Little child chooses heaven over hospital.

Status
Not open for further replies.
my first thought was the same as yours, dante.. the child does not know what they are choosing really..it is based on a notion of heaven that the parents projected onto her. i mean, who wouldn't choose fluffy clouds and peacefulness over an uncomfortable hospital treatment? lol as far as the blog, i guess the mom takes comfort in sharing... i just think it is silly to give the kid that choice, as there is a treatment protocol for a reason, and i've seen 'no hope' turn into hope with my own two eyes.

Poor child :(
I don't blame her a bit.
Damn brave too :thup:
Blame her? For what exactly? :cuckoo:'

was this a case of assisted suicide? How is it not?
I don't blame her a bit.

Being tired of it all.
I think it is and I have no problem with it.
I agree. But why make it so public?

on edit: note: Five year olds also believe in the Tooth Fairy, Santa Clause, The Easter Bunny, and more

Last edited:
The child chose nothing. She really didn't know what she was choosing. The parents? That what the story is really all about. And this has nothing to do with heaven.

All of us who have had to face death personally or with close family and friends know that sinking feeling, that a child is thankfully unaware of. Must a have been very, very difficult time for the parents.

The mom of the child is a medical professional. Why this painfully personal story was fed to the media is beyond my comprehension.

There was medical intervention to keep the child going. If an adult chose to forego medical attention -- oh wait! Children don't legally get to choose such things

In this case?

She should. She's terminal.
So you think a 5 year old understands it all? Really?

on edit: note: Five year olds also believe in the Tooth Fairy, Santa Clause, The Easter Bunny, and more

Poor kid... :(
We are NOT all created equal are we? Life itself, nature, is cruel
my first thought was the same as yours, dante.. the child does not know what they are choosing really..it is based on a notion of heaven that the parents projected onto her. i mean, who wouldn't choose fluffy clouds and peacefulness over an uncomfortable hospital treatment? lol as far as the blog, i guess the mom takes comfort in sharing... i just think it is silly to give the kid that choice, as there is a treatment protocol for a reason, and i've seen 'no hope' turn into hope with my own two eyes.
When I had to put my beloved pup down, I consulted the stars and a doggie psychic...

:ack-1:

I don't blame her a bit.

I don't blame her a bit.

Being tired of it all.
I think it is and I have no problem with it.
I agree. But why make it so public?
I don't have an answer for that one...

Tricky ethical territory there. Informed consent would suggest that she should be made aware that there is no evidence for the existence of heaven, but this should be weighed against whether removing the delusion would cause greater suffering.

Social media SUCKS.

It is making the human race into flaccid little turds.

Brave New World -- people -- it is here Now - we are living it and many are loving it because they have caretakers in the forms of engineers and google-bots and algorithms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back