Luke Perry Dead at 52 yo; While I'm Living Longer and EATING STEAK!

Yes genetics are a big deal, and sometimes you cannot avoid when it's your time.

Anyone who believes they can just let themselves go and be unhealthy and not pay a price is kidding themselves though. Sure you could be THAT guy who lives to 100, a la smoking freak George Burns, but, the odds are against you.

I recall watching a documentary and it was about bad health, poor eating etc and they interviewed Americans in fast food places who were clearly overweight, as they ate massive meals and a massive drink. The one point I took from that show was the candidness of these people, they admitted they eat like garbage and they expect to die early. As one guy put it, I paraphrase, "I love food too much, so I accept my fate" It stuck with me, because in contrast Canadians take offense to the obvious. I know guys who are 100 pounds overweight who believe they are in good shape. We are extremely sensitive to facts and reality if it's inconvenient to our own self image.

As long we understand. I have family who are overweight, I worry about them. Technically, by strict standards I'm overweight, but I have fairly low fat content. I put on weight from years of heavy lifting and sports. My once skinny, zero fat structure became more muscular as I lifted heavy and ate alot of protein for more than half of my life (it was my own personal challenge since I didn't play sports anymore but wanted to stay active). I know I carry risks for having more weight, even muscle mass, which is why I'm happy to sacrifice muscle mass now, for a more lean body.

I hope we all take note of these stories and try to stay healthy. It's not easy, and as we age it doesn't get any easier. I always read up on people onhere talking about health issues and such. One of my favourite subjects to be honest.

Stay healthy folks. We need a few people who have working brains to help this world out :) It's not just weight of course, it's our internal organs, our lungs, our brains and especially our arteries. Take precautions, especially if you love a less than optimum lifestyle.
One thing someone said has always stuck with me. How many 80 year old obese people do you know? Personally, I know NONE. Really fat people just don't live long.

Yeah, I know Perry wasn't fat, but that's not the point. Take care of yourself. You'll greatly increase your likelihood of living longer. That is the point.

when I was young EVERYONE smoked; all of my relatives, all the deacons in the church, and the only place you couldn't smoke was in the church building. People smoked in the doctor's office, my doctors smoked, people smoked in the hospitals, on the train, on planes, everywhere.

I am 58 years old. I had pneumonia four times before I was three years old, nearly died from it at 21 months of age, childhood asthma, more pneumonia, flu, nearly died from flu when I was 30, smoked cigarettes for 24 years, cigars for 12 years, and I have a total of 59 years of lung damage just from smoking alone. :eek-49:
I know; the math doesn't add up but believe me I have done a LOT of smoking. :21:
I do cardio workouts nearly every day, eat what I want to eat, no special diets, I drink alcohol daily, and I haven't been in a doctor's office in over three years.

Moral of the story: Live your damn life & enjoy, because one day we are all gonna dead & gone. :5_1_12024:
You have my permission. In fact, the more liberal you are, the more I encourage your hatred of SCIENCE.

My, "hatred of science?"

LOL

Yes genetics are a big deal, and sometimes you cannot avoid when it's your time.

Anyone who believes they can just let themselves go and be unhealthy and not pay a price is kidding themselves though. Sure you could be THAT guy who lives to 100, a la smoking freak George Burns, but, the odds are against you.

I recall watching a documentary and it was about bad health, poor eating etc and they interviewed Americans in fast food places who were clearly overweight, as they ate massive meals and a massive drink. The one point I took from that show was the candidness of these people, they admitted they eat like garbage and they expect to die early. As one guy put it, I paraphrase, "I love food too much, so I accept my fate" It stuck with me, because in contrast Canadians take offense to the obvious. I know guys who are 100 pounds overweight who believe they are in good shape. We are extremely sensitive to facts and reality if it's inconvenient to our own self image.

As long we understand. I have family who are overweight, I worry about them. Technically, by strict standards I'm overweight, but I have fairly low fat content. I put on weight from years of heavy lifting and sports. My once skinny, zero fat structure became more muscular as I lifted heavy and ate alot of protein for more than half of my life (it was my own personal challenge since I didn't play sports anymore but wanted to stay active). I know I carry risks for having more weight, even muscle mass, which is why I'm happy to sacrifice muscle mass now, for a more lean body.

I hope we all take note of these stories and try to stay healthy. It's not easy, and as we age it doesn't get any easier. I always read up on people onhere talking about health issues and such. One of my favourite subjects to be honest.

Stay healthy folks. We need a few people who have working brains to help this world out :) It's not just weight of course, it's our internal organs, our lungs, our brains and especially our arteries. Take precautions, especially if you love a less than optimum lifestyle.
One thing someone said has always stuck with me. How many 80 year old obese people do you know? Personally, I know NONE. Really fat people just don't live long.

Yeah, I know Perry wasn't fat, but that's not the point. Take care of yourself. You'll greatly increase your likelihood of living longer. That is the point.
Ever hear of Jackie Gleason or Fats Dominoe?
Arent they .....
DEAD?
gleeson made it to 71....fats to 89.....
I just looked up Gleason. Did Fats die morbidly obese? Or did he change? I really don't know. Anyway my poInt still stands. I see lots of people beyond 80. I personally can't remember seeing one who was even overweight.
gleeson drank and smoked.....fats i have no idea what his vices were.......

That's right all you scadoodlers, iron pumpers and other fitness fatnatics, Perry is dead and just look at him!

luke-perry.jpg

Great shape and he worked his butt off to get that way I'm sure, while I eat steak and whatever else God places dead at my feet. And HE died of a stroke, Gawd rest his soul.

