Little help from Sioux Falls, Oshkosh, and Omaha.

Stanton

Rookie
Oct 20, 2020
New Jersey
Recently I moved from New Jersey to western PA. There were two other locations I had in mind but due to a family matter and geography I chose the current spot.

I transferred through my company and upon starting work I realized the people here are very cliquey. It's not attitude but constant back handed comments and just a flat out rudeness, maybe dicks would be the right word. Not all people but its rather consistent.

I had traveled west twice a year since 2021 to look for a place to relocate out of the Covidian 1984 nightmare that was Jersey. I didn't want to live around Nazis and I don't say that lightly. However, I quickly learned that I made a mistake with PA and not just because of the people but due to contractional changes to my job that didn't exist back home and I failed to ask about.

In a couple of months I'm traveling west again to look at Sioux Falls, SD, Oshkosh, WI, and possibly Omaha, NE. Last October I visited Sioux Falls and got a good impression. However, I only talked to four people at length and that's no measure.

If anyone is familiar with the places above could you give your honest and best assessment of the people in those regions? I'm just trying to get the best understanding of the people because I don't plan on staying where I'm at. It's nice to live where you mix well with the politics but not if the people treat you as an outsider and don't want you there regardless.

Forum List

Back