Lois Lerner to take the 5th. Again.

No, he should not have been able to plead the fifth
Josh Bolton and Harriet Myers also refused to testify.

You know, there is a reason our Founders put the 5th Amendment in there.

Kangaroo Courts do a lousy job of routing out shit.

Issa screwed up...and I have said many times, if there is criminal behavior going on at the IRS, I want to know about it...but Issa is inept beyond inept.

There's just no helping that boy. He's a mess. And he proved it with aplomb this last episode.

The fifth is to protect people from government, it's not to protect government from their crimes against the people.
I guess Lois Lerner isn't people.

We'll have to add Ollie North as persona non people too.

I guess.

Issa screwed up...and I have said many times, if there is criminal behavior going on at the IRS, I want to know about it...but Issa is inept beyond inept.

There's just no helping that boy. He's a mess. And he proved it with aplomb this last episode.

The fifth is to protect people from government, it's not to protect government from their crimes against the people.

I guess.

The reason Lois Lerner retired is because she knew that she would be fired if she continued to take the Fifth. Government employees cannot refuse to give testimony to Congress without it having consequences for their employment.

I guess.

First, you don't know the difference between "the people" and "people." It's not the same.

Second, I got you. Protecting people from government and protecting the right of people to use government guns to oppress the people is the same thing. That's a good argument, do you write your own material?

...Said the ill informed partisan hack.

Partisan hack? LOL You're the one who just applauded Joe's pathetic attempt to justify what was done to Sarah Palin following the 2008 elections. You call that "Kick Ass!" Hard to envision something that fits the definition of "partisan hack" more than that!

But then Progressives are known for espousing a "do as I say...not as I do" philosophy. Why should I expect anything different now?
If you don't think Rabbid isn't a partisan hack, I got a GW bridge to sell you.

I haven't seen much evidence you're not a partisan hack yourself.

Drink ome up smore Palin juice. You wear it well.

"mixed metaphor...noun...the use in the same expression of two or more metaphors that are incongruous or illogical when combined, as in “The president will put the ship of state on its feet.”

Duh?

What I find amusing is that you gave me neg rep with a "mature, well thought out" response "rightbackatchadirtbag!" while at the same time you avoided answering my post here on the board.

That's pretty much status quo for you though...

The difference between us is that if I give neg rep it's usually for something you've posted that you either can't defend or won't defend...you give it for revenge.

Which makes me understand why you think what happened to Sarah Palin is so "Kick Ass"! It's exactly the kind of cowardly method that you employ.
You negged me first chucky -- and yes, you get one ritebackatcha.

Don't like it? Too bad.

You're on a tear because I agreed Joe's post was kick ass, and man it just boils your bones, donut?

Here, in fact I liked it so much, I'll post it again.

What was that old saying about Winners never quit and quitters never win? Fact is, all of those ethics charges were brought within her own state, and most of them by long before McCain failed to vet her before putting her on the ticket. Such as the incident where she fired the head of the state Police because he wouldn't fire her ex-brother in law.

OH, I agree, she did laugh all the way to the bank, but who was she laughing at? YOu see, the funny thing about Palin was that she was a moderate to conservative when she was governor. FOr instance, her office issued papers that said, yeah, global warming is a real thing, and we have buildings collapsing up here because the permafrost beneath them is melting.

Of course, since leaving, she's become a full-out Faux News Celebritard, completely joining the Koch Brothers Flat Earth Society. And you guys are lapping it up. Of course, she still mostly broke, because you can take the girl out of the trailer park, but you can't take the trailer park out of the girl.

[
As for what Palin predicted? Sorry, Joe but she was the only one who called it EXACTLY like it went down. She was mocked for her lack of foreign affairs expertise (like Barry ever had or will ever HAVE any of that!) and her comment about being able to see Russia from her house (something obviously meant figuratively not literally!) but when push came to shove it was "Caribou Barbie" that got it right and Barack Obama and Joe Biden didn't have a CLUE about Russia or Putin! I know that's hard for you liberals to admit...that Palin WASN'T stupid at all...but it's so obvious that she had more common sense than our present President and Vice President will ever have!

