Liquidity Crisis: The Bond Market Has Frozen

Sounds to me like he means to pop it.
View attachment 312023

You people are the ones openly promoting, practically begging for, more of the very same policy which has blown that bubble up so big in the first place. Not me. I'm merely color commentating because I know how your way ends. We're seeing it in broad daylight. Just like realists like myself have always said it would.

So don't try to flip the script. The truth stings, don't it?

Everyone needs to read the book The Creature from Jekyll Island: A Second Look at the Federal Reserve by G. Edward Griffin.

That is all.

I would also add Ron Paul's "End The Fed'' to the reading list.

You know....they guy who predicted the 08 crash in 2003...the same guy the know-it-alls whose monetary policy is crashing once again (even though what we're seeing is really just an extention of that crash) called crazy? Heh heh.

Ron Paul has predicted 48 of the last two recessions.

And you just got your ass handed to you at the close of day. Not only that, but you practically begged for the fed to shove it up your ass farther. Which it did. How's it feel? I wouldn't give a bucket of piss for your opinion. Hopefully you'll come to realize that your love affair with the Fed is one-sided, unless, of course, you happen to enjoy walking around like a duck. lol.

Do yourself a favor and study economic theory and monetary policy and stop preoccupying yourself with useless babble about blue helmets and red helmets.

Last edited:
Everyone needs to read the book The Creature from Jekyll Island: A Second Look at the Federal Reserve by G. Edward Griffin.

That is all.

I would also add Ron Paul's "End The Fed'' to the reading list.

You know....they guy who predicted the 08 crash in 2003...the same guy the know-it-alls whose monetary policy is crashing once again (even though what we're seeing is really just an extention of that crash) called crazy? Heh heh.

You are right. But its the worse that can happen. The worse that takes away a lot of wealth from most people. Once it happens. Its done. You are to busy fighting the President who is far more experienced in this then most of the Progs and politicians. But even with that, our politicians and the media and entertainers need to get on board . People can and will die while this is going on. If the worse happens. Do not go after fellow peasants. Go after richer people. For a change. Get the azzes who fomented hatred to us all for decades to enrich themselves and loosing their guilt of prosperity. The Progs told us they all know better. The gunz of 2020 are ready by many.

Bond market breakdown sees historic spread between buyers and sellers

“I’ve been doing this 40 years. I’ve never seen that before,” Michele told CNBC’s Steve Liesman, who inquired about half-point difference in what buyers were willing to pay and sellers were willing to sell for, referred to as the bid-ask spread.

In fact, Michele said that at one point he received a call from JP Morgan Asset Management’s London office to say that there were no offers on the 30-year bond.

“I’ve never seen that before,” he said. “These are uncharted times for sure.”
Should I withdraw my money from the bank?

Absolutely!!!!!
Be sure and bury it next to the biggest tree in your backyard in a metal container.

The Fed needs to act, bigly.

$50 Trillion in Question as U.S. Treasury Liquidity Dries Up

One key gauge of Treasury liquidity -- market depth, or the ability to trade without substantially moving prices -- has plunged to levels last seen during the 2008 financial crisis, according to data compiled by JPMorgan. That liquidity shortfall, JPMorgan says, is most profound in long-term Treasuries.

Troubles Percolate in the Plumbing of Wall Street

Yields swung wildly. There were few sellers and buyers for older bonds, and a huge gap between what they were asking for and offering. And while it was difficult to point to the root cause of the sudden lack of liquidity — the ability to buy and sell securities at a reasonable value — calls for help were widespread.

“Liquidity conditions in the Treasury market look troublingly poor” and “repo markets are now showing signs of serious strain,” economists at Evercore ISI wrote in a research note. “We think the Fed needs to act now.”

The Dow is currently at 21,783.

When Trump took office, it was at 19,804.
It appears to me that government can't seem to do anything right at least as far as the markets are concerned. Almost immediately after the rate cut last week, the market fell nearly 2000 points. Trump's speech last night outlining his Cornavirus economic stimulus package was meet with another 2,000 point fall in the market.

It seems pretty clear that our economic problems are just symptoms of a much a larger problem, the coronavirus. The government should be dealing with the real problem, not the symptoms. If we bring the virus under control, our economic problems will fix themselves or at least the country will be ready to take advantage of any federal economic stimulus. Right now, people are worried about their family, their parents, whether their kids will graduate with the school closures, and what will happen to their business or job as more and more mandated closures and cancellation of events hit the country. This is just not the time when people are going to expand their business, go shopping for cars and houses or much of anything else except necessities.

Last edited:

One key gauge of Treasury liquidity -- market depth, or the ability to trade without substantially moving prices -- has plunged to levels last seen during the 2008 financial crisis, according to data compiled by JPMorgan. That liquidity shortfall, JPMorgan says, is most profound in long-term Treasuries.

Yields swung wildly. There were few sellers and buyers for older bonds, and a huge gap between what they were asking for and offering. And while it was difficult to point to the root cause of the sudden lack of liquidity — the ability to buy and sell securities at a reasonable value — calls for help were widespread.

“Liquidity conditions in the Treasury market look troublingly poor” and “repo markets are now showing signs of serious strain,” economists at Evercore ISI wrote in a research note. “We think the Fed needs to act now.”

Man, you are cheerleading the fuck out of an economic collapse. I hope your wish is never granted.

This is a textbook financial crisis. The Fed needs to act immediately.

The Fed is the reason for it. Why pour gasoline on a fire? Why not just put the fire out?
And how would you put the fire out? We are looking at a serious crash if something isn't done quickly.

