Macy's is going to go under

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
I can definitely see the writing on the wall with this company. They sell already expensive stuff at the highest price possible. The only way anyone ever buys anything from them is when it is on sale. That in itself is a very bad sign because it is saying that your customers already think the price is to high to begin with. They only think to buy it when it is on sale. The company is over a hundred years old and has an outdated business model that is more suited to the 1950s American than it is today. The management is incredibly superficial and lacks any kind of thinking skills necessary to keep the company going. It is generally a collection of yes men who know they got cushy jobs because they don't disagree with anything Macy's.

Nobody buys at retail stores now except hollyweirdos in beverly hills. I honestly don't know how most businesses stay in biz nowadays what with the ability to shop online and it being sent straight to yer door...CHEAPER than from a store.

Thrift shops are springing up all over the place. If I was not on SS, I would open one. One that had room in the back with a shower, toilet, and a place for a mini fridge and hot plate and live in that sucker.

I always wanted a store like that. Upstairs is the living quarters..downstairs the store itself. Alas...rents for such places, IF you can find any, are atrocious. And landlords wonder why so many FOR RENT signs are on their store front buildings. More dumb fucks.

• Banned
Nobody buys at retail stores now except hollyweirdos in beverly hills. I honestly don't know how most businesses stay in biz nowadays what with the ability to shop online and it being sent straight to yer door...CHEAPER than from a store.

Thrift shops are springing up all over the place. If I was not on SS, I would open one. One that had room in the back with a shower, toilet, and a place for a mini fridge and hot plate and live in that sucker.

I always wanted a store like that. Upstairs is the living quarters..downstairs the store itself. Alas...rents for such places, IF you can find any, are atrocious. And landlords wonder why so many FOR RENT signs are on their store front buildings. More dumb fucks.

What gets me about some of these businesses is that they think they don't have to compete anymore. It is as if they expect 'the economy' to rescue them when in fact they have to do the things necessary to make their businesses grow. Poor people have to work hard to not be poor and businesses have to work hard to not go under. It is just the way it is. I guess the welfare mentality has really saturated our society that much.

I can definitely see the writing on the wall with this company. They sell already expensive stuff at the highest price possible. The only way anyone ever buys anything from them is when it is on sale. That in itself is a very bad sign because it is saying that your customers already think the price is to high to begin with. They only think to buy it when it is on sale. The company is over a hundred years old and has an outdated business model that is more suited to the 1950s American than it is today. The management is incredibly superficial and lacks any kind of thinking skills necessary to keep the company going. It is generally a collection of yes men who know they got cushy jobs because they don't disagree with anything Macy's.

Months ago Trump was having dinner with the owner of Macy's and they were friends. Trump got pissed off and told everyone to boycott Macy's.

edit: poor men fight, rich men feud

Last edited:
Trump is a big baby. He will lose and we will be doomed with Hillary. Unless Hillary winds up in jail. Then we will be doomed with Trump. And if one or the other gets in there and picks dumbfuck VP's, we are stuck with one of them. In short...we are fucked any way you look at it.

Trump is a big baby. He will lose and we will be doomed with Hillary. Unless Hillary winds up in jail. Then we will be doomed with Trump. And if one or the other gets in there and picks dumbfuck VP's, we are stuck with one of them. In short...we are fucked any way you look at it.

I am the perpetual optimist and find a silver lining in every cloud, carpe diem.

I can see it now. Walmart's Thanksgiving Day Parade. Or Amazon's Thanksgiving Day Parade. Lots of boxes as floaty balloons for Amazon, horribly dressed customers pulling the balloons in their jammies.

Pittsburgh - based Kaufmann's merged with Macy's some years ago. I always liked Kaufmann's stuff, very high quality, well worth the price.

Quality fell a bit after the merger, but not down to WalMart level.

It's like you guys said, management failed to keep up with the digital times, and now they're paying for it.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
Macy's bought out a local Richmond, VA store some years ago. I used to shop at that store a lot. I think I've made one purchase from Macy's in all the years since then - pricey and not all that great. I was not pleased.

Months ago Trump was having dinner with the owner of Macy's and they were friends. Trump got pissed off and told everyone to boycott Macy's.

I don't see why this had to become political. It is a thread about Macy's stores not about Trump.

Pittsburgh - based Kaufmann's merged with Macy's some years ago. I always liked Kaufmann's stuff, very high quality, well worth the price.

Quality fell a bit after the merger, but not down to WalMart level.

It's like you guys said, management failed to keep up with the digital times, and now they're paying for it.

I really see nothing wrong with walmart. There stuff is not as expensive as other stores but that expense is sometimes not necessary.

Macy's bought out a local Richmond, VA store some years ago. I used to shop at that store a lot. I think I've made one purchase from Macy's in all the years since then - pricey and not all that great. I was not pleased.

I feel the same way. Their stuff is pricey and I don't know why considering you can get cheaper alternatives. Many mom and pop fashion clothing stores carry the same expensive stuff so why not shop there?

Long ago, Macy's sold quality stuff. Now a lot of their clothes are no better than TJ Maxx. I remember the days of the really nice department stores; when they started expanding and moving out to the malls, they lost their class.

Long ago, Macy's sold quality stuff. Now a lot of their clothes are no better than TJ Maxx. I remember the days of the really nice department stores; when they started expanding and moving out to the malls, they lost their class.

Cheap always wins in business.

I use the mail order end, a Massey's store is 50 miles away...

Macys I go to is always packed. Sad state of affairs..for mens clothing in particular,,.... ever noticed the paucity of mens shops.....

I feel the same way. Their stuff is pricey and I don't know why considering you can get cheaper alternatives. Many mom and pop fashion clothing stores carry the same expensive stuff so why not shop there?

Oh, I know. I bought what looked like a really nice comforter set that would be great in my bedroom. I didn't like it much at all after I had a few days with it. A week or so later I was in Walmart and saw a beautiful comforter set by Better Homes & Gardens - better made, matching pillows sold separately, but at least I could feel and inspect the fabric before buying - about $40 for the comforter set and a couple dollars more for each pillow. Yeah! I bought it and it is absolutely perfect.

I am shocked...SHOCKED I SAY that you intentionally left out the reason Donald Trump asked people to boycott Macy's.

Macy's committed a major mistake of letting politics guide their business decisions. Last year Macy's made the decision to become PC...or whatever and drop all Trump products. SOME retailers can incorporate politics into their business plan, but a major, high-end retailer, has to rank up there with the decision to come out with the "NEW COKE" and the Edsel.

Curious if any of the Macy directors sold Macy's short after that decision was made.

Forum List

Back