Lois Lerner to take the 5th. Again.

The fifth is to protect people from government, it's not to protect government from their crimes against the people.

^that

Nonetheless, even lying slimebags like Lois Lerner have the same right to take the 5th, as innocent people do. It must be that way, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Government has no more authority to declare "exceptions" to the protections of the 5th amendment, than they have any power to declare "reasonable restrictions" in defiance of the 2nd amendment.

The Framers knew that if the government had the slightest power to find a loophole, they would drive a truck through it. True for the 5th, and true for the 2nd (as we are seeing today). So they flatly forbade ALL such exceptions.

[

Palin quit because the barrage of lawsuits wasn't declining and she was just told that while she was Governor she wasn't legally allowed to accept donations to a legal defense fund. The obvious attempt by progressive zealots to personally bankrupt her would have succeeded if she'd stayed on as Governor. The truth is that assholes like you, Joe...forced Palin into quitting. It was either quit or take her family into bankruptcy. Admit it, you're PO'd that she turned the tables on the haters and came out of it smelling like a rose. That steams you...doesn't it?

No, guy, what Steams me is that she dumbs down the conversation. Much LIke Paris Hilton or that Duck Dynasty Guy or Donald Trump or reality TV, she actually makes us stupider as a country. This Democracy thing only works well if informed people are talking about tough issues like grownup.

[
Before she accepted the position as running mate for John McCain, Palin had some of the best polling numbers of any Governor in the entire US. She was liked by Democrats because she stood up to the GOP "old boys network". That all changed as soon as she took the job of running against the main stream media's "anointed one". Look at the timeline of the barrage of ethics lawsuits that were filed against her right after she accepted the position as Vice Presidential candidate.

Before she accepted the position, all the country really saw was her resume. I mean, hey, her resume looked pretty awesome, young female governor, took moderate positions, said sensible things because she listened to her staff.

And then she proceeded to beclown herself on a national stage. She flubbed softball interviews with mainstream reporters asking pretty simple questions. McCain's own people said she refused to prep for interviews with disasterous results.

[What you saw with Palin was Chicago style politics at it's best!

Guy, I've lived in Chicago for nearly 52 years, less time I spent in the military. Do you know why Chicago politics works? Because they know how to do politics on the retail level. Because we all knew our precinct captain who stopped by before every election and made his pitch, even though he knew my Dad was a hard-core Republican, he was still able to win his vote for Dick Daley. It wasn't slandering the other guy, it was doing hard work. And frankly, Obama won because he did the hard work. Oh, yeah, and Bush fucked up, well, everything.

[
The inconvenient truth for you progressives is that Sarah Palin was ALWAYS something that Barack Obama or Joe Biden never were, nor will ever be...namely successful at being the leader of a government. You can try and denigrate Palin all you like but the fact remains...she was a great Mayor and she was a great Governor.

Wasilla is the Crystal Meth capital of Alaska, and it has all of 8000 people. Besides trying to ban books in the library and trying to fire the librarian, it's kind of hard to find ways to fuck that up.

Oh, did I mention she QUIT as governor. Resigned in a cloud of disgrace.

so when BIden and Obama and McCain were dealing with serious grown up issues, Palin was trying to censor books in the library and failing to deal with the Meth Epidemic.

Troopers dub Mat-Su area the meth capital of Alaska | Juneau Empire - Alaska's Capital City Online Newspaper

[
So we're better off with Barry and Joe? LOL Really? I say a prayer for Barack Obama everyday because I'm horrified that an idiot like Joe Biden is a heartbeat away from the Presidency. As incompetent as Obama is...I pray that he survives until the end of his term. God help us all if he doesn't.

Guy, I honestly think that a Advanced Case of Obama Derangement Syndrome like yourself really prays for Obama.

And, yes, I think we are better off. We'd be at war with Iran right now if McCain and Palin had won. GM Would have collapsed, increasing our unemployment rate by another 5 million or so. And incidently, I voted for McCain, I still mostly respect the man, but he'd have been an awful president.

[
As for how good YOU'D be as a politician? Joe, you're the guy who stuck around in a job you didn't like working for someone you loathed for six years simply because the pay was good! You'd make a GREAT politician! You'd sell out to the highest bidder in a nanosecond.

First, I didn't loathe the man for six years. He was an awful manager, but here's the thing, despite him, the company grew due to our hard work.

I also really liked the people I worked with. I maintain strong friendships with many of them six years later. Of course, the whole situation is a lot more complicated than you want to make it out to be, but most of us put up with bad behavior from our fellow hairless apes that we normally shouldn't. It's human nature.