Luke Perry, ‘90210’ and ‘Riverdale’ Star, Dies at 52

The universe is not kind, it is not fair and it laughs at our attempts to determine our future.

Nature just said 'F You P:erry; your a dead MFer!' probably right after he did 100 push ups!

Me:

7d8dc0ceb5f8503a66d8ed0cf099bbfb.jpeg

MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ! ! ! ! !
Live fast, die young and leave a good looking corpse-unknown

Live fast, die young and leave a good looking corpse-
Well, I didn't live fast, I didn't die young,

but I will leave a good looking corpse

when I was young EVERYONE smoked; all of my relatives, all the deacons in the church, and the only place you couldn't smoke was in the church building. People smoked in the doctor's office, my doctors smoked, people smoked in the hospitals, on the train, on planes, everywhere.

I am 58 years old. I had pneumonia four times before I was three years old, nearly died from it at 21 months of age, childhood asthma, more pneumonia, flu, nearly died from flu when I was 30, smoked cigarettes for 24 years, cigars for 12 years, and I have a total of 59 years of lung damage just from smoking alone. :eek-49:
I know; the math doesn't add up but believe me I have done a LOT of smoking. :21:
I do cardio workouts nearly every day, eat what I want to eat, no special diets, I drink alcohol daily, and I haven't been in a doctor's office in over three years.

Moral of the story: Live your damn life & enjoy, because one day we are all gonna dead & gone. :5_1_12024:
You have my permission. In fact, the more liberal you are, the more I encourage your hatred of SCIENCE.

My, "hatred of science?"

LOL
Maybe he meant weird science...?
Weird-Science.jpg

That's right all you scadoodlers, iron pumpers and other fitness fatnatics, Perry is dead and just look at him!

luke-perry.jpg

Great shape and he worked his butt off to get that way I'm sure, while I eat steak and whatever else God places dead at my feet. And HE died of a stroke, Gawd rest his soul.

The universe is not kind, it is not fair and it laughs at our attempts to determine our future.

Nature just said 'F You P:erry; your a dead MFer!' probably right after he did 100 push ups!

Me:

Where did you hide the body?

luke-perry.jpg

Me:

Grants Tomb

luke-perry.jpg

Me:

Grants Tomb
There is like no limits on how many people can be buried there...

Agree. Don t know about good looking, but people routinely guess my age 20 years less than I really am. Hope it means an extra 20 years. If not it's still nice to "hear" them say, "he died so young! Bet drugs were involved!"

luke-perry.jpg

Me:

Grants Tomb
There is like no limits on how many people can be buried there...

Well, if there is more than the 3 of us, it's going to get crowded

It's probably because the whole entertainment industry is soaked in so much cocaine, I've heard a saying: "In Hollywood every day is a white Christmas." Most celebrities have abused enough drugs, you get young coke deaths like James Gandolfini and Carrie Fisher.

P.S., he looks so aged and sickly for age 52, there was obviously a major drugged-out, hard-living factor in it. Nobody naturally looks that godawful at 52. My parents are in their 70s and even THEY look better than Mr. Perry.

Last edited:

luke-perry.jpg

Me:

He had colorectal cancer. His stroke is probably a result of weakened veins from the chemo.

luke-perry.jpg

Me:

He had colorectal cancer. His stroke is probably a result of weakened veins from the chemo.

isnt that what Farrah Fawcett Died from? getting boofed in the butt??????

They have bacon flavored beer, it tastes like ass though...got some burnt-bacon taste quality to it. They overdid the smoke.

Sounds like fake smoke flavor, pass!

Rather have a Bloody Mary with bacon. OldLady

Actually, an excellent glass of red wine with BACON is perfection.

Anything with bacon is perfection.....except kale.

I can eat kale, if it is part of something that covers up the taste.

I am, however, reminded of an old Sylvia cartoon:

1st Lady: "I found the perfect receipt for zucchini!"

2nd Lady: "What is it?"

1st Lady: "You mix it with the yogurt and throw it out of the window."

"Receipt" huh?

That's a waste of yogurt. Mix equal parts (plain) yogurt and mango puree, sprinkle in some cardamom, and you have a delicious mango lassi.

I modernized my post for you. Receipt also means recipe in old English - a bit of which I've been reading lately.

Receipt is an old form that means the same as recipe. Both derive from Latin recipere, to receive or take. Receipt was first used in medieval English as a formula or prescription for a medicinal preparation (Chaucer is the first known user, in the Canterbury Tales of about 1386). The sense of “a written statement saying that money or goods have been received” only arrived at the beginning of the seventeenth century.

World Wide Words: Receipt versus recipe

Sounds like fake smoke flavor, pass!

Rather have a Bloody Mary with bacon. OldLady

"Receipt" huh?

That's a waste of yogurt. Mix equal parts (plain) yogurt and mango puree, sprinkle in some cardamom, and you have a delicious mango lassi.

I modernized my post for you. Receipt also means recipe in old English - a bit of which I've been reading lately.

Receipt is an old form that means the same as recipe. Both derive from Latin recipere, to receive or take. Receipt was first used in medieval English as a formula or prescription for a medicinal preparation (Chaucer is the first known user, in the Canterbury Tales of about 1386). The sense of “a written statement saying that money or goods have been received” only arrived at the beginning of the seventeenth century.

So when the Baldwin sisters on The Waltons were talking about "The Recipe", what were they talking about? :rolleyes:

"Receipt" huh?

So when the Baldwin sisters on The Waltons were talking about "The Recipe", what were they talking about? :rolleyes:
Moonshine...

"Receipt" huh?

Moonshine...

That is correct. :)

"Receipt" huh?

As they are Americans, they are talking about a recipe.

Duh.

Forum List

Back