Maine bans Styrofoam

More bottles and cans will be used now. Kinda washes out the environmental effects.
What else do you expect from feel good bullshit like this?

Good fucking god. Of course they should feel good about another step in the process. Surprising that its Maine because they've got the most useless gov of all time.

Nonetheless, we should be recycling bottles and cans. We were Carcassonne, in the south of France. Incredible. Our hotel room was in a palace room. At a restaurant, we asked if we could buy a bottle of wine. No, because they must account for all bottles. As with everything else, the US is far far behind.

I am sure they will start banning those plastic rings that are used to hold six packs and even plastic pop bottles...

Far past the time we should have done that!

BTW, while looking for a photo to post, I came across this link. @Purge might be interested.
s.p.a. carcassonne – Cat Rescue Carcassonne

iu

Why didn't you stay?

BTW, I refuse to recycle. It's a scam.

You mean you refuse to recycle because the Cult of Ignorance orders you not to, and you say "how high".

Fixed it for ya.
:CryingCow:

More bottles and cans will be used now. Kinda washes out the environmental effects.
What else do you expect from feel good bullshit like this?

Good fucking god. Of course they should feel good about another step in the process. Surprising that its Maine because they've got the most useless gov of all time.

Nonetheless, we should be recycling bottles and cans. We were Carcassonne, in the south of France. Incredible. Our hotel room was in a palace room. At a restaurant, we asked if we could buy a bottle of wine. No, because they must account for all bottles. As with everything else, the US is far far behind.

I am sure they will start banning those plastic rings that are used to hold six packs and even plastic pop bottles...

Far past the time we should have done that!

BTW, while looking for a photo to post, I came across this link. @Purge might be interested.
s.p.a. carcassonne – Cat Rescue Carcassonne

iu
:CryingCow:

The big cities on the left coast have people shitting on the streets and leaving dirty needles contaminated with HIV but Maine is going to save the world by prohibiting styrofoam.
It never should have been used in the first place. Before someone comes up with some new deal like styrofoam, its biodegradability should be taken into account. If it is going to sit like so much indefinitely existing garbage on our planet, it should never be given approval for sale.
We could have thrived nicely without packing peanuts and cheap beer coolers. Besides, the gas station/mini mart where I sometimes stop for coffee uses styrofoam cups but doesn't buy covers that actually fit them. So I end up slopping coffee all over me. I'll be glad when they switch over to paper cups that match the covers they already use.

It never should have been used in the first place. Before someone comes up with some new deal like styrofoam, its biodegradability should be taken into account. If it is going to sit like so much indefinitely existing garbage on our planet, it should never be given approval for sale..

Styrofoam is recyclable , however. It can be gathered and transformed into napalm after its use in the restaurant business.

It the ideal product for the modern age as it can have a new life.

It never should have been used in the first place. Before someone comes up with some new deal like styrofoam, its biodegradability should be taken into account. If it is going to sit like so much indefinitely existing garbage on our planet, it should never be given approval for sale..

Styrofoam is recyclable , however. It can be gathered and transformed into napalm after its use in the restaurant business.

That's good to know. Spring days like this when there's been rain and everything's growing into jungle I look out at my yard and go "what this place needs is more napalm".

Putting Styrofoam into the recycling bin will contaminate the whole recycling bin, so it is important that all Styrofoam is placed into the general waste (Landfill) bin. ...Styrofoam can be recycled but generally it is done separated from your recycling. (Quora)

Polystyrene, commonly known as Styrofoam, is recyclable in some parts of the country, yet most Materials Recovery Facilities still do not accept it as part of their recyclingprogram.
The Rundown on Plastic #6 (Styrofoam) - American Disposal

https://www.americandisposal.com/blog/the-rundown-on-plastic-6-styrofoam

Putting Styrofoam into the recycling bin will contaminate the whole recycling bin, so it is important that all Styrofoam is placed into the general waste (Landfill) bin. ...Styrofoam can be recycled but generally it is done separated from your recycling. (Quora)

Polystyrene, commonly known as Styrofoam, is recyclable in some parts of the country, yet most Materials Recovery Facilities still do not accept it as part of their recyclingprogram.

Round these parts they recycle glass, metal, aluminum, cardboard, newspaper, plastics #1 and #2, and fortunately, tires.

When you live in the sticks you find all manner of junk that's just been tossed in the woods out of sight out of mind, so I've availed myself of the tire dump multiple times.

One day I looked down in the stream and saw something odd. I looked closer and said to myself, "Self, that's a starter motor from an early 1960s MoPar slant six" and got it out of there. I had changed a few of those starters over the years. :)

Found some appliances -- a washer, a refrigerator --- an old TV antenna, as Calvin and Hobbes would say, there's treasure everywhere.

Forum List

Back