Maine bans Styrofoam

my2¢

So it goes
Gold Supporting Member
May 14, 2010
Gov. Janet Mills signed a bill into law Tuesday that made Maine one of the first states to ban single-use food and drink containers made from polystyrene.

The law prohibits restaurants, coffee shops, food trucks, grocery stores and other “covered establishments” from using containers made of polystyrene – known by the trade name Styrofoam – as of Jan. 1, 2021.
Gov. Mills signs law banning foam food and drink containers
I wouldn't miss them if they did that here.

More bottles and cans will be used now. Kinda washes out the environmental effects.
What else do you expect from feel good bullshit like this?

I am sure they will start banning those plastic rings that are used to hold six packs and even plastic pop bottles...

They did that in California and so now when you order take out you have to run to your car because your hands are burning and your sandwich is about to fall through the paper bag.....which will be illegal too shortly...

More bottles and cans will be used now. Kinda washes out the environmental effects.

Good fucking god. Of course they should feel good about another step in the process. Surprising that its Maine because they've got the most useless gov of all time.

Nonetheless, we should be recycling bottles and cans. We were Carcassonne, in the south of France. Incredible. Our hotel room was in a palace room. At a restaurant, we asked if we could buy a bottle of wine. No, because they must account for all bottles. As with everything else, the US is far far behind.

I am sure they will start banning those plastic rings that are used to hold six packs and even plastic pop bottles...

Far past the time we should have done that!

BTW, while looking for a photo to post, I came across this link. @Purge might be interested.
s.p.a. carcassonne – Cat Rescue Carcassonne

iu

Good fucking god. Of course they should feel good about another step in the process. Surprising that its Maine because they've got the most useless gov of all time.

Nonetheless, we should be recycling bottles and cans. We were Carcassonne, in the south of France. Incredible. Our hotel room was in a palace room. At a restaurant, we asked if we could buy a bottle of wine. No, because they must account for all bottles. As with everything else, the US is far far behind.

BTW, while looking for a photo to post, I came across this link. @Purge might be interested.

iu
Long live plastic!

iu

Why didn't you stay?

BTW, I refuse to recycle. It's a scam.

Maybe they haven't figgered this out yet in Tenna Sea, but glass and aluminum are what we call "recyclable".

iu

Why didn't you stay?

BTW, I refuse to recycle. It's a scam.

You mean you refuse to recycle because the Cult of Ignorance orders you not to, and you say "how high".

Fixed it for ya.

The big cities on the left coast have people shitting on the streets and leaving dirty needles contaminated with HIV but Maine is going to save the world by prohibiting styrofoam.

So now the incinerators won't work nearly as well as the Styrofoam helps get the temperature up to optimal. So instead of burning the paper and other consumables they will go to landfills. Another feel good move that sounds good to the ignorant, but makes the situation actually worse.

Doesn't matter what you ban. Shit still ends up in the ditch, rivers, lakes and oceans. Everything from the smallest plastic to old tires and even friggen cars.
Humans are slobs.
Got assholes who come out to our rural roads at night and dump trash. Goddamed city folk. Got one busted once.

Maine pop- 1.3 million mostly lobster fishermen and retirees. Not much else going on so the Police will be able to take those ruthless mom&pop store owners into custody for selling ....stuff packaged in styroform containers. I expect the governor has a task force deputized as we speak.

Forum List

Back