work at a Massachusetts clothing factory that makes backpacks for U.S. military personnel. The implication however was clear–that her father, and perhaps her mother, might be deported, and the poor child would be left behind.

$6 Billion a Year for Mexican “Anchor Babies?”

With 5 million plus anchor babies in this country, it makes it impossible to control immigration. This is one war we have already lost. If we closed the border today and cut off all jobs to illegals today, we are still in big trouble with the effect of 5 million anchor babies on our future.

Illegal Alien Jackpot Anchor
Babies Wreck US - Pt 2

By Frosty Wooldridge
2-23-10

Part 2: Degrading schools and communities and welfare

Every year, 400,000 pregnant women enter the United States legally and illegally to birth their babies on American soil. Their children become instant citizens and their mothers become instant wards of the American taxpayer.

Illegal Alien Jackpot Anchor Babies Wreck US - Pt 2

Massive immigration will destroy America
Insight on the News, Oct 3, 1994 by Lawrence Auster
http://www.usmessageboard.com/immig...rt-pregnant-illegal-aliens-2.html#post3299633

16 years ago we were warned and reality has shown it ugly face and we are still talking and doing nothing. Calif will never recover from the effect of illegal immigration.
We do not have the natural resources to substain the population growth of illegal immigration.

9.13.2007 12:00 AM
Natural Resources Being Depleted At Record Rates
United States Leads World in Over-Consumption: Vital Signs Report

Read more: http://www.thedailygreen.com/environmental-news/latest/6628#ixzz1DPbKbN8Z

Last edited:
Originally posted by Angelhair
hey call americans lazy and racist and harp on what the 'whiteman' did to the native american but do not see their own natives in the streets with their child strapped behind their backs asking for money.

I see a lot of super patriotic american clowns on this Board blaming Mexico's white elites for the poverty of mexican Indians and mestizos.

But interestingly enough I don't see any of these same clowns blaming themselves (White America) for all the violence, poverty and stench of urine of the typical american black ghetto!!!!

SUPER PATRIOTIC AMERICAN CLOWN OF THE USMb...

GO LIVE IN A CIRCUS WHERE YOU BELONG!!!!

José;3299917 said:
Originally posted by Angelhair
hey call americans lazy and racist and harp on what the 'whiteman' did to the native american but do not see their own natives in the streets with their child strapped behind their backs asking for money.

I see a lot of super patriotic american clowns on this Board blaming Mexico's white elites for the poverty of mexican Indians and mestizos.

But interestingly enough I don't see any of these same clowns blaming themselves (White America) for all the violence, poverty and stench of urine of the typical american black ghetto!!!!

Hey Wango Culo? That's because only a historically uneducated moron would not understand that the Spanish Inquisition and the Gachupines did indeed set the stage for the mestizos to fail.

Look, White America is not responsible for Black poverty. How about you take a look at Worldwide Black poverty Amigo? I am sure that's all Whitey's fault too eh? ~BH

Originally posted by BolshevikHunter
Look, White America is not responsible for Black poverty. How about you take a look at Worldwide Black poverty Amigo? I am sure that's all Whitey's fault too eh?
LOL

Wasn't this exactly what I said??

White Mexico is not responsible for the poverty of mexican Indians and Mestizos like so many people here say just like White America can't be blamed for all the violence, poverty, tons of grafitti and the strong stink of urine that emanates from so many black ghettos.

Forum List

Back