Lost our Beloved Stubby yesterday

Lovebears65

Gold Member
Apr 17, 2011
He was a 15 yr old Wiener dog /Rottie mix yes a weird combo but he was the sweetest dog you ever wanted to meet. Anyone who met him has fell in love with him. We called him our Pet pig because if your hand was any where near him he had his head under it and expected a pet. We saved him at the pound when he had less then 24 hours to live and he has never disappointed us once!! . Hubby is devastated as am I .. He went into kidney failure and we had to put him down yesterday morning. He is now over the Rainbow bridge playing with Piper who we just lost in March and Bailey who we lost last year. NOt a good year for us and our fur babies. We just got a new puppy a few weeks ago so I hope he mends our hearts..

((( I am sorry Lovebears65 :( )))

I am sure that with time your new puppy will mend your heart and bring you comfort.

I wish you all the best!

My condolences.

I know how hard it is to lose family.

I remember each and every of my dog kin that have passed.

He was a 15 yr old Wiener dog /Rottie mix yes a weird combo but he was the sweetest dog you ever wanted to meet. Anyone who met him has fell in love with him. We called him our Pet pig because if your hand was any where near him he had his head under it and expected a pet. We saved him at the pound when he had less then 24 hours to live and he has never disappointed us once!! . Hubby is devastated as am I .. He went into kidney failure and we had to put him down yesterday morning. He is now over the Rainbow bridge playing with Piper who we just lost in March and Bailey who we lost last year. NOt a good year for us and our fur babies. We just got a new puppy a few weeks ago so I hope he mends our hearts..

I'm so very sorry Lovebears65. That is a lot of grief you have been through. That new puppy is going to bring you much laughter and love. One door closes; another opens, so it is said and that has worked always for me. May it for you. That little pup is one lucky little guy. :)

Thanks everyone. It was so sad to wake up this morning and stubby not being there waiting for his morning cookie

Very sorry to hear that.

But on the bright side, they say things happen in threes so you have filled your quota of bad and are now due three great things next.

So sorry for the loss of Stubby, Lovebear. :( He sounded like a Sweetheart, and you have many wonderful memories of him. He will be running and playing with Piper and Bailey now and having fun. Your new puppy will give you alot of love and will have it's own special qualities to help mend your hearts.

So very sorry Lovebears65.

Not to take you off the path but to lighten your load, allow my to share a story.

Last Spring my children wanted to get a turtle.

We checked around, did our research, went to the pet store, got the turtle.
The manager of the store told us he had a turtle. He suggested we let our turtle float in our back yard fountain on a 'leaf'. So we did.

The next morning we wake up to find the turtle out on the lawn, missing portions of two of his legs. It looked as though an eagle had swooped up on him.
We rush him to the vet. After a few hundred dollars we are told that even if he survived surgery he would not be able to take care of himself.
We made the right decision to put him down.

When they asked us what his name was, we all looked at each other. We hadn't had him long enough to name him.
Through the tears one of us blurts out "Stubby!"
Then we busted out laughing while still crying.

Silly turtle touched our hearts in < 24 hours.

“People are born so that they can learn how to live a good life – like loving everybody all the time and being nice, right?”

The six-year-old continued, “Well, dogs already know how to do that, so they don’t have to stay as long.”

A Dog's Purpose According To A 6 Year Old

Forum List

Back