Um, no, she really didn't get it anywhere near right. Maybe someone on McCain's staff got it right, writing a speech with a few dozen points that she read off a teleprompter.

So let's look at what she said at the time...

"After the Russian Army invaded the nation of Georgia, Senator Obama’s reaction was one of indecision and moral equivalence, the kind of response that would only encourage Russia’s Putin to invade Ukraine next.”

Um. Okay. Except that Senator McCain (her Running-mate) was equally indifferent to Russia invading Georgia (or more specifically, the breakway region of South Ossetia) and President Bush (remember him?) did a lot less about that than Obama has done about the "invasion" of Crimea.

Keep in mind, her argument was that a SENATOR really didn't consider the Russian intervention in Georgia a big deal when her running mate and the President of her own party didn't consider it all the big of a deal, either.

Incidently, never at any point does Caribou Barbie mention the Crimea specifically or understand that possession of the Crimea was granted to Ukraine by Russia when they were both in the USSR. Because, clearly, she is not sophisticated enough to realize that 95% of the population of the Crimea is ethnically Russian, and really have no interest in being part of a Ukraine that begs for the EU's scraps.
^ Kick ass post.

Joe's post is as stupid NOW as it was when you first creamed yourself over it, Paper.

As for WHEN you gave your neg? It's obvious that you couldn't find fault with what I posted because you avoided answering it. That's the difference between you and I...I give neg rep when someone's specific POST warrants it...as opposed to you, who did so not because the logic behind a post was ridiculous but simply to get revenge. You didn't neg a specific post because that would require you to dispute it in a logical manner...something you're obviously incapable of doing.

Last edited:
Oliver North plead the Fifth.

Were you OK with that?

No, he should not have been able to plead the fifth

Just curious...do you want to know about that criminal behavior if it's linked to this White House as it appears to be? I'm guessing the answer to that is a big fat NO? All Issa is trying to do is get answers from Lerner and the people she was answering to in the Obama White House. If you REALLY want to know about it then you should be calling on Lerner to testify. I think we both know that call won't be coming anytime soon because I think we both suspect that responsibility for this didn't stop at Lerner.

[
Ok, Joe...show me one single ethics charge out of the multitude that were brought against her following the election loss that Palin lost? Those cases were so frivolous that they were ALL thrown out by judges before going to trial! The people that brought them KNEW that they were frivolous...KNEW that Palin would win in each case...yet they kept filing them one after another with the sole intention of trying to personally bankrupt someone because they DARED to run against Barack Obama and you Progressives. Think about that!!! It wasn't enough to let the voters decide...you assholes decided that you needed to punish someone for running for office as a conservative to such an extent that people would think twice about running again. The sleaziness of that move is appalling...yet progressives like you and Paper applaud it. That disgusts me.

Okay, here's the list.

THe first three were filed BEFORE McCain picked her.

Ethics complaints filed against Palin | Former Gov. Sarah Palin | ADN.com

The top one was the firing of Walt Monegan as PUblic Safety Director because he refused to fire her brother in law. ANd contrary to your claim they were all thrown out.

Stephen Branchflower, a special counsel leading the investigation, concluded Oct. 10 that Palin violated a state ethics law that prohibits public officials from using their office for personal gain. The firing itself was deemed lawful since Monegan was an at-will employee.

Also, frankly, ethics complaints are really part of the territory as a public official. The two ways to avoid them is

1) Don't do anything that's kind of questionable.
2) Make sure you have crack lawyers to answer charges.

Incidently, after Ken Starr's 70 million dollar panty sniffing investigation, the right really doesn't have a leg to stand on.

We should be glad we dodged a bullet. Imagine what a Special Counsel would have done with Palin's behavior.