Are there a lot of things I wish I did differently? Yup. I got an offer to take a job at the current company I work for four months before my last day. (ANd when they found out I was available, they made another offer.) Lots of things I second guess.

The one thing I don't second guess is the realization is that the kind of people who think Mitt Romney would be a wonderful president aren't on the side of working folks.

The fifth is to protect people from government, it's not to protect government from their crimes against the people.

^that

But that's not what's happening here.

Issa has every e-mail and document that Lerner sent. If there was something we needed "protection" from, he's got the evidence. What he wants is someone he can grill on the stand.

Which is EXACTLY what the FIfth Amendment is there to protect people from. Even people who work for the government.

^that

But that's not what's happening here.

Issa has every e-mail and document that Lerner sent. If there was something we needed "protection" from, he's got the evidence. What he wants is someone he can grill on the stand.

Which is EXACTLY what the FIfth Amendment is there to protect people from. Even people who work for the government.

"I refuse to testify on the grounds that it might incriminate me" If you have done nothing wrong how can telling the truth incriminate you?

its really pretty simple, joey boy. Lerner is guilty, so are her bosses, and so is obama.

[

"I refuse to testify on the grounds that it might incriminate me" If you have done nothing wrong how can telling the truth incriminate you?

its really pretty simple, joey boy. Lerner is guilty, so are her bosses, and so is obama.

Okay, Corky, you see, it's like this.

There was this guy named Cap Weinberger. And when Cap's President decided it would be just a nifty idea to sell weapons to Iran to get hostages out of Lebanon, Cap thought that was a really, really stupid idea and said so.

And then Cap testified to that in front of Congress. And Congress agreed with him that it was a stupid idea. They also asked him if he kept a diary of these events and he said, no.

Well, eventually, they prosecuted guys who actually didn't think it was a stupid idea. And these same guys then took the proceeds from those weapons sales and gave them to drug running terrorists in Central America. But those guys plead the fifth in front of Congress until they go immunity.

Well, eventually, they prosecuted "those guys" - namely Poindexter and North. And the convictions they won against them were thrown out because- hey- they had immunity when they testified! Whoops.

So guess who got prosecuted next? Well our buddy Cap, the guy who said, "Man, this is a really stupid idea, those guys are terrorists", donated his papers to the National Archives, and suddenly, that prosecutor decided that his meeting notes were really a diary, and he lied to Congress. So he got indicted. A judge threw it out, he got indicted again.

Oh, his "notes' indicated that the stuff he said to Congress is exactly what happened. He thought it was a really stupid idea and said so. But Gosh darn, he didn't think notes were a diary, and Lawrence Walsh did.

The Fifth Amendment is a "right" for a reason, and it's inthe constitution for a good reason.

[

Okay, Corky, you see, it's like this.

There was this guy named Cap Weinberger. And when Cap's President decided it would be just a nifty idea to sell weapons to Iran to get hostages out of Lebanon, Cap thought that was a really, really stupid idea and said so.

And then Cap testified to that in front of Congress. And Congress agreed with him that it was a stupid idea. They also asked him if he kept a diary of these events and he said, no.

Well, eventually, they prosecuted guys who actually didn't think it was a stupid idea. And these same guys then took the proceeds from those weapons sales and gave them to drug running terrorists in Central America. But those guys plead the fifth in front of Congress until they go immunity.

Well, eventually, they prosecuted "those guys" - namely Poindexter and North. And the convictions they won against them were thrown out because- hey- they had immunity when they testified! Whoops.

So guess who got prosecuted next? Well our buddy Cap, the guy who said, "Man, this is a really stupid idea, those guys are terrorists", donated his papers to the National Archives, and suddenly, that prosecutor decided that his meeting notes were really a diary, and he lied to Congress. So he got indicted. A judge threw it out, he got indicted again.

Oh, his "notes' indicated that the stuff he said to Congress is exactly what happened. He thought it was a really stupid idea and said so. But Gosh darn, he didn't think notes were a diary, and Lawrence Walsh did.

The Fifth Amendment is a "right" for a reason, and it's inthe constitution for a good reason.

sorry, son. But that is not a valid analogy to Lerner and the IRS targeting political enemies.

What is it with you libs and the moral equilivancy bullshit on every issue? "Reagan did it so its OK for obama to do it" "Bush did it so its OK if obama does it" Is it about getting even?

WTF is wrong with you. Wrong is wrong no matter who does it.

Innocent people do not need the 5th, no matter which party they belong to.

sorry, son. But that is not a valid analogy to Lerner and the IRS targeting political enemies.

