Lions vs Chiefs to start the year

The Lions played well and the Chief's kept shooting themselves in the foot. Very sloppy football.
It was a good first game to win. Whoever wins the Superbowl this year. Chances are, they will win a few ugly games this year. Get lucky a couple times too.

How many years have we said "The Lions played well but kept shooting themselves in the foot"? When we do it, it's because we suck. Well, maybe the Chiefs suck this year. Very few teams win back to back.

Mahomes is proving to be a typical mobile QB who uses his feet to pick up first downs. He's going to get hurt playing like that. When he plays like every other QB, well, last night you see how that worked out for him.

Everyone talks about "What if" they didn't drop those passes. Ok what if? What if Kansas city drove down and scored 7 points? We'd be down 6 with 2 minutes to go. Plenty of time to score. But we never had to score. So we played it safe. They went 3 and out, we ran the ball, ate up clock and went three and out too. Game over. We can play it safe when we are up.

Remember that year where the Bills QB, Aaron Rogers, Matthew Stafford all had amazing comebacks at the end of the game? I believe it was the year Stafford won the Superbowl. Even in one of his playoff games, he threw a hail mary for a TD. If he didn't get lucky on that pass, no superbowl for him.

So I hope the Lion's have a lot of luck this year.

“Luck Is What Happens When Preparation Meets Opportunity". This quote, attributed to Roman philosopher Seneca, reminds us that we make our own luck.

Without question, no NFL team has a greater history of losing than the Ford Family owned Detroit Pussy Cats.
Sure does feel that way.

Have you ever heard there are teams that don't even try to win? They make a shit ton of money losing. Trying to win would mean spending money and you aren't sure you're going to win so cheaper/safer to just lose.

Give you an example. LA Clippers. Remember that racist guy who owned the team? Sterling? Anyways, his team sucked for years. So he always got good draft picks. Eventually he has himself a good team and they come close to winning. All they need to do is pick up one free agent. But he won't spend the money. And when these young studs he drafted come up for a new contract, he won't pay. So he loses them. Then they suck the next year. Then he gets good draft picks again and starts the whole process all over again.

I didnt say ALL of them were easy but there were way too many others that were so easy to catch,most of them. I would easily have made those catches.so many of them were the kind of performance i would expect out of a grade school kid. they were an embarrassment and pathetic.they did not look like they belonged in the pros one bit at all,

just watch,next week when they are expected to lose,those recievers wont go out and be dropping easy passes on almost every throw.

I have to go home now fag boy. Just want you to know I acknowledge the fact you're a pussy and won't respond to the fact I just busted your sorry ass. You believe even the Chiefs are cheaters. So you now will start referring to them as the Chiets right? I mean you need to go off on them like you did Belecheck and Brady and Inflategate. After all, last night the Chiefs pulled off their own inflategate. Only they threw the game. They didn't cheat to win they cheated to lose. What's the difference? you should never watch a Chiets game ever again.

So in the thread I started about you I wrote:

Just want to say I believe I exposed LA RAM Fan today and notice he won't comment? Because he knows I'm right. He just accused his own team of rigging the game last night. The same guy who went on and on and on about the Cheatriots, now has to call the Kansas City Chiefs the Kansas City Chiets.

Sure does feel that way.

Have you ever heard there are teams that don't even try to win? They make a shit ton of money losing. Trying to win would mean spending money and you aren't sure you're going to win so cheaper/safer to just lose.

Give you an example. LA Clippers. Remember that racist guy who owned the team? Sterling? Anyways, his team sucked for years. So he always got good draft picks. Eventually he has himself a good team and they come close to winning. All they need to do is pick up one free agent. But he won't spend the money. And when these young studs he drafted come up for a new contract, he won't pay. So he loses them. Then they suck the next year. Then he gets good draft picks again and starts the whole process all over again.
I believe the Lions operated as you describe for the over two decades Russ Thomas was the GM. William Clay Ford allowed Thomas to run the team as he saw fit and Thomas was a cheapskate.

Interesting game. Lions played a great game, gutsy calls and solid play.

The interesting bit is that the Chiefs defense played well - a solid B or B+. And they did it without their star player. The one who thinks he's worth almost twice as much as Kelce, who's absence had a far greater impact on the game.

I have to go home now fag boy. Just want you to know I acknowledge the fact you're a pussy and won't respond to the fact I just busted your sorry ass. You believe even the Chiefs are cheaters. So you now will start referring to them as the Chiets right? I mean you need to go off on them like you did Belecheck and Brady and Inflategate. After all, last night the Chiefs pulled off their own inflategate. Only they threw the game. They didn't cheat to win they cheated to lose. What's the difference? you should never watch a Chiets game ever again.