There is no one out there capable of injecting that much liquidity other than the Fed.

And the Fed is not the reason for it. It is government spending which is largely responsible.
That's the thing. The fed is low on bullets, and it may be that they simply cannot inject enough liquidity in to keep money and credit markets working. Not to be doom and gloom, but the Fed may see its only course as "restarting."
I just talked to a close friend who has been selling real estate for 30 years and she says this has been the slowest week since 2008. There are virtually no new customers. We will not fix our economic problems until we bring the virus under control. The president needs to act like a president and assist Washington, California, and New York even though they are democratic states. If we don't bring the virus under control in these states we're going to have millions of cases in the country and we will be looking at something a lot worse than a recession.

The Fed is the reason for it. Why pour gasoline on a fire? Why not just put the fire out?
And how would you put the fire out? We are looking at a serious crash if something isn't done quickly.

There is no one out there capable of injecting that much liquidity other than the Fed.

And the Fed is not the reason for it. It is government spending which is largely responsible.
That's the thing. The fed is low on bullets, and it may be that they simply cannot inject enough liquidity in to keep money and credit markets working. Not to be doom and gloom, but the Fed may see its only course as "restarting."
I just talked to a close friend who has been selling real estate for 30 years and she says this has been the slowest week since 2008. There are virtually no new customers. We will not fix our economic problems until we bring the virus under control. The president needs to act like a president and assist Washington, California, and New York even though they are democratic states. If we don't bring the virus under control in these states we're going to have millions of cases in the country and we will be looking at something a lot worse than a recession.
You should try to keep up with the news. The President is working with all the states even while Democratic politicians continue to drool out lies about him. Just a few days ago, the governor of Ca commended the President for his support, saying he had a private conversation with President Trump and the President gave him everything he could have asked for. While the Democrats are doing everything they can to exploit this situation for political gain, the President has been hard at work trying to contain the the virus even when it means he has to work with people who are attacking him personally.

You should try to keep up with the news. The President is working with all the states even while Democratic politicians continue to drool out lies about him. Just a few days ago, the governor of Ca commended the President for his support, saying he had a private conversation with President Trump and the President gave him everything he could have asked for. While the Democrats are doing everything they can to exploit this situation for political gain, the President has been hard at work trying to contain the the virus even when it means he has to work with people who are attacking him personally.
The White House is good on promises but slow on delivery. In Washington, they need a Medicaid waver that would make more treatment options available for those infected. They need more N95 respirators that have been promised but not delivered. They need the CDC to get statistics on positive results of the test to state agencies in timely manner, etc, etc. And what is Trump providing? Threats of restrictions on travel effecting Washington and California.

The White House is good on promises but slow on delivery. In Washington, they need a Medicaid waver that would make more treatment options available for those infected. They need more N95 respirators that have been promised but not delivered. They need the CDC to get statistics on positive results of the test to state agencies in timely manner, etc, etc. And what is Trump providing? Threats of restrictions on travel effecting Washington and California.
Clearly Washington state needs to get control of its own operations before trying to blame the President. Of the 1336 infections in the US, Washington state with a population of just over 7 million accounts for 367 of them and of the 36 deaths, Washington state accounts for 29 of them. However, every treatment option is available to every American and there is a plentiful supply of n95 masks available to everyone.

Amazon.com : n95 mask

Inslee needs to stop whining and get to work.

BOOM!

Stocks cut losses dramatically after giant market intervention by Fed, Dow was down 9.5%

The Fed announced it will ramp up its overnight funding operations to more than $500 billion.

The Dow closed down 2353, the worst point lost in history.
Yeah. I hope this is the bottom. I earnestly do. Not just the bottom, I hope we quickly recover.

I am fearful for the jobs and homes and retirements at stake.
I hate to say it but I really think this will be a slow recovery. I think it's going to take months, possibly many months. I have a grandson who is looking to graduate from Washington State and it's closing for the remainder of the semester and going to all online classes. The problem is all he needs to graduate is two classes, both are labs are not available online.

Clearly Washington state needs to get control of its own operations before trying to blame the President. Of the 1336 infections in the US, Washington state with a population of just over 7 million accounts for 367 of them and of the 36 deaths, Washington state accounts for 29 of them. However, every treatment option is available to every American and there is a plentiful supply of n95 masks available to everyone.

Amazon.com : n95 mask

Inslee needs to stop whining and get to work.
I said repersators, not just masks. Amazon says,
"Currently, there are no sellers that can deliver this item to your location." Medicaid rules have a number of restriction. The state is asking for a waver for treatment and testing of Coronavirus.

Man, you are cheerleading the fuck out of an economic collapse. I hope your wish is never granted.

You fucknuts really need to pull your heads out of your asses. I am not cheerleading this disaster.

You fucknuts really need to pull your heads out of your asses. I am not cheerleading this disaster.

Sure you were. In this very thread you consistently advocated for the Fed to step in and accelerate the very same inflationary policies that cause the bubbles in the first place.

You're just too stupid to realize it.

And stop pretending like you care about the working class. You don't. You care about your own short term personal gain at the expense of the working class. That's all you care about. You're a big ol bullshitter. lol.

Last edited:

Sure you were. In this very thread you consistently advocated for the Fed to step in and accelerate the very same inflationary policies that cause the bubbles in the first place.

You're just too stupid to realize it.
I was advocating the Fed step in to prevent a total liquidity crisis, dipshit.

Your idiotic monolithic hatred of the Fed is getting the better of you.

Forum List

Back