What is it with you libs and the moral equilivancy bullshit on every issue? "Reagan did it so its OK for obama to do it" "Bush did it so its OK if obama does it" Is it about getting even?

No, innocent people DO need the fifth as a protection against abuses by the legal system, which is the point I was trying to make.

I'll give you a second case.

Scooter Libby. Scooter Libby was part of the whole Plame-Gate investigation. You know, where they supposedly outed Valerie Plame bcause her husband was critical of the war.

Except the guy who outed her was Richard Armitage, who was also critical of the war. And he outed her to Robet Novak, whowas also critical of the war. So the whole Plame-Gate thing was one big anti-war circle jerk.

BUt poor Scooter, he testified and he was straight up and honest that he had talked to reporters about Plame, not knowing she was supposedly an "undercover" operative.

YOu know what the poor guy got prosecuted for? Not remembering a conversation the same way Tim Russert did.

When the legal system becomes "politics by other means", that's whats wrong, and it's wrong when the left or the right does it.

Lerner excercising her constitutional rights. That's not wrong.

No, innocent people DO need the fifth as a protection against abuses by the legal system, which is the point I was trying to make.

I'll give you a second case.

Scooter Libby. Scooter Libby was part of the whole Plame-Gate investigation. You know, where they supposedly outed Valerie Plame bcause her husband was critical of the war.

Except the guy who outed her was Richard Armitage, who was also critical of the war. And he outed her to Robet Novak, whowas also critical of the war. So the whole Plame-Gate thing was one big anti-war circle jerk.

BUt poor Scooter, he testified and he was straight up and honest that he had talked to reporters about Plame, not knowing she was supposedly an "undercover" operative.

YOu know what the poor guy got prosecuted for? Not remembering a conversation the same way Tim Russert did.

When the legal system becomes "politics by other means", that's whats wrong, and it's wrong when the left or the right does it.

Lerner excercising her constitutional rights. That's not wrong.

Lerner isn't innocent. Thus she needs to no protection. She needs justice.
And yeah, the equivalence thing is getting old. The cases aren't comparable.

[

Palin quit because the barrage of lawsuits wasn't declining and she was just told that while she was Governor she wasn't legally allowed to accept donations to a legal defense fund. The obvious attempt by progressive zealots to personally bankrupt her would have succeeded if she'd stayed on as Governor. The truth is that assholes like you, Joe...forced Palin into quitting. It was either quit or take her family into bankruptcy. Admit it, you're PO'd that she turned the tables on the haters and came out of it smelling like a rose. That steams you...doesn't it?

No, guy, what Steams me is that she dumbs down the conversation. Much LIke Paris Hilton or that Duck Dynasty Guy or Donald Trump or reality TV, she actually makes us stupider as a country. This Democracy thing only works well if informed people are talking about tough issues like grownup.

[
Before she accepted the position as running mate for John McCain, Palin had some of the best polling numbers of any Governor in the entire US. She was liked by Democrats because she stood up to the GOP "old boys network". That all changed as soon as she took the job of running against the main stream media's "anointed one". Look at the timeline of the barrage of ethics lawsuits that were filed against her right after she accepted the position as Vice Presidential candidate.

Before she accepted the position, all the country really saw was her resume. I mean, hey, her resume looked pretty awesome, young female governor, took moderate positions, said sensible things because she listened to her staff.

And then she proceeded to beclown herself on a national stage. She flubbed softball interviews with mainstream reporters asking pretty simple questions. McCain's own people said she refused to prep for interviews with disasterous results.

Guy, I've lived in Chicago for nearly 52 years, less time I spent in the military. Do you know why Chicago politics works? Because they know how to do politics on the retail level. Because we all knew our precinct captain who stopped by before every election and made his pitch, even though he knew my Dad was a hard-core Republican, he was still able to win his vote for Dick Daley. It wasn't slandering the other guy, it was doing hard work. And frankly, Obama won because he did the hard work. Oh, yeah, and Bush fucked up, well, everything.

[
The inconvenient truth for you progressives is that Sarah Palin was ALWAYS something that Barack Obama or Joe Biden never were, nor will ever be...namely successful at being the leader of a government. You can try and denigrate Palin all you like but the fact remains...she was a great Mayor and she was a great Governor.

Wasilla is the Crystal Meth capital of Alaska, and it has all of 8000 people. Besides trying to ban books in the library and trying to fire the librarian, it's kind of hard to find ways to fuck that up.

so when BIden and Obama and McCain were dealing with serious grown up issues, Palin was trying to censor books in the library and failing to deal with the Meth Epidemic.