So in the thread I started about you I wrote:

Just want to say I believe I exposed LA RAM Fan today and notice he won't comment? Because he knows I'm right. He just accused his own team of rigging the game last night. The same guy who went on and on and on about the Cheatriots, now has to call the Kansas City Chiefs the Kansas City Chiets.
A little known fact about the Detroit Lions is on November 22, 1963 (a terrible day in more ways than one) William Clay Ford bought the team. Since that fateful day, the Lions have exceeded .500 only 17 times. Sixty seasons! They exceeded 10 wins only twice.

:thankusmile: you nailed it.:thup: I just got done watching the highlights of that game from last night and noticed in that game,the chiefs recievers were dropping passes constantly last night. passes that were EASY as pie to catch,I MYSELF would have made those catches as would anybody else posting on this thread would have as well.

I changed my mind about this being a blowout by the chiefs when jones was not available,thats the same as losing mahomes as quarterback.that changes what the chiefs defense can do drastically.coupled with the loss of Kelsey as well i figured this was going to be a close game just as it turned out to be.

However not having kelsey or Jones available for this game had nothing whatsoever with the chiefs losing last night. Jones and kelsey were not the ones out there dropping easy passes thrown to them. Those passes were so easy to catch i MYSELF could have caught those passes and everybody posting on this thread could have as well.

Even without kelsey and jones i figured the chiefs would still win this game,that this game was a lock for them and that they would win tonight but lose next week to the jags. what i OVERLOOKED however was the NFL is a corrupt cartel,every bit as corrupt as our government is. The game has gotten far more corrupt sense the late 90's than it was back in the days when i was little.

these are PROFESSIONAL sports players,once in a great blue moon i can see a receiver dropping an easy pass but they were doing it ALL THE TIME last night. I GUARANTEE those recievers were paid off. that they got a lot richer last night.

This was the biggest game of the year in the NFL other than the superbowl. In prime time games like this and playoffs and superbowls,there is lots of money involved. Most football fans were picking the chiefs to win last night. Lots of bookies got rich last night because the fix was in.
You’re an idiot.

Yea but I don't think a football team is cheating for Vegas. Of course the new Vegas Football Team might be but you know what I mean.

Didn't Vince join up with UFC? I don't trust Vince or Dana White. Would it even be illegal for Vince to throw wrestling matches? It's fake, his company and pre determined. He doesn't have to give his justification to anyone why he chose to have one person lose. They could totally get away with rigging WWE matches and no one would know nor do I think it would even be illegal. It should be but would it be?
It just takes a couple players or refs bought. Mucho dollars bet on a single game night.

It just takes a couple players or refs bought. Mucho dollars bet on a single game night.
I liked that Adam Sandler movie with Kevin Garnett. Kevin was buying jewelry from this degenerate gambler. One night sanders character gives Garnett this great speech about how espn said he doesn’t show up to game 7s. How no way he will score a triple double. Impossible they said. He’s telling Garnett this. Then he puts something like $50k in Garnetts duffle bag and tells Garnett whe knows he will prove them wrong. Then he goes and bets on it. Kevin makes sure he gets a triple double that night.

Thats not exactly how it happened but you get the point. Hidden gems is the name of the movie.

You’re an idiot.
He hasn’t replied because I made him realize he accused the Kansas city Chiets of being like the New England Cheatriots. He knows he fucked up and hopes I’ll let it go.

He will even say he has blocked me which isn’t true but just in case ask him if Kansas city is as dirty as New England please.

:thankusmile: :thup:
Yep, you nailed it once again. :thup: just takes a few players,coaches or refs on the take to throw the game,won’t find a more obviously rigged game this year than this one.you can take it to the bank next week when the chiefs are expected to lose after Thursday nights performance and are underdogs this time,you wont see those receivers dropping balls all over the place this time and bookies will get rich once again.not as much as Thursday because people will still be expecting the Chiefs to win but still very rich sense many will have jumped off the bandwagon.

Football fans keep getting conned over and over again and again and never wake up these games are as scripted as pro wrestling as fake as them.such suckers.

Mahomes was pissed at his receivers,he made that clear in his press conference. Little is he aware of the payoffs they took.he said even when Kelsey comes back his receivers need to step up which is saying without saying it they cannot be dropping easy passes he throws to them,that they need to catch the damn ball.

Mahomes should go into the locker room and say to his receivers the same thing Elvis grbec did PUBLICLY on the air in a Monday night loss one time when announced in a press conference I can throw it but I can’t catch it.

Mahomes would be in the right to say that to them fir sure,he would be smart unlike Elvis and not say it at a press conference and keep it in the locker room though.:biggrin::biggrin:

It was at least a refreshing change for once to not have refs decide the game for a team in a big game,to actually let the players decide it,that’s a very huge rarity in this day and age.

Mike evans is pissed at the bucs fir not getting a deal done and things look like nothing will happen there to get a deal done so rumors are floating the chiefs could trade for him,thst would be wise,cut toney and trade fir evans,evans would not take payoffs to throw games as toney did. :thup:

Last edited:
:thankusmile: :thup:
Yep, you nailed it once again. :thup: just takes a few players,coaches or refs on the take to throw the game,won’t find a more obviously rigged game this year than this one.you can take it to the bank next week when the chiefs are expected to lose after Thursday nights performance and are underdogs this time,you wont see those receivers dropping balls all over the place this time and bookies will get rich once again.not as much as Thursday because people will still be expecting the Chiefs to win but still very rich sense many will have jumped off the bandwagon.

