Lois Lerner to take the 5th. Again.

As a general practice, the Oversight Committee does not disclose discussions with representatives of private citizens about possible public testimony,” said spokesman Fredrick Hill

. “In the case of Ms. Lerner, correspondence is being made available to set the record straight on offers made by her attorney about her willingness to testify and answer questions without any grant of immunity.”

Yeah.....these things take time...so they are BEING made available....just not yet.

Yet, for some reason, the emails of her attorney AGREEING to her testifying were made available immediately after he denied ever agreeing to it.

PPV....

I am very disillusioned that you fall back on name calling. One does not have to agree with one to not call them names. You may not like Issa.....but the names you call him are childish and unbecoming of an intelligent debater.

I do not agree with Cummings. I dare you to find a single post where I call him names.

I do not like many of the things Reid says...I dare you to find a single post where I call him names.

Same with Pelosi.

Same with President Obama. I have posted about his lies. I have never called him a name. And with some exceptions (when I am typiung fast), I usually refer to him as President Obama or our CiC.

Name calling is a sign of weakness in ones position.

She said nothin' again huh? Immunity or forget it boys. She's playin' hardball here with the kickball kiddos of Congress. Pay to play, the American way.

Issa has earned every bit of contempt - every last bit of it.

I don't care if it offends you or you think it's unbecoming.

Slugs need to be called for the slugs they are.

She said nothin' again huh? Immunity or forget it boys. She's playin' hardball here with the kickball kiddos of Congress. Pay to play, the American way.

Today wasn't about her not saying anything...

It was about the emails that were presented.

Those emails, authored by Lois Lerner, were very telling that not only was something inappropriate INTENTIOANLLY going on, but efforts were being made so it can continue without risk of exposure.

Today, for the first time, I am starting to think this goes to the WH.

Last edited:
As usual, when a Democrat is caught breaking the law, covering up, lying etc...

...her fellow Democrats become extremely interested in what Republicans "look like".

:rolleyes:

See? There goes another one!

:D

The I opt to put you on ignore. I will not debate or discuss with one who feels such action is warranted. It takes away from a valid debate.

Last edited:
Remember the looong delays in the IRS considering conservative groups' applications for 501(c)(3) and 501(c)(4) status, that kicked this whole scandal off?

This hit the fan in May, 2013, and it was found that the IRS had been holding up their applications for years sometimes, while granting most liberals groups' applications quickly.

Well, guess what. They're still doing it now.

--------------------------------------------------

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/irs-targeting-tea-party/2014/02/06/id/551274

Cleta Mitchell: IRS Targeting of Conservatives Continues

by David A. Patten
Thursday, 06 Feb 2014 11:18 AM

Explosive testimony lit up a House hearing on the IRS targeting scandal Thursday, as GOP super lawyer Cleta Mitchell told representatives that the systematic effort to delay the processing of grass-roots groups' applications for nonprofit status continues to occur.

"The IRS is still, very deliberately targeting conservative organizations and subjecting them to additional intense and burdensome scrutiny — and this has not stopped," she said. "This is still ongoing."

Also testifying Monday was Jay Sekulow, head of the American Center for Law and Justice (ACLJ). ACLJ officials also contend the IRS targeting continues.

Forty-one grass-roots groups were named as plaintiffs in the ACLJ lawsuit alleging widespread abuses of the First Amendment rights of assembly and free speech by the Obama administration and the IRS. Of those, 13 still have not received adjudication of their request for nonprofit status.

The oldest of those 13 pending applications for nonprofit status dates back to December 2009, French says. That would mean at least one group has been sidelined through two election cycles, with a third rapidly approaching.

Last edited:
Fine. No skin off my back.

I just hope you call out every one on your side who hurls invectives at Obama, or Lerner, or anyone else. Your ignore list will be longer than the side of a house.

I just don;t understand how you take so much of what Issa says as golden truth, and that you feel he really is at getting down to the truth.

He's proven time and he selectively releases transcripts, he even leaks classified information. He said at the start "someone is going to jail" -- before an investigation was even conducted. Do you really think he is acting in good faith?

If there is illegal acts going on at the IRS, I want to know about it. There is no reason he cannot grant her the testimony in committee. She siad she would without immunity - but you play "pick out a word" games...

Short of that, even -- why not give her immunity? Why Why Why? ?? Doesn't he want to know the truth?

Those emails, authored by Lois Lerner, were very telling that not only was something inappropriate INTENTIOANLLY going on, but efforts were being made so it can continue without risk of exposure.

What is it in those emails that leads you to think it goes to the WH?

Remember the looong delays in the IRS considering conservative groups' applications for 501(c)(3) and 501(c)(4) status, that kicked this whole scandal off?

This hit the fan in May, 2013, and it was found that the IRS had been holding up their applications for years sometimes, while granting most liberals groups' applications quickly.

Well, guess what. They're still doing it now.

