Luke Perry Dead at 52 yo; While I'm Living Longer and EATING STEAK!

That's right all you scadoodlers, iron pumpers and other fitness fatnatics, Perry is dead and just look at him!

luke-perry.jpg

Great shape and he worked his butt off to get that way I'm sure, while I eat steak and whatever else God places dead at my feet. And HE died of a stroke, Gawd rest his soul.

Luke Perry, ‘90210’ and ‘Riverdale’ Star, Dies at 52

The universe is not kind, it is not fair and it laughs at our attempts to determine our future.

Nature just said 'F You P:erry; your a dead MFer!' probably right after he did 100 push ups!

Me:

7d8dc0ceb5f8503a66d8ed0cf099bbfb.jpeg

MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ! ! ! ! !

I have found that a lot of people were health fanatics who died prematurely. Reason being is that they knew they were at high risk and were trying to do what they could to buy more time. My insurance agent ran marathons and dropped dead of a massive heart attack about that same age. The reason he ran marathons was because his dad died even younger right in front of him from a massive heart attack.

I think genetics play a role as well. Some folks are more susceptible to thinning veins, liver damage, heart problems etc. Sorry to hear someone dying so young.

I think genetics play a role as well. Some folks are more susceptible to thinning veins, liver damage, heart problems etc. Sorry to hear someone dying so young.
Which is interesting, because the men in my family die of heart attacks, usually the first one and no one had survived a second heart attack.

Well, I have survived two now, guess that makes me immortal.

MORE STEAK!

That's right all you scadoodlers, iron pumpers and other fitness fatnatics, Perry is dead and just look at him!

luke-perry.jpg

Great shape and he worked his butt off to get that way I'm sure, while I eat steak and whatever else God places dead at my feet. And HE died of a stroke, Gawd rest his soul.

The universe is not kind, it is not fair and it laughs at our attempts to determine our future.

Nature just said 'F You P:erry; your a dead MFer!' probably right after he did 100 push ups!

Me:

----------------------------------- I Know , pretty interesting eh . All I ever did was mess around for 70 years and guys like LUKE took things seriously and this is what he gets . Not larfing as I say this with a tear in my eyes and may he rest in peace who ever the heck he is / was .

What an odd takeaway from someone’s death.

luke-perry.jpg

Me:

I have found that a lot of people were health fanatics who died prematurely. Reason being is that they knew they were at high risk and were trying to do what they could to buy more time. My insurance agent ran marathons and dropped dead of a massive heart attack about that same age. The reason he ran marathons was because his dad died even younger right in front of him from a massive heart attack.

your post reminds me of that famous runner in the 1980's who died of a heart attack while running.

wow I just looked it up he was 52 also

James F. Fixx, who spurred the jogging craze with his best-selling books about running and preached the gospel that active people live longer, died of a heart attack Friday while on a solitary jog in Vermont. He was 52 years old.Jul 22, 1984
JAMES F. FIXX DIES JOGGING; AUTHOR ON RUNNING WAS 52 ...

https://www.nytimes.com/.../james-f-fixx-dies-jogging-author-on-running-was-52.html

My sister had her first stroke when she was about 25. Stroke is a very bad disease and could be caused by heredity, lifestyle, diet, or an accompanying illness.

I'm so sorry about Luke Perry. Thanks for the memories of good acting skills, Luke. May God comfort your family and loved ones.

Sounds like fake smoke flavor, pass!

Rather have a Bloody Mary with bacon. OldLady

Actually, an excellent glass of red wine with BACON is perfection.

Anything with bacon is perfection.....except kale.

I can eat kale, if it is part of something that covers up the taste.

I am, however, reminded of an old Sylvia cartoon:

1st Lady: "I found the perfect receipt for zucchini!"

2nd Lady: "What is it?"

1st Lady: "You mix it with the yogurt and throw it out of the window."

"Receipt" huh?

That's a waste of yogurt. Mix equal parts (plain) yogurt and mango puree, sprinkle in some cardamom, and you have a delicious mango lassi.

I modernized my post for you. Receipt also means recipe in old English - a bit of which I've been reading lately.

Receipt is an old form that means the same as recipe. Both derive from Latin recipere, to receive or take. Receipt was first used in medieval English as a formula or prescription for a medicinal preparation (Chaucer is the first known user, in the Canterbury Tales of about 1386). The sense of “a written statement saying that money or goods have been received” only arrived at the beginning of the seventeenth century.

World Wide Words: Receipt versus recipe

Oboy, a woman into etymology, hubba hubba.
emoticon_10s.gif

My point on mango lassi stands. And I might add, yum.

"Receipt" huh?

That's a waste of yogurt. Mix equal parts (plain) yogurt and mango puree, sprinkle in some cardamom, and you have a delicious mango lassi.

I modernized my post for you. Receipt also means recipe in old English - a bit of which I've been reading lately.

Receipt is an old form that means the same as recipe. Both derive from Latin recipere, to receive or take. Receipt was first used in medieval English as a formula or prescription for a medicinal preparation (Chaucer is the first known user, in the Canterbury Tales of about 1386). The sense of “a written statement saying that money or goods have been received” only arrived at the beginning of the seventeenth century.

So when the Baldwin sisters on The Waltons were talking about "The Recipe", what were they talking about? :rolleyes:

As they are Americans, they are talking about a recipe.

Duh.

Recipe for what?

Actually, an excellent glass of red wine with BACON is perfection.

"Receipt" huh?

emoticon_10s.gif

Drinks at your place, then....if you can send the Learjet.

"Receipt" huh?

So when the Baldwin sisters on The Waltons were talking about "The Recipe", what were they talking about? :rolleyes:

Duh.

Recipe for what?

A recipe purely for Medicinal Purposes, of course.

"Receipt" huh?

Duh.

Recipe for what?

A recipe purely for Medicinal Purposes, of course.

Of course! :113:

"Receipt" huh?

emoticon_10s.gif

OK, I'm writing "Learjet" with a Sharpie on the drone right now.

"Receipt" huh?

emoticon_10s.gif

Ahem. A drone? As if.

“I’ll admit I may have seen better days, but I’m still not to be had for the price of a cocktail, like a salted peanut.”

"Receipt" huh?

emoticon_10s.gif

Ahem. A drone? As if.

“I’ll admit I may have seen better days, but I’m still not to be had for the price of a cocktail, like a salted peanut.”

Whaddaya want, a live pilot? OK I'll throw in a mouse.
You drive a hard bargain. The Scott Boras of USMB.

emoticon_10s.gif

Ahem. A drone? As if.

Whaddaya want, a live pilot? OK I'll throw in a mouse.
You drive a hard bargain. The Scott Boras of USMB.

I deserve a private jet WITH a pilot because Reasons, Feelz and Just Shut Up.

:)

Forum List

Back