Football fans keep getting conned over and over again and again and never wake up these games are as scripted as pro wrestling as fake as them.such suckers.

Mahomes was pissed at his receivers,he made that clear in his press conference. Little is he aware of the payoffs they took.he said even when Kelsey comes back his receivers need to step up which is saying without saying it they cannot be dropping easy passes he throws to them,that they need to catch the damn ball.

Mahomes should go into the locker room and say to his receivers the same thing Elvis grbec did PUBLICLY on the air in a Monday night loss one time when announced in a press conference I can throw it but I can’t catch it.

Mahomes would be in the right to say that to them fir sure,he would be smart unlike Elvis and not say it at a press conference and keep it in the locker room though.:biggrin::biggrin:

It was at least a refreshing change for once to not have refs decide the game for a team in a big game,to actually let the players decide it,that’s a very huge rarity in this day and age.

Mike evans is pissed at the bucs fir not getting a deal done and things look like nothing will happen there to get a deal done so rumors are floating the chiefs could trade for him,thst would be wise,cut toney and trade fir evans,evans would not take payoffs to throw games as toney did. :thup:
Mahomes is a good actor.

I believe the Lions operated as you describe for the over two decades Russ Thomas was the GM. William Clay Ford allowed Thomas to run the team as he saw fit and Thomas was a cheapskate.
No better example than the playoff game LA at NO. Late calls or missed calls sent LA to the SB (Kept NO out). Interesting.
Exactly.that game in the afc game of the chiefs against the pats that same year were so obviously rigged.who can forget the afc game where they callled a personal foul penalty on that chiefs player for just merely hitting Tom Brady’s shoulder pad keeping the drive alive which gave them a touchdown,yet they did not call a much more vicious hit on Mahomes against the pats,are you fucking kidding me?:cuckoo:

Then when the refs correctly said one of the pats players touched the ball on a kickoff and the chiefs got a touchdown out of it,after that pats player screamed about it,they changed the call,are you fucking kidding me? I guarantee you that player yelled at the refs saying I thought you guys had our backs.

Those two obviously fixed games were fixed because LA is obviously a much bigger media market than New Orleans and so is Boston over Kansas City.they made sure to have the two bigger media markets in the Super Bowl not to mention the fact they wanted everybody to see Tom Brady in yet another Super Bowl and give the cheatriots another Super Bowl trophy.

Last edited:
Exactly.that game in the afc game of the chiefs against the pats that same year were so obviously rigged.who can forget the afc game where they callled a personal foul penalty on that chiefs player for just merely hitting Tom Brady’s shoulder keeping the drive alive which gave them a touchdown,are you fucking kidding me.yet they did not call a much more vicious hit on Mahomes against the pats,are you fucking kidding me?:cuckoo:

Then when the refs correctly said one of the pats players touched the ball on a kickoff and the chiefs got a touchdown out of it,after that pats player screamed about it,they changed the call,are you fucking kidding me? I guarantee you that player yelled at the refs saying I thought you guys had our backs.

Those two obviously fixed games were fixed because LA is obviously a much bigger media market than New Orleans and so is Boston over Kansas City.they made sure to have the two bigger media markets in the Super Bowl.
We can't even avoid you deranged conspiracy fucks in a sports thread. What the hell is wrong with you?

We can't even avoid you deranged conspiracy fucks in a sports thread. What the hell is wrong with you?
so says a dumbfuck who ignores what demolition experts said on explosives bringing towers down and what witnesses in buildings said as well :auiqs.jpg: boy you sure showed me and countered me and disproved me there.:auiqs.jpg::abgg2q.jpg: thats the norm for you though,in your warped world you live in same as candyass and smellybozo you think insults counter facts.:rofl: you have been taking lessons from langley shill candyass and DNC paid shills smellybozo and billo really how to debate and how to counter facts. :rofl: right gipper :abgg2q.jpg:

you four paid trolls have infested this thread and left a bad smell in here shitting on the floor everytime you open your mouth ,time for me to leave this thread.it stinks to hell in here thanks to you four who always shit on the floor everytime you open your mouths.

Last edited:
Sometimes NFL games are decided by who effs up the most at the worst times, and that is basically what the Chiefs did. Which isn't to take anything away from the Lions, they did what they had to do to win, which for this franchise is usually not the case. But it is now, under Campbell and Holmes and they ain't going to be a one-year wonder either. This team is being built to be competitive for quite some time IMHO.

As for Kelce and Jones, this is the NFL and every week somebody is going to play without one or more key players and that is just the way it is. "What ifs" don't mean shit, you play with who you got available vs who they got available and there ain't no effing asterisks.

Forum List

Back