And all Joe's post about Palin and Russia proved is that she was EXACTLY right about the topic when asked about it in that debate! Palin had it right...and Joe Biden had it wrong. Yet Palin was mocked on her comments about Russia. So tell me, Paper...will an apology be forthcoming from you folks on the far left that questioned Palin's intelligence? Perhaps you'd like to tell me what Joe Biden (the guy you all declared such an "expert" on foreign affairs) has been doing during this current crisis with Russia? It seems like he's been locked away in a closet somewhere where he can't say something incredibly stupid.

First, Palin's comments on Russia and Georgia - the one that neither her running mate or President took any action on - were not said in the debate with Senator Biden.

They were said in a speech in October 2008, when she laid out four scenarios, three of which didn't happen at all.

And yes, at the time, she deserved to be mocked, because the scenario she laid out did not involve the overthrow of the LEGITIMATELY ELECTED government of hte Ukraine by a mob.

OH, and here's another tidbit. Obama's reaction was just as strong as McCain's was to the invasion of SOuth Ossettia by Russia.

Sarah Palin Thinks She Predicted A Russian Invasion Of Ukraine (w/Video) | News Corpse

Obama: There is no possible justification for these attacks. I reiterate my call for Russia to stop its bombing campaign, to stop flights of Russian aircraft in Georgian airspace, and to withdraw its ground forces from Georgia.

McCain: Russia should immediately and unconditionally cease its military operations and withdraw all forces from sovereign Georgian territory.

Hmmm... sounds like they were pretty much on the same page as to South Ossetia.

But Bible Spice used the words "Russia" and "Ukraine" in a sentence and only sounded SLIGHTLY retarded.

[

Just curious...do you want to know about that criminal behavior if it's linked to this White House as it appears to be? I'm guessing the answer to that is a big fat NO? All Issa is trying to do is get answers from Lerner and the people she was answering to in the Obama White House. If you REALLY want to know about it then you should be calling on Lerner to testify. I think we both know that call won't be coming anytime soon because I think we both suspect that responsibility for this didn't stop at Lerner.

I would never demand anyone tie herself to the stake during a witch hunt.

If Issa wants her testimony that bad, he should offer her immunity and take his chances.

[
Ok, Joe...show me one single ethics charge out of the multitude that were brought against her following the election loss that Palin lost? Those cases were so frivolous that they were ALL thrown out by judges before going to trial! The people that brought them KNEW that they were frivolous...KNEW that Palin would win in each case...yet they kept filing them one after another with the sole intention of trying to personally bankrupt someone because they DARED to run against Barack Obama and you Progressives. Think about that!!! It wasn't enough to let the voters decide...you assholes decided that you needed to punish someone for running for office as a conservative to such an extent that people would think twice about running again. The sleaziness of that move is appalling...yet progressives like you and Paper applaud it. That disgusts me.

Okay, here's the list.

THe first three were filed BEFORE McCain picked her.

Ethics complaints filed against Palin | Former Gov. Sarah Palin | ADN.com

The top one was the firing of Walt Monegan as PUblic Safety Director because he refused to fire her brother in law. ANd contrary to your claim they were all thrown out.

Stephen Branchflower, a special counsel leading the investigation, concluded Oct. 10 that Palin violated a state ethics law that prohibits public officials from using their office for personal gain. The firing itself was deemed lawful since Monegan was an at-will employee.

Also, frankly, ethics complaints are really part of the territory as a public official. The two ways to avoid them is

1) Don't do anything that's kind of questionable.
2) Make sure you have crack lawyers to answer charges.

Incidently, after Ken Starr's 70 million dollar panty sniffing investigation, the right really doesn't have a leg to stand on.

We should be glad we dodged a bullet. Imagine what a Special Counsel would have done with Palin's behavior.

Is English your second language, Joe...or are you just a little "slow"?