Troopers dub Mat-Su area the meth capital of Alaska | Juneau Empire - Alaska's Capital City Online Newspaper

Since part of that "hard work" included using the IRS against political opponents, it's obvious that the "Chicago Way" is about as sleazy as it gets. But you'll continue to defend these assholes because you're an Obama apologist.

So now you're blaming Sarah Palin for Crystal Meth use in the area? LOL Wow...that's reaching even for an Obama Kool Aid drinker! The fact is, Sarah Palin did wonders for Wasilla's economy which is why she was reelected Mayor by an overwhelming majority and was even elected President of the Alaskan Conference of Mayors.

As for Obama dealing with "grown up issues"? He spends time on his NCAA tourney bracket while Putin is stealing Crimea from the Ukraine. Yeah, that Barry is SUCH a grown up!!!

^that

Nonetheless, even lying slimebags like Lois Lerner have the same right to take the 5th, as innocent people do. It must be that way, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Government has no more authority to declare "exceptions" to the protections of the 5th amendment, than they have any power to declare "reasonable restrictions" in defiance of the 2nd amendment.

The Framers knew that if the government had the slightest power to find a loophole, they would drive a truck through it. True for the 5th, and true for the 2nd (as we are seeing today). So they flatly forbade ALL such exceptions.

I'm not sure how using it to protect crimes by government expands anyone's liberty, and it certainly reduces a great many people's liberty.

Keep in mind, I'm proposing we change the system. Going forward, you would be informed that if you chose to work for the Federal government, your rights may be restricted if you commit crimes. If you don't want to take the deal, you have the right to not work for government. And that's why I specifically exempted people who are forced to work for government by being drafted.

[

um, yeah, actually, they really are.

Scooter felt that Plame and Wilson needed to be put in context. He probably didn't mean to break any laws, and he probably didn't, but Gosh Darn It, Fitzgerald spent all this time and money and he was going to get someone for something. Evidence be damned.

Lerner felt that they really needed one office to look at all this Teabagging Fraud. SHe probaby didn't break any laws, but Issa is goign to get someone for something. Evidence be damned.

[

Since part of that "hard work" included using the IRS against political opponents, it's obvious that the "Chicago Way" is about as sleazy as it gets. But you'll continue to defend these assholes because you're an Obama apologist.

Um, yeah, guy, you are jumping all over the place here. What did the IRS have to do with people pointing out that Bible SPice was ethically challenged in office? Can we please stick to one set of paranoid speculation, please.

Most of us WANT the IRS to investigate tax fraud. The Teabaggers were committing fraud. Not a problem as far as I'm concerned.

[
So now you're blaming Sarah Palin for Crystal Meth use in the area? LOL Wow...that's reaching even for an Obama Kool Aid drinker! The fact is, Sarah Palin did wonders for Wasilla's economy which is why she was reelected Mayor by an overwhelming majority and was even elected President of the Alaskan Conference of Mayors.

Uh, she was in charge of the police force. Cyrstal Meth production exploded under her watch. I guess Caribou Barbie is totally awesome if you never hold her to account for anything.

As for Obama dealing with "grown up issues"? He spends time on his NCAA tourney bracket while Putin is stealing Crimea from the Ukraine. Yeah, that Barry is SUCH a grown up!!!

Explain to me again why I should give a fuck who controls the Crimea.

Thanks.

Incidently,t he Crimea was RUssia's to give or take back. Sorry. Russia gave it to the Ukraine in the 1950's, they took it back when the Ukrainians were acting like shitheads.

[

Scooter felt that Plame and Wilson needed to be put in context. He probably didn't mean to break any laws, and he probably didn't, but Gosh Darn It, Fitzgerald spent all this time and money and he was going to get someone for something. Evidence be damned.

Lerner felt that they really needed one office to look at all this Teabagging Fraud. SHe probaby didn't break any laws, but Issa is goign to get someone for something. Evidence be damned.

Scooter Libby broke no laws whatsoever. He certainly did nothing illegal for political gain. The same cannot be said of Lerner. There was no teabagging fraud. The only teabagging fraud around here is you, Joe.

[

Um, yeah, guy, you are jumping all over the place here. What did the IRS have to do with people pointing out that Bible SPice was ethically challenged in office? Can we please stick to one set of paranoid speculation, please.

Most of us WANT the IRS to investigate tax fraud. The Teabaggers were committing fraud. Not a problem as far as I'm concerned.

[

Uh, she was in charge of the police force. Cyrstal Meth production exploded under her watch. I guess Caribou Barbie is totally awesome if you never hold her to account for anything.

