Liz Cheney and MAGA Republicans

mikegriffith1

Mike Griffith
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 23, 2012
Virginia
MAGA Republicans are upset because last week Liz Cheney said the future of democracy will be at risk if the Republicans win the House and the Senate (LINK). I am very disappointed with her statement and do not agree with it.

However, MAGA Republicans ignore the fact that Liz Cheney had a solidly conservative voting record in Congress (see below). She is not and has never been a RINO. So maybe, just maybe, MAGA Republicans should stop demonizing her, and maybe, just maybe, their overly harsh treatment of her is the reason she does not want a MAGA-controlled GOP majority in the House and Senate.

And maybe, just maybe, Liz Cheney has a point when she observes that Trump's deliberate delay in calling on the January 6 rioters to stand down made him an accessory after the fact. I say this as someone who donated to and voted and worked for Trump in 2016 and 2020 (although Trump was my fourth pick in the 2016 GOP primary).

Here are Liz Cheney's ratings from some of the major conservative groups:

Americans for Prosperity: 84%
Gun Owners of America: 88%
Numbers USA (anti-illegal immigration): 91%
National Right to Life Committee: 93%
National Tax Limitation Committee: 78%
Citizens Against Government Waste: 91%
Susan B. Anthony Pro-Life America: 100%
American Farm Bureau Federation: 100%
Independent Petroleum Association of America: 100%
Heritage Foundation: 79%
Concerned Women for America: 86%
American Energy Alliance: 100%
American Family Association: 100%

Conversely, liberal groups gave her very low ratings. For example:

NARAL Pro-Choice America: 0%
Americans for Democratic Action: 5%
NAACP: 10%
Planned Parenthood: 20%
National Education Association: 25%
Progressive Punch: 5%
Clean Water Action: 0%
Environment America: 0%

Again, I am very disappointed with Liz Cheney's argument that democracy will be endangered if Republicans win control of the House and the Senate. I think she is taking her anti-MAGA feelings too far.

I suspect her statement is partly an expression of her anger and resentment over how MAGA Republicans have treated her, and that she might feel differently if the MAGA crowd had not so unjustly demonized her.

MAGA Republicans are upset because last week Liz Cheney said the future of democracy will be at risk if the Republicans win the House and the Senate (LINK). I am very disappointed with her statement and do not agree with it.

However, MAGA Republicans ignore the fact that Liz Cheney had a solidly conservative voting record in Congress (see below). She is not and has never been a RINO. So maybe, just maybe, MAGA Republicans should stop demonizing her, and maybe, just maybe, their overly harsh treatment of her is the reason she does not want a MAGA-controlled GOP majority in the House and Senate.

And maybe, just maybe, Liz Cheney has a point when she observes that Trump's deliberate delay in calling on the January 6 rioters to stand down made him an accessory after the fact. I say this as someone who donated to and voted and worked for Trump in 2016 and 2020 (although Trump was my fourth pick in the 2016 GOP primary).

Here are Liz Cheney's ratings from some of the major conservative groups:

Americans for Prosperity: 84%
Gun Owners of America: 88%
Numbers USA (anti-illegal immigration): 91%
National Right to Life Committee: 93%
National Tax Limitation Committee: 78%
Citizens Against Government Waste: 91%
Susan B. Anthony Pro-Life America: 100%
American Farm Bureau Federation: 100%
Independent Petroleum Association of America: 100%
Heritage Foundation: 79%
Concerned Women for America: 86%
American Energy Alliance: 100%
American Family Association: 100%

Conversely, liberal groups gave her very low ratings. For example:

NARAL Pro-Choice America: 0%
Americans for Democratic Action: 5%
NAACP: 10%
Planned Parenthood: 20%
National Education Association: 25%
Progressive Punch: 5%
Clean Water Action: 0%
Environment America: 0%

Again, I am very disappointed with Liz Cheney's argument that democracy will be endangered if Republicans win control of the House and the Senate. I think she is taking her anti-MAGA feelings too far.

