Liz Cheney announced Senate bid, will challenge GOP incumbent

BlueGin

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2004
Interesting. Not sure how I feel about this. On the one hand she seems to have good intentions. On the other hand...another legacy politician. Guess we will see what happens.

Liz Cheney, the daughter of former Vice President Dick Cheney, announced on Tuesday that she is running for the U.S. Senate in Wyoming in 2014. After months of speculation, Cheney confirmed rumors that she would challenge incumbent Republican Sen. Mike Enzi.

Enzi, who has not made a formal announcement about his re-election plans, has been expected to run. In an impromptu interview with congressional reporters Tuesday, Enzi said, "I thought we were friends," when asked about Cheney's announcement.

"Well, she said that if I ran she wasn’t going to run, but obviously that wasn’t correct,” he added.

Enzi, who has served as one of Wyoming’s two senators since 1997 has noted in recent interviews that Cheney previously called him to explain that she was considering a primary challenge to him next year.

Liz Cheney announced Senate bid, will challenge GOP incumbent

Interesting. Not sure how I feel about this. On the one hand she seems to have good intentions. On the other hand...another legacy politician. Guess we will see what happens.

Liz Cheney, the daughter of former Vice President Dick Cheney, announced on Tuesday that she is running for the U.S. Senate in Wyoming in 2014. After months of speculation, Cheney confirmed rumors that she would challenge incumbent Republican Sen. Mike Enzi. ...

This probably will be good for the country. Someone once said sunlight is the best disinfectant. Once we expose extremist conservative wackos, they'll fade away as a consequence of their own craziness.

No way she's winning this. Power of incumbency + the polarizing effect of her daddy's record.

There is no polarizing effect of her daddy's record in Wyoming. The Cheney's are pretty much worshipped in Wyoming. The Cheney name in Wyoming is gold. She's running against an incumbent very popular in his own right. That's the main difficulty. If she can tie the incumbent to obama she will do very well. Even if she doesn't win, the number of votes she gets will send a message of just how many Wyoming voters are sick of tolerating compromise.

The Cheneys are loved in Wyoming, but natives are not at all interested in people who leave the state following election to high office. They likely think Miss Cheney may not be a conservative, and they know Enzi is tried and true-blue conservative who will not let them down for the fiscal folly of the liberals who are representing large, populated areas they can control easily and forgetting about the needs of small states. If Ms. Cheney proved a carbon copy of her father's excellence in conservatism when he was the state's Congressman at large in the US House of Representatives, it could be different. In Wyoming, if you save money on your watch in lower offices, they know they can trust you. If you have no record are a big spender, there's not any trust there. Everyone there knows it from the time they're knee-high to a grasshopper. Spendthrifts will not ever hold a Senate seat in Wyoming. Nobody has the stomach for a $17 trillion dollar national debt that has been produced by people who don't give a rat's patoot whether their grandchildren are strapped with debts today's generation is letting slide. It's irresponsible and also avoidable when you put people in Congress who know the American people have reached their limit in giving to the bottomless pit that Marxism gone madly to market is. It's a heinous situation, and even liberals should know spendthrift legislation/judiciary rulings and getting there by cheating at the polling places has gone overboard for the last 25 years.

I'm afraid the situation in Washington is so bad, there are going to be uprisings all around to end the spending like a drunken fleet with all Washington's hands on deck. I wish I weren't worried about civil uprisings how-daring Congress to spend money it doesn't have and also why it is putting up with massive abuses by a Judiciary that has no way of planning how much their decisions are going to take away from ordinary Americans, an Executive Branch that orders the treasury to print cash instead of asking Congress for money, and a Congress that can't do anything to quell it without the spendthrifts going on a lying binge at the local level, demonizing conservatives, and getting a huge unfair backing from Hollyweirdos who are undeservedly rich and willing to flaunt it politically to please spendthrifts, whom they so magnanimously forgive at the expense of taxpayers who made them famous as well as wealthy in the first place.

We're already uncivil in our hearts toward each other. And if the spendthrifts keep up the harassment of overspending by granting themselves and their like boatloads of benefits and cash, they're likely to find out exactly how little that trait is appreciated by those who worked hard a lifetime to earn what they have and are unwilling to give up private properties to people who do not appreciate it and would just trample it into nothingness if they had it, mainly out of self-imposed ignorance of other people in the world due to a narcissistic outlook.

Last edited:
Enzi is very popular in Wyoming. But he does have a record of agreeing with obama on occasion and has compromised with democrats in the past. It's not conervative bones that Cheney is attacking it's his willingness to compromise.