My entire point was about the frivolous ethics lawsuits that were brought against Palin following the 2008 election...the frivolous lawsuits that all got throw out by judges before they went to trial...the frivolous lawsuits that had only one purpose and that was to try and bankrupt Palin personally. You called her a quitter. What really took place was that Palin decided to resign her office so that she COULD accept outside donations to her legal defense fund so that she WOULDN'T be put into bankruptcy...one more example of Sarah Palin's innate intelligence. She took a sleazy, spiteful attempt by progressives to harm her and her family (simply because she ran for public office as a conservative) and turned it around to her benefit. She was able to write and sell a best selling book, get a high paying job working as an analyst on FOX News and still have time to be a national spokesperson for conservatives running for office. In short..."Caribou Barbie" outsmarted the progressive shit heads that weren't satisfied to simply defeat Palin at the polls but decided to carry out a scorched earth campaign to totally destroy her.

So with that in mind...would you like to name a single ethics lawsuit that was filed against Palin following the election that wasn't thrown out of court before it went to trial by judges that ruled they had no merit?

And what is REALLY amusing is that the one example of an ethics case that wasn't thrown out (even though it was filed before the election and didn't meet the criteria asked for) that you DID provide was settled in court in Palin's favor! You disproved your own allegation with your own post, you buffoon!

Is English your second language, Joe...or are you just a little "slow"?

My entire point was about the frivolous ethics lawsuits that were brought against Palin following the 2008 election...the frivolous lawsuits that all got throw out by judges before they went to trial...the frivolous lawsuits that had only one purpose and that was to try and bankrupt Palin personally. You called her a quitter. What really took place was that Palin decided to resign her office so that she COULD accept outside donations to her legal defense fund so that she WOULDN'T be put into bankruptcy...one more example of Sarah Palin's innate intelligence. She took a sleazy, spiteful attempt by progressives to harm her and her family (simply because she ran for public office as a conservative) and turned it around to her benefit. She was able to write and sell a best selling book, get a high paying job working as an analyst on FOX News and still have time to be a national spokesperson for conservatives running for office. In short..."Caribou Barbie" outsmarted the progressive shit heads that weren't satisfied to simply defeat Palin at the polls but decided to carry out a scorched earth campaign to totally destroy her.

So with that in mind...would you like to name a single ethics lawsuit that was filed against Palin following the election that wasn't thrown out of court before it went to trial by judges that ruled they had no merit?

Why should I have to? The stuff she did before the election was bad enough.

I mean, you really honestly think Bible Spice is smart? IF those charges were dismissed, she could turn around and bill the state for them.

Now, I will agree, her marketting people she's put around her are clever. They've found a way to market her a Celebrity Retard, and when she isn't doing bad Reality TV, she's throwing red meat to the stupids.

Getting back to why I'm not a Republican anymore, it's hard to take you all seriously when all you have are Reality TV Rodeo Clowns and not people with serious ideas.

Hey, remember that big speech she gave at the GOP National Convention in 2012?

Um. That's right. She didn't have one, because she so beclowned herself even the guy in the Magic Underwear didn't want to be seen with her.

And what is REALLY amusing is that the one example of an ethics case that wasn't thrown out (even though it was filed before the election and didn't meet the criteria asked for) that you DID provide was settled in court in Palin's favor! You disproved your own allegation with your own post, you buffoon!

Yawn, guy, i just find it laughable you really think Caribou Barbie is smart. You totally avoid any discussion about how she really didn't predict anything, or that Obama's reaction to Ukraine was much stronger than BUsh/McCain's reaction to Georgia.

So basically you don't HAVE an example of an ethics charge that wasn't thrown out and would now like to change the subject to "Magic Pants"? Does that about sum it up? LOL Wow...

So basically you don't HAVE an example of an ethics charge that wasn't thrown out and would now like to change the subject to "Magic Pants"? Does that about sum it up? LOL Wow...

Again, that was the point you were arguing, I really didn't give a fuck.

If they were without merit, she should have stayed and fought.

Now the epitath is "Quit under a cloud of scrutiny and Scandal".

She quit.

Now, I know you don't get this, but that's no small thing. When she ran for office, there were people who voted for her, knocked on doors, raised money, made phone calls on her behalf, and so on.