Most of us DO want the IRS to investigate tax fraud! What any INTELLIGENT person also wants is for the IRS to be non-political! In this case it was not! You liberals used the IRS to handicap your political opponents...something that even Nixon failed to pull off. But you don't care about that...do you, Joe? You don't care because it was conservatives being targeted and you're a knee jerk liberal. What that tells me is that you're NOT intelligent enough to understand that ANY administration that can get away with using the IRS against it's opposition has created an incredibly dangerous precedent. What was done to conservatives THIS TIME could very well be done to liberals NEXT TIME!

As for Palin being responsible for an increase in Crystal Meth production in the Wasilla area? That's such a pathetic attempt to slime someone that all I can do is laugh at you. If THAT is the best criticism you can find to level against Palin...it's a pretty good indication of how good a Mayor she was! The other indication would be the OVERWHELMING number of people who voted for her when she ran for re-election.

Governor Palin Announces New Direction for Department of Public Safety
[

[

[

That's cute. Palin was so accomplished she scared the crap out of the dems and they succeeded in once again destroying a great candidates chances by filing false suits, digging up any misdeed in her entire family's history, and charged her through enuendo only-just as they do with any gop candidate they fear, because they know if the truth of her accomplishments were ever widely found out, their candidate would not have a chance.

And what the heck does Palin have to do with Lerner? Can't stay on topic because you have lost any argument you might have had?

Last edited:
[

Scooter Libby broke no laws whatsoever. He certainly did nothing illegal for political gain. The same cannot be said of Lerner. There was no teabagging fraud. The only teabagging fraud around here is you, Joe.

A jury disagreed. They found him guilty of perjury and lying to investigators.

I think he got a raw deal. But the fact is, because he didn't plead the fifth, Fitzgerald was able to railroad him. Lerner isn't going to make that mistake.

I'm still trying to get what laws Lerner broke, exactly. SCOTUS left it up to the IRS to determine who was entitled to those exemptions.

I also wonder how a Bush appointee who has been described as "apolitical" by most people who know her did something for "political gain", exactly.

[

Most of us DO want the IRS to investigate tax fraud! What any INTELLIGENT person also wants is for the IRS to be non-political! In this case it was not! You liberals used the IRS to handicap your political opponents...something that even Nixon failed to pull off. But you don't care about that...do you, Joe? You don't care because it was conservatives being targeted and you're a knee jerk liberal. What that tells me is that you're NOT intelligent enough to understand that ANY administration that can get away with using the IRS against it's opposition has created an incredibly dangerous precedent. What was done to conservatives THIS TIME could very well be done to liberals NEXT TIME!

Guy, i'm not that worried about conservatives getting back into power. There simply aren't enough angry old white guys left for you to win elections. Maybe instead of worrying about your fraudulent tax exemptions, you need to get right with women, minorities and working folks.

Of course, nothing the IRS did really 'handicapped" the Teabaggers. I know you guys need to blame someone for your loss, but it wasn't because you couldn't get a fraudulent tax exemption.

Here's the thing. WHen creeps like the Koch Brothers try to buy our democracy, I WANT the IRS to sniff that out. And if you had a lick of sense, so would you.

[
As for Palin being responsible for an increase in Crystal Meth production in the Wasilla area? That's such a pathetic attempt to slime someone that all I can do is laugh at you. If THAT is the best criticism you can find to level against Palin...it's a pretty good indication of how good a Mayor she was! The other indication would be the OVERWHELMING number of people who voted for her when she ran for re-election.

Again, its' a town of 8000 people. In Chicago, that's considered a small suburb.

But, hey, how close was Palin to the Meth Dealers?

Remember Levi Johnston, the kid who knocked up her daughter Bristol? The one who was quickly cleaned up and lined up for a shotgun marriage but thankfully Palin lost and they didn't screw up his life?

Well, hey, did you hear this about his mom?

Sherry Johnston, Levi's mother, is sentenced to 3 years | Mat-Su | ADN.com

Sherry Johnston was sentenced Friday to three years in prison for dealing the prescription painkiller OxyContin.

Johnston is the mother of Levi Johnston, who is the father of former Gov. Sarah Palin's grandchild, Tripp.

Johnston made a deal with prosecutors to plead to a single felony count in exchange for dropping five other felony drug dealing charges against her. The deal called for the 42-year-old Wasilla woman to be sentenced to three years of prison time plus three years of probation, which is what the judge gave her.

This is the point where you guys tell me you are the party of family values again and I laugh hysterically.

Forum List

Back