Lois Lerner to take the 5th. Again.

I fail to see how any public employee can take the fifth on any matter pertaining to doing their job. If she's being asked by her employer about her actions on the clock and her answers might incriminate her, then it's something that was outside the scope of their job.

You embarrass yourself when you trot out that nonsense about liberals being the only group that had their status revoked. The reason that Lois Lerner is taking the 5th isn't because the IRS equally targeted both liberal and conservative groups in an evenhanded manner...she's taking the 5th because they primarily targeted one side and not the other. Conservative groups had their applications held up for years and were subjected to additional questioning that liberal groups did not face and this was done on purpose.

She is taking the 5th because she is protecting someone. She knows it will ultimately come out that intentional efforts were made to deny conservative groups an answer....giving them a much more scarce presence during a major election year....and the only question that will remain unanswered is WHO gave that directive to whom and ultimately passed on to Lerner.

I fail to see how any public employee can take the fifth on any matter pertaining to doing their job. If she's being asked by her employer about her actions on the clock and her answers might incriminate her, then it's something that was outside the scope of their job.
<cough> Oliver North <cough>

Ridiculous. No tea party group was prevented from free assembly or had their 1st amendment rights trampled.

They were scrutinized for tax free status. As they all should. Left and right.

These social welfare groups self-declare. That's right. These nonprofits say *pop*

-- I'm a non-profit - and boom, in operation. It's only later the IRS vets you.

Where do you get this tripe?

No donor will EVER make a tax-deductible contribution to a group that doesn't already have its nonprofit status from the IRS signed, sealed, and delivered in its pocket. Because if there's any chance the IRS will "later" announce that the group DOESN'T have 501(c)(4) status, and the donor suddenly has to pay tons of taxes on the donation, they won't make the donation in the first place.

This is fundamental. And you missed it completely?

Do your homework for cryin out loud.

It's not about taxes, it's about disclosing their donor lists.

*slurp* must obfuscate *slurp

Issa (R) said he's going to spend MORE taxpayer dollars w/ his cheap political shot, witch hunt.

Whenever libturds start whining about the government wasting money, you know they are trying to put something over on you.

So is this another situation where a President orders a subordinate to ignore Congress and violate the law?

You embarrass yourself when you trot out that nonsense about liberals being the only group that had their status revoked. The reason that Lois Lerner is taking the 5th isn't because the IRS equally targeted both liberal and conservative groups in an evenhanded manner...she's taking the 5th because they primarily targeted one side and not the other. Conservative groups had their applications held up for years and were subjected to additional questioning that liberal groups did not face and this was done on purpose.

She is taking the 5th because she is protecting someone. She knows it will ultimately come out that intentional efforts were made to deny conservative groups an answer....giving them a much more scarce presence during a major election year....and the only question that will remain unanswered is WHO gave that directive to whom and ultimately passed on to Lerner.
Puzzle me this: Lerner has said since last summer she would testify if granted immunity.

If the truth is really what you, I and Issa, and the rest of America want's

Why won't Issa grant her immunity?

????? It's coming up on a year soon...and NADA.

Answer that plainly and honestly if you can...especially given you think she is "protecting" someone.

So is this another situation where a President orders a subordinate to ignore Congress and violate the law?
Ah, another one who thinks the 5th Amendment should be shucked.

Thanks!

Helps to delineate the constitution haters right up front.

Puzzle me this: Lerner has said since last summer she would testify if granted immunity.

Answer that plainly and honestly if you can...especially given you think she is "protecting" someone.

I guess the question for me is why should she even need immunity if she didn't do anything to violate the law? Why plead the fifth if all the actions and orders were legal and above board?

Yeah. But this time it is OK because it is Obama.

The man who was going to change the way we do things in Washington.

He wouldn't have protected Lerner but that darn "party of no" gave him no choice

You offer immunity when you know what the person you're offering it to did in an effort to get the big fish. It is entirely possible that she is the big fish so why give her immunity?

Ah, another one who thinks the 5th Amendment should be shucked.

Thanks!

Helps to delineate the constitution haters right up front.

Hardly. North should have followed the law and told Reagan no. If Lerner was ordered to violate the law, she should have told Obama no.

You offer immunity when you know what the person you're offering it to did in an effort to get the big fish. It is entirely possible that she is the big fish so why give her immunity?
It's a simple question, do you want answers or not? There is one sure way, unless you think that the answers are not going to be what you want, which is certainly possible in this case. If that's true then you make a big show, Issa, and never do what's actually required because that doesn't help you at all.

Because she broke the law and deserves to be held accountable for using the power of the IRS to punish American citizens who's political views didn't agree with hers? Don't give the smug bitch immunity...give it to which ever one of her subordinates tells the truth about what happened and put Lerner and any that who DON'T cooperate in jail for as long a term as possible.

:popcorn:

well Righties?

Forum List

Back