Lindsey Graham promises 'full scale' probe into Democrats' handling of Ford-Kavanaugh allegation

QUESTION
I have a question that begs to be answered - ford says in her letter ‘Both loudly stumbled down the stairwell, at which point other persons at the house were talking with them. I exited the bathroom, ran outside of the house and went home.”
This would mean that after just being “sexually assaulted” she left her other female friend at the house without warning her about what had supposedly just happened to her. She would’ve just left her to fend for herself. Is this plausible? What would this say about ford & her care about another female - her intimate friend, Leland Ingham?
SECOND QUESTION
If ford was so scared that she left the house without warning leland about what allegedly just had happened to her- then when they (ford & leland) next met or talked on the phone - which could’ve even been the next day - why was leland not at least then told about this purported foiled savaging of her? For ford not to have talked to leland about such a fearful experience surpasses any level of credibility.
I find it impossible to believe that ford
Yeah, leaving her best friend in a rapey situation sure looks bad, plus, her best friend would not remember the night she just disappeared and walked home at least 5, more like 10 or 12 miles?

Does not pass the smell test

Be careful what you ask for my progressive friends, this thing promises to get uglier before the emotions ratchet down...

Lindsey Graham promises 'full scale' probe into Democrats' handling of Ford-Kavanaugh allegation

Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., vowed Sunday to launch a thorough inquiry into Democrats on the Senate Judiciary Committee to find out whether there was any wrongdoing in how they managed the sexual misconduct allegation Christine Blasey Ford leveled at Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh.

"We're going to do a wholesale, full scale investigation of what I think was a despicable process to deter it from happening again," Graham said during an interview on ABC News' "This Week."

"The FBI will do a supplemental background investigation, then I'm going to call for an investigation of what happened in this committee. Who betrayed Dr. Ford's trust? Who in Feinstein's office recommended Katz as a lawyer? Why did Ms. Ford not know that the committee was willing to go to California?" Graham continued, referring to Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., and Debra Katz, one of Ford's attorneys who has been involved in Democratic politics in the past.

I think Kav coming out with some fire during the Hearing has awoken politicians like Graham. No more pussy footing. Look at Trump who fights and his small circle and it's time to demand accountability. This is your Republic, have your voices heard and fight for it. It's worth it, I promise.

That would be fine with me; I'm dying to know who leaked that letter. I do really wish, though, that the Senate would get off this investigate the investigators kick. It seems they call for investigations at least once a week these days. Can someone please remind them that they are there to create and vote on laws, not go running around like Keystone Cops trying to bust each other?
The Constitution also charges the Senate to confirm or deny appointments to the federal courts, so some sort of investigation is proper.
That is clearly not what I was talking about. And since some sort of investigation is proper, it sure took them long enough to request one that actually matters.

Be careful what you ask for my progressive friends, this thing promises to get uglier before the emotions ratchet down...

Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., vowed Sunday to launch a thorough inquiry into Democrats on the Senate Judiciary Committee to find out whether there was any wrongdoing in how they managed the sexual misconduct allegation Christine Blasey Ford leveled at Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh.

"We're going to do a wholesale, full scale investigation of what I think was a despicable process to deter it from happening again," Graham said during an interview on ABC News' "This Week."

"The FBI will do a supplemental background investigation, then I'm going to call for an investigation of what happened in this committee. Who betrayed Dr. Ford's trust? Who in Feinstein's office recommended Katz as a lawyer? Why did Ms. Ford not know that the committee was willing to go to California?" Graham continued, referring to Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., and Debra Katz, one of Ford's attorneys who has been involved in Democratic politics in the past.

I think Kav coming out with some fire during the Hearing has awoken politicians like Graham. No more pussy footing. Look at Trump who fights and his small circle and it's time to demand accountability. This is your Republic, have your voices heard and fight for it. It's worth it, I promise.
Yeah, look at Trump. That's part of the reason I don't respect how Kavanaugh or Graham acted about this. The "Dems are the evil empire" shit is wrong. They have no more "evidence" of that than anyone has of Ford's allegations.

