Lions vs Chiefs to start the year

The Lions arent a SB contender. They are better than they have been but that doesn't make them a contender. They haven't made the PO's since 2016 and havent won a PO game since 91. Since 57 they have 3 PO wins total. The Rams might be in a rebuild but that has nothing to do with the trade they made to the Lions and they got a SB out of it. Detroit hasnt even gotten a PO berth.
What was is not what is.
The rebuild is directly associated with the trade since Stafford's salary required cuts and the draft picks now sit with the Lions.
And
If you think the Lions are not SB contenders then you weren't paying attention last night.

The Lions arent a SB contender. They are better than they have been but that doesn't make them a contender. They haven't made the PO's since 2016 and havent won a PO game since 91. Since 57 they have 3 PO wins total. The Rams might be in a rebuild but that has nothing to do with the trade they made to the Lions and they got a SB out of it. Detroit hasnt even gotten a PO berth.

None of that has anything to do with if they are or are not not a superbowl contender. The young guys from last year have matured and are now better than they were last year. Our defense is certainly better. Our offensive line is better. Better receivers. Better running back. Better kickers.

We were really good late last year finishing 8 and 2. Almost made the playoffs. We started out the year horrible. So we were a really good team late last year and we got a shit ton of good draft picks. One reason is the Stafford trade. So we do have a really good team now. None of our past has anything to do with how we do this year.

Here's one man's prediction

If they start this year 6-2 (like in my prediction), I wonder if giving them 12 wins could be selling them short. The Lions will win the NFC North with a record of 11-6, securing a home playoff game for a city that has been waiting on this for some time. I do not believe the NFC North will prove a strong division.

Who are superbowl contenders? Keep in mind this is a brand new year and you haven't seen those teams play yet. Pre season doesn't count. Although I did see a couple teams who looked pretty damn good this pre season. Good defense. What team was that? Broncos, Dolphins, I can't remember but they had some young studs on the field causing havok

Stafford standing next to the Lombardi he won me. The lions haven't even made the PO's since Goff's been on the team.

Probably hurt his neck lifting that SB trophy. Goff doesnt have that problem.

Stafford 1 SB win
Goff 0 SB wins.
I heard Rams have the 2nd worse defense in the league this year. Only the Arizona Cardinal's are worse.

Dude, do you realize I'd kill my own father to have the Lion's win a superbowl? So I'm not going to pretend that the trade didn't work out perfectly for you guys.

Last year, the worse the Rams did the better pick we would get from them this year. So it was good they went 5 and 12

What was is not what is.
The rebuild is directly associated with the trade since Stafford's salary required cuts and the draft picks now sit with the Lions.
And
If you think the Lions are not SB contenders then you weren't paying attention last night.
They won one game. For fucks sake the Chiefs didn't have their #1 WR or their best defensive player, and the Lions won by 1 on a ball that was tipped by the receiver (who should have caught it) and ran it back for a lucky TD. How about they make the PO's or win a game in the post season before we pencil them in for a Lombardi.

None of that has anything to do with if they are or are not not a superbowl contender. The young guys from last year have matured and are now better than they were last year. Our defense is certainly better. Our offensive line is better. Better receivers. Better running back. Better kickers.

We were really good late last year finishing 8 and 2. Almost made the playoffs. We started out the year horrible. So we were a really good team late last year and we got a shit ton of good draft picks. One reason is the Stafford trade. So we do have a really good team now. None of our past has anything to do with how we do this year.

Here's one man's prediction

If they start this year 6-2 (like in my prediction), I wonder if giving them 12 wins could be selling them short. The Lions will win the NFC North with a record of 11-6, securing a home playoff game for a city that has been waiting on this for some time. I do not believe the NFC North will prove a strong division.

Who are superbowl contenders? Keep in mind this is a brand new year and you haven't seen those teams play yet. Pre season doesn't count. Although I did see a couple teams who looked pretty damn good this pre season. Good defense. What team was that? Broncos, Dolphins, I can't remember but they had some young studs on the field causing havok

Has any team that didn't make the PO's the year prior ever won a SB? It's an honest question, I don't think so but don't know that for a fact. If it's happened it has to be exceedingly rare and that team had to make a major upgrade at a key position.

You won one game. Let me know when Detroit plans on the "we beat the chiefs" parade. How about you make the PO's before we talk about you as a SB contender. And your past does mean something. There's a reason certain teams are always good and certain teams are always bad.

SB Contenders

AFC

Chiefs
Bengals
Ravens?
Bills
Jax?

NFC
Eagles
SF
Seattle?

outside of those teams anyone making the SB would be shock winning it would a colossal surprise.

They won one game. For fucks sake the Chiefs didn't have their #1 WR or their best defensive player, and the Lions won by 1 on a ball that was tipped by the receiver (who should have caught it) and ran it back for a lucky TD. How about they make the PO's or win a game in the post season before we pencil them in for a Lombardi.
Exactly but Lions fans have suffered for over six decades of losing, so they think they’re due.