I suspect her statement is partly an expression of her anger and resentment over how MAGA Republicans have treated her, and that she might feel differently if the MAGA crowd had not so unjustly demonized her.
These people have decayed into "you're either a MAGA or you're an evil commie".

That's it. That's the best they can do at this point.

Their thought processes have essentially calcified.

They never had a thought process.

Liz Cheney was born a Conservative Republican

She hates what Trump has done to her party and speaks out against it.
She sacrificed her political career to speak out against what Trump was doing

Ms. Cheney didn't sacrifice a damn thing. It was the PEOPLE of Wyoming that told her to go copulate herself, and it was because they just didn't agree with her Trump Hatred.

The fact that she is now a devotee of Joe the Somnolent even after voting correctly on a lot of issues for a long time, makes me question her commitment to these issues in the first place.

Now, she just doesn't want Biden, she wants complete, one party Far Left Democrat rule.

Actually, she's not taking it far enough.

The GOP survived Hoover, McCarthy, and Nixon because, at a certain point, if a personality in the party became too toxic, the party wisely washed its hands of them. It might take a cycle or two, but denouncing toxic politicians and philosophies is how the GOP (and to a lesser degree the Democrats) have evolved and prospered.

Trump is far more toxic than all three of them combined. His racism, misogyny, corruption, and malignant narcissism has consumed the party. Long after he is off the political stage, the GOP will be scrubbing this stain off of itself.

They never had a thought process.
Oh, come on. That's going too far. Your comment reflects the very intolerance and closed-mindedness that you accuse all MAGA folks of having.

I know plenty of Trump supporters who are highly educated and temperate, who fully recognize Trump's faults, who do not agree with the MAGA crowd on certain issues, and whose main concern is getting Biden out of the White House.

Ms. Cheney didn't sacrifice a damn thing. It was the PEOPLE of Wyoming that told her to go copulate herself, and it was because they just didn't agree with her Trump Hatred.

The fact that she is now a devotee of Joe the Somnolent even after voting correctly on a lot of issues for a long time, makes me question her commitment to these issues in the first place.

Now, she just doesn't want Biden, she wants complete, one party Far Left Democrat rule.
The Party that Cheney loved all her life evolved into the Party of Trump.
The people of Wyoming who once embraced Conservative values turned out to worship Trump over those values

Oh, come on. That's going too far. Your comment reflects the very intolerance and closed-mindedness that you accuse all MAGA folks of having.

I know plenty of Trump supporters who are highly educated and temperate, who fully recognize Trump's faults, who do not agree with the MAGA crowd on certain issues, and whose main concern is getting Biden out of the White House.

In short, they don't have the emotional maturity to realize they made a mistake.

MAGA has evolved from the John Birch Society and Tea Party.
Disgruntled Americans in rural areas who fear immigrants, gays, their Christian values and losing their guns.

Trump has not only exploited those fears but has added to them

Says the tard that voted for a guy that said if people didnt vote for him, they arent black :rolleyes:
You VOTE for tribalism, you dilapidated bag of dumbfuck.

Disgruntled Americans in rural areas who fear immigrants, gays, their Christian values and losing their guns.

I disagree completely needless to say.

People were tired of being in a party with war criminals who should be extradited to The Hague like Liz's dad, and candidates who pledged to put black people "back in chains" like Mitt Romney.

So they went to the well and found a city slicker- not a rural hick- to replace these losers.

Liz Cheney was born a Conservative Republican

She hates what Trump has done to her party and speaks out against it.
She sacrificed her political career to speak out against what Trump was doing
Soif Trump is to the left of Liz, you just can not stand that.

And that statement is as bigoted and extreme as anything uttered by the worst MAGA Republicans. You are just as extreme and intolerant as they are, only you are on the far left and they are on the far right.

See above.

And that statement is as bigoted and extreme as anything uttered by the worst MAGA Republicans. You are just as extreme and intolerant as they are, only you are on the far left and they are on the far right.

See above.
Not really
Read the platform of the John Birch Society and compare it to MAGA

Can you show MAGA policies that don’t rail about immigrants, gays, guns or attacks on Christianity?

Forum List

Back