And she said to all those folks, 'Meh, screw you, screw your hard work on my behalf, Faux News is offering me a contract they are going to regret the minute they realize I'm kind of stupid."

The thing about it is, Republicans in Alaska were just as happy to see her go as Democrats.

Hate to break this to you, Joe...but compared to YOU, Sarah Palin is a freakin' Mensa candidate!

No, she's really not.

I can name SCOTUS cases that are examples of overreach other than Roe v. Wade.

I can tell you which Korea is our Ally.

I can tell you what newspapers and magazines I read.

I know Paul Revere didn't warn the British.

And here's the thing.

I'm not a professional politician. I don't do politics for a living. I'd probably be bad at it, because I have a bad habit of saying what I'm thinking and not what people want to hear.

But she's a professional politician who wanted to be "Stand-by President".

You see, what you don't seem to get is that the people who've screamed the loudest about what an idiot she was are the people who WORKED FOR JOHN McCAIN.

Again, that was the point you were arguing, I really didn't give a fuck.

If they were without merit, she should have stayed and fought.

Now the epitath is "Quit under a cloud of scrutiny and Scandal".

She quit.

Now, I know you don't get this, but that's no small thing. When she ran for office, there were people who voted for her, knocked on doors, raised money, made phone calls on her behalf, and so on.

And she said to all those folks, 'Meh, screw you, screw your hard work on my behalf, Faux News is offering me a contract they are going to regret the minute they realize I'm kind of stupid."

The thing about it is, Republicans in Alaska were just as happy to see her go as Democrats.

Palin quit because the barrage of lawsuits wasn't declining and she was just told that while she was Governor she wasn't legally allowed to accept donations to a legal defense fund. The obvious attempt by progressive zealots to personally bankrupt her would have succeeded if she'd stayed on as Governor. The truth is that assholes like you, Joe...forced Palin into quitting. It was either quit or take her family into bankruptcy. Admit it, you're PO'd that she turned the tables on the haters and came out of it smelling like a rose. That steams you...doesn't it?

Before she accepted the position as running mate for John McCain, Palin had some of the best polling numbers of any Governor in the entire US. She was liked by Democrats because she stood up to the GOP "old boys network". That all changed as soon as she took the job of running against the main stream media's "anointed one". Look at the timeline of the barrage of ethics lawsuits that were filed against her right after she accepted the position as Vice Presidential candidate. What you saw with Palin was Chicago style politics at it's best!

The inconvenient truth for you progressives is that Sarah Palin was ALWAYS something that Barack Obama or Joe Biden never were, nor will ever be...namely successful at being the leader of a government. You can try and denigrate Palin all you like but the fact remains...she was a great Mayor and she was a great Governor.

Last edited:
Hate to break this to you, Joe...but compared to YOU, Sarah Palin is a freakin' Mensa candidate!

No, she's really not.

I can name SCOTUS cases that are examples of overreach other than Roe v. Wade.

I can tell you which Korea is our Ally.

I can tell you what newspapers and magazines I read.

I know Paul Revere didn't warn the British.

And here's the thing.

I'm not a professional politician. I don't do politics for a living. I'd probably be bad at it, because I have a bad habit of saying what I'm thinking and not what people want to hear.

But she's a professional politician who wanted to be "Stand-by President".

You see, what you don't seem to get is that the people who've screamed the loudest about what an idiot she was are the people who WORKED FOR JOHN McCAIN.

So we're better off with Barry and Joe? LOL Really? I say a prayer for Barack Obama everyday because I'm horrified that an idiot like Joe Biden is a heartbeat away from the Presidency. As incompetent as Obama is...I pray that he survives until the end of his term. God help us all if he doesn't.

As for how good YOU'D be as a politician? Joe, you're the guy who stuck around in a job you didn't like working for someone you loathed for six years simply because the pay was good! You'd make a GREAT politician! You'd sell out to the highest bidder in a nanosecond.

Forum List

Back