That's what's going to make this election so interesting. Even if Cheney loses however many votes she gets will be how many people are saying "don't give an inch".

Liz has lived in Virginia for a number of years. The Cheney family home is Jackson Hole, Wyoming.

Liz Cheney, the daughter of former Vice President Dick Cheney, announced on Tuesday that she is running for the U.S. Senate in Wyoming in 2014. After months of speculation, Cheney confirmed rumors that she would challenge incumbent Republican Sen. Mike Enzi. ...

This probably will be good for the country. Someone once said sunlight is the best disinfectant. Once we expose extremist conservative wackos, they'll fade away as a consequence of their own craziness.

:cool:

Enzi is very popular in Wyoming. But he does have a record of agreeing with obama on occasion and has compromised with democrats in the past. It's not conervative bones that Cheney is attacking it's his willingness to compromise.

That's what's going to make this election so interesting. Even if Cheney loses however many votes she gets will be how many people are saying "don't give an inch".
There are some issues in which human needs are not a matter of politics. Enzi knows the difference between a fiscal issue and an issue that is not a spending issue. Just sayin'. :eusa_whistle:

What's ridiculous is to read around this board and watch who just opposes the first person to make a statement on such an apolitical issue and makes it his business to jab the issue to death because his political opponent supported or dissed it. There probably isn't a person here who hasn't seen the likes of that.

If Enzi owed a favor, he first saved the nation ten times what the favor costs in another venue. The man is a maven. ;) And it was a privilege to have voted for him at least once in the past.

She returned to Wyoming after having been educated elsewhere. She was a resident in name only in Wyoming since about the ninth grade or even earlier as my recollection goes, and she did not graduate from HS in Wyo, didn't go to a Wyoming University, but was educated in Illinois and at her father's knee. Wyomingites do not know her well enough to know whether she will vote for no spending or not.

That's the bottom line in the state: no taxes voting. Period. And the candidate had better have experience and a record of not passing spending measures that spans at least 7 or 8 years. They may be laconic in the Equality State, but they're not stupid.

Last edited:

There are some issues in which human needs are not a matter of politics. Enzi knows the difference between a fiscal issue and an issue that is not a spending issue. Just sayin'. :eusa_whistle:

What's ridiculous is to read around this board and watch who just opposes the first person to make a statement on such an apolitical issue and makes it his business to jab the issue to death because his political opponent supported or dissed it. There probably isn't a person here who hasn't seen the likes of that.

If Enzi owed a favor, he first saved the nation ten times what the favor costs in another venue. The man is a maven. ;) And it was a privilege to have voted for him at least once in the past.

No doubt Enzi is very popular and has done an excellent job for Wyoming. Cheney is sure not going to attack the record of what Enzi has done. If I were a voter on the subject I'd vote against anyone who agreed with democrats on what the time of day was.

No doubt Enzi is very popular and has done an excellent job for Wyoming. Cheney is sure not going to attack the record of what Enzi has done. If I were a voter on the subject I'd vote against anyone who agreed with democrats on what the time of day was.

Fox fan are ya.

Wyomingites do not necessarily vote for the child of a celebrated former governor or other politician. And they can smell a liberal heart like anyone else can smell burnt toast in the morning. Ms. Cheney has lived in Wyoming less than a year from her "sudden decision" to run for Mike Enzi's Senate Seat. She wasn't around when the natives voted down several "favorite sons" in favor of a stingy bastard who saved them $$$ in gummint revenue. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

But think whatever you want. I lived there for 40 years of my adult life. I know how they are. I know EXACTLY how they are. If Missouri is the "show me" state, the Equality State is the "look before you leap and before they spend" state!

If you live in Wyoming I certainly envy you. It is not only beautiful but has sane people. I am surrounded by demonrats. Just personally, I wouldn't vote for a republican that agreed with or compromised on anything.

Enzi is about 34 points ahead but why did Ms. Chaney move to Wyoming in 2012 and decide to run against a staunch conservative? Is she another tool in the democrat dirty tricks bag? She is Dick Chaney's daughter and in order to run for high political office she needs to be able to use the name and to run in a red state that holds no animosity towards the Bush administration. Apparently she thinks she will get support from pro abortion young women and token sodomites who support gay marriage. My guess is hat it will backfire big time and she can forget ever running as a republican after she is defeated in the primary.

Being defeated in a single election has never caused anyone to drop out of politics.

Forum List

Back