--------------------------------------------------

by David A. Patten
Thursday, 06 Feb 2014 11:18 AM

Explosive testimony lit up a House hearing on the IRS targeting scandal Thursday, as GOP super lawyer Cleta Mitchell told representatives that the systematic effort to delay the processing of grass-roots groups' applications for nonprofit status continues to occur.

"The IRS is still, very deliberately targeting conservative organizations and subjecting them to additional intense and burdensome scrutiny — and this has not stopped," she said. "This is still ongoing."

Also testifying Monday was Jay Sekulow, head of the American Center for Law and Justice (ACLJ). ACLJ officials also contend the IRS targeting continues.

Forty-one grass-roots groups were named as plaintiffs in the ACLJ lawsuit alleging widespread abuses of the First Amendment rights of assembly and free speech by the Obama administration and the IRS. Of those, 13 still have not received adjudication of their request for nonprofit status.

The oldest of those 13 pending applications for nonprofit status dates back to December 2009, French says. That would mean at least one group has been sidelined through two election cycles, with a third rapidly approaching.

For some reason Cummings, President Obama and all other democrats that have commented on this situation have forgot one basic premise...

Justice delayed is justice denied.

In this case, a delayed answer is no answer at all.

Many conservative groups, for years, were denied an answer. Even an answer of "no" would be better than no answer at all...for an answer for no gives you the ability to reapply after adjustments to your model are made.

That's why I was so annoyed when Cummings produced evidence that liberal groups were also REVIEWED and some denied. No one claimed otherwise. They were upset with NO ANSWER AT ALL.

Ridiculous. No tea party group was prevented from free assembly or had their 1st amendment rights trampled.

They were scrutinized for tax free status. As they all should. Left and right.

These social welfare groups self-declare. That's right. These nonprofits say *pop*

-- I'm a non-profit - and boom, in operation. It's only later the IRS vets you. There was a slew of applications after the Citizens United decision. Cause people learned it was a great way to put dark money into political campaigns.

And make no mistake -- these people were operating as political orgs. Only the IRS has to decide what amount of political activity the group conducts. It's can;t be the primary purpose. That's how you get tax exempt status officially.

So go head and show us a 501 status self-declarer that had their application denied.

Go on. Show it. No one was stopped. No one was denied (except some liberal 501's). Delayed. That's the best you got.

She says she won't testify because she's in fear of her life, then she says she'll testify if she gets immunity. Seems to me if she's in fear of her life, she won't testify unless she gets protection, not immunity.

She says she won't testify because she's in fear of her life, then she says she'll testify if she gets immunity. Seems to me if she's in fear of her life, she won't testify unless she gets protection, not immunity.
Fear for her life? Where's that nonsense from? Is she a nutter like Issa?

What is it in those emails that leads you to think it goes to the WH?

Nothing in the emails themselves.

It is the fact that those emails existed and everyone in Congress and the White House knew, yet the White House UNPROMPTED made a comment that there was no corruption at all and it is a dead issue.

If the President was really surprised when he saw those emails, he would have been very upset and insist on a special prosecutor.

I know......"maybe he didn't know about the emails..."

Sorry....that excuse is getting old. ANYTHING that was handed over to congress was also given to the White House. It is foolish to think otherwise. The President is the one who personally appointed the current director. Surely, anything damaging that was released would be sent to the White House as well.

Fear for her life? Where's that nonsense from? Is she a nutter like Issa?

there are whackos in every state.

I have no doubt she is getting death threats.

It is insulting when a public servant who is paid by the taxpayer refuses to answer questions of the people. And in this case, she was given a 2 month paid leave and a job to come back to.

I can see that tipping some whackos over.

Ridiculous. No tea party group was prevented from free assembly or had their 1st amendment rights trampled.

They were scrutinized for tax free status. As they all should. Left and right.

These social welfare groups self-declare. That's right. These nonprofits say *pop*

-- I'm a non-profit - and boom, in operation. It's only later the IRS vets you.

Where do you get this tripe?

No donor will EVER make a tax-deductible contribution to a group that doesn't already have its nonprofit status from the IRS signed, sealed, and delivered in its pocket. Because if there's any chance the IRS will "later" announce that the group DOESN'T have 501(c)(4) status, and the donor suddenly has to pay tons of taxes on the donation, they won't make the donation in the first place.

This is fundamental. And you missed it completely?

Do your homework for cryin out loud.

For some reason Cummings, President Obama and all other democrats that have commented on this situation have forgot one basic premise...

Justice delayed is justice denied.

In this case, a delayed answer is no answer at all.
Obama, Cummings and all their fellow travelers have forgotten nothing.

"Justice delayed, justice denied" is EXACTLY the answer they wanted to give to conservatives groups who oppose them.

The only thing they are complaining about now, is that they got caught.

Last edited:
Lois seems guilty of personal misconduct at the very least. If she has nothing to hide why plead the 5th.
But the emails that were shown on tv today convince me she abused her position at the very least

Forum List

Back