Lulemons fires employees for chasing shoplifting thugs out of store

Stores should have armed people and shooting looters should be legal. That would stop this shit right quick. The alternative? Be prepared to go into a store and see everything behind lock and key. I went to Lowe's to buy a flashlight. They were all locked up, employee told me they were not allowed to stop thieves.

If I was a business owner I’d tell my employees to resist trying to be a hero. Don’t get yourself hurt or killed

I would tell them to observe and gather as much info as they can and call the police. Where I live, the police would respond.
I would tell my employees to be vigilant to the point of infringing on shoppers’ rights.

I would not want my employees to be injured or killed by a robber.
I’m sure that is a sentiment shared by Korean and Middle Eastern shop owners in inner cities who keep their place under heavy camera surveillance and their staff armed with guns.

Not only that, but retailers nationwide are already having great difficulty getting enough workers. Seems pretty dumb to fire someone for what these employees did.
This is how american employers have always treated employees in general. I would estimate well over half of our employers are bad places to work

Apparently, a new level of upside-down wokeness: employees are told not to interfere with criminals stealing merchandise, and anyone who does will pay the penalty. Thus, when employees chased the lowlifes out of the store, THEY were fired.

Do leftists actually have a goal to encourage crime?

In ancient times when I worked at Target and Sams, employees were not to do that either. It creates legal liability for the company from both the bad guys and the actual employees.

Minimum wage employees should not be getting killed protecting someone elses shit.Its priced into the business model anyway.
I can understand what you say here, but only to a certain degree. Shoplifting is what makes the prices go up for those who are willing to pay for whatever is on the shelf. If the prices rise high enough, the customers then take their business elsewhere which only means the store will then go out of business leaving the employees no other choice but to then look for another job.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. In other words, when one store goes out of business, the shoplifters will also take their "business" elsewhere, meaning the cycle will only start all over again.

Apparently, a new level of upside-down wokeness: employees are told not to interfere with criminals stealing merchandise, and anyone who does will pay the penalty. Thus, when employees chased the lowlifes out of the store, THEY were fired.

Do leftists actually have a goal to encourage crime?

The policy of employees not chasing shoplifters or robbers is nothing new, it is decades old. The belief being that no amount of merchandise or money is worth a person's life or bodily safety. In my youth, I never worked anywhere that they didn't tell us to just hand over the money and let them go, or something similar concerning actual merchandise.

Or get one of your employees killed.
It all points to businesses staying out of areas where there are high rates of theft, looting, and flash mobs; especially when the elected officials choose to go soft on such acts.

Forum List

Back