Great. The more he drags this, the more women voters get energized for the midterms.

If Kav is confirmed, this will all be forgotten.

If he isn't, we'll find out exactly how this scheme took place and if it involved the Red Chinese spy ring on Feinstein's staff.

It will never be forgotten, we have not forgot about Thomas.

The "Dems are the evil empire" shit is wrong. They have no more "evidence" of that than anyone has of Ford's allegations.

Too many coincidences not to think it might not be true.

What are the chances that Kavanaugh even might have known someone much less hosted Rape Train parties with guests like Ford who became extremely well connected democrat political operatives?

I really don't believe that much in "coincidence", everything just came together too neatly for the Red Chinese Spy Ring or their asset Diane Feinstein.

If he isn't, we'll find out exactly how this scheme took place and if it involved the Red Chinese spy ring on Feinstein's staff.

Clarence Thomas and the mythical pubic hair on the Coke can would have been forgotten immediately- if Thomas would have lost and HW had withdrawn his name. Anita Hill's ship came in when Thomas was confirmed

Interesting...

2ppin7k.jpg

Good. I agree....one thing we were missing WAS an investigation into this whole thing.

You mean like the investigation that the GOP was trying to do as soon as they found out about the Ford allegations? The investigation that Democrats wouldn't allow to happen? An investigation that would have kept Ford's name confidential and protected Kavanaugh's reputation? Those Democratic ASSHOLES on that committee deliberately leaked Ford's name to the press as they were stalling the procedure and then started screaming bloody murder about the need for an investigation. It was ALL nothing more than political theatre.

Great. The more he drags this, the more women voters get energized for the midterms.
Yep, and a whole lot of them are outraged and don't want to see this type of nonsense happen to their husbands, sons, fathers or brothers

Leftists have seriously miscalculated on this

I see. So he wants a full scale investigation of Democrats on the committee, who's job it is to vet the nominee

But he wants a very limited investigation of the nominee.

LMFAO. You can't make this shit up.

Neither have we, the FBI cleared him, yet he is still maligned by those false accusations

That would be fine with me; I'm dying to know who leaked that letter. I do really wish, though, that the Senate would get off this investigate the investigators kick. It seems they call for investigations at least once a week these days. Can someone please remind them that they are there to create and vote on laws, not go running around like Keystone Cops trying to bust each other?
Who leaked?

Most likely, someone in her lawyer's office

2nd most likely, a staffer in DiFi's office

Agree that these investigations are getting stupid, nothing ever becomes of them and they look like political posturing
Agree. I suppose it gives the illusion that they are busy while they are actively refusing to do any work.
What is happening with replace Obamacare? With comprehensive immigration reform including a solution to the DACA dilemma? With infrastructure solutions?
There's work to be done, folks. Is it occurring or will they wait until two weeks before the budget runs out -- again -- to begin thinking about it?

Holy crap; I saw that "The more he drags" and briefly thought Lindsey was doing 'drag shows' again. Whee, scared me there.

The Constitution also charges the Senate to confirm or deny appointments to the federal courts, so some sort of investigation is proper.
That is clearly not what I was talking about. And since some sort of investigation is proper, it sure took them long enough to request one that actually matters.
This is a critically important nomination since if Kavanaugh is confirmed it will give conservatives a clear 5 to 4 majority in the SC and possibly place some previous SC decisions precious to Democrats in jeopardy, so one can hardly blame them for wanting to try to delay the confirmation until after the midterm elections in which they hope, foolishly I believe, to win control of the Senate. After the FBI completes this updating of their Kavanaugh investigation next Friday, if it looks like the Republicans have enough votes to confirm, the Democrats will try to dig up another red herring to delay the vote.

To this day, when I think Thomas I picture a guy with a pubic hair in his teeth. Every time.

Forum List

Back