🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Lots Of Motorcycle Crashes Now

I am not joking here...I have seen a couple HORRIFIC accidents in Thailand involving motorbikes.

Like I wish I hadn't seen them.

Horrible.

One involved a very young girl.

She is no longer with us.

Oh my and that is something you can't unsee, how terrible.

Oh my and that is something you can't unsee, how terrible.
She didn't suffer...it was brutal and fast...but it was needless.

The boy driving...probably her boyfriend...was to blame.

Racing through traffic...Bangkok has HORRID traffic.

They were slicing through very fast on a crowded street...in a group of other young bikers.

Large truck pulled out...he swerved...she went off and under the truck.

I saw another guy doing pretty much the same thing hit the back of a bus.

I don't know if he died...but probably.

There is a derogatory term in Thailand for these bike groups...'Skoi'.

I guess its the trill of speed that gets them. I rode a dirt bike when I was younger and knew then to never want a bike. I use to love to drag race in the 60s and 70s. We did lots of drag racing. One of the fastest was a 396 Chevell four in the floor.
Anyway back to subject I did like seeing all those bikers going to DC for Trump. It made me feel good for a little while seeing Americans standing up.
Then they went after them too at Waco Tx. and America just sat back and let it happen. Went sll over America locking up bikers. Swat should be ashamed of themselves.
Bijers be careful lots of nutty drivers out there.
I still ride snowmobiles, but my old Honda street bike has engine issues and not worth the cost of rebuilding. Maybe someday will have another.
I have had the sled over 100mph a few times, but the motorcycle with an aftermarket windshield was too unstable over 85mph.
Funny thing is, the wife says I drive my car like an old man, but get me on a toy, and see ya!

Had more than a few close calls, from other drivers to wildlife.

Another thing is debris in the road. We have so many idiots who don't secure the crap in the back of their truck and it ends up on the road. You hit a water cooler or a piece of pipe on a motorcycle at highway speed, it's pretty much game over.

Another thing is debris in the road. We have so many idiots who don't secure the crap in the back of their truck and it ends up on the road. You hit a water cooler or a piece of pipe on a motorcycle at highway speed, it's pretty much game over.
One time on the bike, a pickup lost an empty cardboard box from a fridge. Had to swerve into the shoulder to avoid it at highway speed.

This video was local here in Mpls a few years ago of a bike catching an unsecured boat mat.

I don't own a crotch-rocket, seen too many friends maimed while riding them.
I have never heard anyone call a motorcycle a crotch-rocket. My mom lost a friend back in the 70s due to a motorcycle accident. He was laid to rest four days before Christmas.

God bless you and my mom and his family always!!!

Holly

Last edited:
I have never heard anyone call a motorcycle a crotch-rocket. My mom lost a friend back in the 70s due to a motorcycle accident. He was laid to rest four days before Christmas.

God bless you and my mom and his family always!!!

Holly
Crotch rocket is a nickname for the types of motorcycles designed for speed, often Japanese makes. Harleys for example are not crotch rockets.

I don't understand this name. To me, a motorcycle is just a bike that doesn't need to be pedaled because of it having an engine like a car does.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Those are lightweight racing motorcycles built for excessive speed handled usually by first time inexperienced riders.
Most have to be on risk insurance due to the high number of casualties on those type of bikes.
The Donor refers to organ donation.

Yeah those type of motorcycles are ridden 'cafe style' prostrate, laying forward head-first. A friend of mine got his brains scrambled flying head first in a horrific accident. He was never the same.
They look uncomfortable as hell.
Rather ride a cruiser with a backrest for my old body.

They look uncomfortable as hell.
Rather ride a cruiser with a backrest for my old body.
Yep...
1646610802413.png

Forum List

Back