I didn't "pencil" anybody for anything.
I said "contender"

Since the way things were is your thing how's this...
The Lions are and will be for the next 2 days
DEMONSTRABLY the best team in the NFL.

Chew on that pencil.

Has any team that didn't make the PO's the year prior ever won a SB? It's an honest question, I don't think so but don't know that for a fact. If it's happened it has to be exceedingly rare and that team had to make a major upgrade at a key position.

You won one game. Let me know when Detroit plans on the "we beat the chiefs" parade. How about you make the PO's before we talk about you as a SB contender. And your past does mean something. There's a reason certain teams are always good and certain teams are always bad.

SB Contenders

AFC

Chiefs
Bengals
Ravens?
Bills
Jax?

NFC
Eagles
SF
Seattle?

outside of those teams anyone making the SB would be shock winning it would a colossal surprise.
I'll have to go look and see. Here's what I understand. They made some changes a few years ago to the NFL which made it possible for bad teams to get real good real quick. So just because you suck this year doesn't mean you will next year.
I looked it up Tampa did it. Guess who they got in the off season.......
Tom Cheater Brady?

the most obviously rigged superbowl in superbowl history,the one where the coach stopped attacking the offense in the second half as he did in the first half and got into super conservative mode in the second half making it so obvious he was throwing the game along with matt ryan who ran backwards taking sacks for huge losses so the story could be set to be told of brady having his revenge against goddel, you mean THAT superbowl?
And last night was pretty obvious that the Kansas City Chiets are cheaters too. Only they Chiet to lose.

Which means the years the won, the teams they played against threw those game too right?

Maybe it wasn't as obvious as Atlanta but they still cheated. Right?

Sure. So are the Browns, Bills, Vikes, Falcons, Panthers, Cardinals and Chargers.
No team beats the Lions in losing. They won an NFL championship in 1957. Since then, they’ve not come close to a championship. Even with the greatest running back on the team for ten years.

No team beats the Lions in losing. They won an NFL championship in 1957. Since then, they’ve not come close to a championship. Even with the greatest running back on the team for ten years.
Have you heard of the Browns?

I didn't "pencil" anybody for anything.
I said "contender"

Since the way things were is your thing how's this...
The Lions are and will be for the next 2 days
DEMONSTRABLY the best team in the NFL.

Chew on that pencil.
No they aren’t. That’s fucking stupid.

The Lions played well and the Chief's kept shooting themselves in the foot. Very sloppy football.

Chicago Cardinals' 29-Game SkidIn fact, it's the longest losing streak in professional sports to this day. The Cardinals' losing streak began during the 1942 season, and they failed to win a game until 1945.

Philadelphia 76ers’ 28 Straight​

In 2015, the Philadelphia 76ers went through the most challenging time in their history, enduring 28 consecutive losses.

TEAMLOSING STREAK
Detroit Lions19 games (2007-2009)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers26 games (1976-1977)
New Jersey Nets18 games (2009)
Pittsburgh Pirates23 games (1974-1975)
Washington Capitals17 games (1974-1975)
Philadelphia Phillies23 games (1961)

Tampa Bay lost 26 games in a row
Jags 20
Raiders, Cardinals and Lions 19.

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers maintain the lowest regular season win–loss percentage (. 404), holding a 299–442–1 record through 2022.

Are the Detroit Lions the worst team in professional sports? - Quora​

www.quora.com › Are-the-Detroit-Lions-the-worst-team-in-professional-sp...

No, they are perhaps the most consistently mediocre team in the NFL

Then I found this

Between September 8, 1973 and September 8, 2023, the Detroit Lions have the worst record by a team, with a record of 313-468-4.

Chicago Cardinals' 29-Game SkidIn fact, it's the longest losing streak in professional sports to this day. The Cardinals' losing streak began during the 1942 season, and they failed to win a game until 1945.

Philadelphia 76ers’ 28 Straight​

In 2015, the Philadelphia 76ers went through the most challenging time in their history, enduring 28 consecutive losses.

TEAMLOSING STREAK
Detroit Lions19 games (2007-2009)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers26 games (1976-1977)
New Jersey Nets18 games (2009)
Pittsburgh Pirates23 games (1974-1975)
Washington Capitals17 games (1974-1975)
Philadelphia Phillies23 games (1961)

Tampa Bay lost 26 games in a row
Jags 20
Raiders, Cardinals and Lions 19.

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers maintain the lowest regular season win–loss percentage (. 404), holding a 299–442–1 record through 2022.

Are the Detroit Lions the worst team in professional sports? - Quora

www.quora.com › Are-the-Detroit-Lions-the-worst-team-in-professional-sp...
No, they are perhaps the most consistently mediocre team in the NFL

Then I found this

Between September 8, 1973 and September 8, 2023, the Detroit Lions have the worst record by a team, with a record of 313-468-4.
Without question, no NFL team has a greater history of losing than the Ford Family owned Detroit Pussy Cats.

Forum List

Back