Majority of Union Soldiers did NOT Fight to end Slavery but to Preserve the Union

If former Union soldier's could be brought back to life and see the extreme leftist political climate in this nation today in 2020 and the revisionist history being taught in schools and universities, then you could propel them back in time to 1861 with this knowledge...how many would still have joined the Army to fight against the South? I say very few except that minority of abolitionist radicals from New England states.

Evidently so. Even the Union Army was racist...

"In general, the Union army was reluctant to use African-American troops in combat. This was partly due to racism: There were many Union officers who believed that black soldiers were not as skilled or as brave as white soldiers were. By this logic, they thought that African Americans were better suited for jobs as carpenters, cooks, guards, scouts and teamsters."

Black Civil War Soldiers

Well...given the time is it unreasonable to see how they would have held those views? Considering the Blacks most of them saw were slaves under the democrats, uneducated, and unknown to most northerners as a people?

Measuring their beliefs and feelings when they lived and substituting our beliefs and feelings is just stupid.............

If former Union soldier's could be brought back to life and see the extreme leftist political climate in this nation today in 2020 and the revisionist history being taught in schools and universities, then you could propel them back in time to 1861 with this knowledge...how many would still have joined the Army to fight against the South? I say very few except that minority of abolitionist radicals from New England states.

"In general, the Union army was reluctant to use African-American troops in combat. This was partly due to racism: There were many Union officers who believed that black soldiers were not as skilled or as brave as white soldiers were. By this logic, they thought that African Americans were better suited for jobs as carpenters, cooks, guards, scouts and teamsters."

Black Civil War Soldiers
Exactly.

Personally, I think black people owe us reparations for causing a war that killed 620,000 Americans.

I do take Paypal.

They didn't cause the war....the democrat party started the war because they were afraid Lincoln and the Republicans were going to end slavery.

That is what too many people forget.....the democrat party started the war to keep their Black Slaves.......they started the war that killed over 500,000 Americans to keep Black human beings as their slaves...... the entire democrat party is the party of racism and hate.

So what? What's your point?
I will let Abraham Lincoln answer that. If you would have read an earlier response you would know what my post is about.
meant to leave any one in doubt.

"I would save the Union. I would save it the shortest way under the Constitution. The sooner the national authority can be restored; the nearer the Union will be "the Union as it was." If there be those who would not save the Union, unless they could at the same time save slavery, I do not agree with them. If there be those who would not save the Union unless they could at the same time destroy slavery, I do not agree with them. My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that."
- President Lincoln 1862

And yet, when the Republicans won, they freed the slaves....so it doesn't matter in the end...the Republicans won the war against the democrat party and having won, freed the slaves.

It seems like you just want to offer more racist views on a war fought over slavery.

My family is from eastern Tennessee. They first settled there in the late 1700s. Most where devote Christians. Many fought for the Union because they were abolitionists.

Few people know this, but eastern Tennessee was predominantly pro-Union.

One of my ancestors died fighting for the asshole murderer General Sherman outside Atlanta, at the ripe old age of 19. I have a picture of his headstone somewhere.

General Sherman was waging war during a war.

You just disrespecting one of your ancestors.

If you were alive during the civil war; what side would you have fought on?
Side of Missouri volunteers fighting terrorist Union troops that were raping and pillaging the countryside.
So you’re pro slavery. Shocking
Nope. Anti-communist and Orwellian efforts to destroy the nation. I'm pro-American.
I thought George died already how is he destroying the nation?

Black Civil War Soldiers
Exactly.

Personally, I think black people owe us reparations for causing a war that killed 620,000 Americans.

I do take Paypal.

They didn't cause the war....the democrat party started the war because they were afraid Lincoln and the Republicans were going to end slavery.

That is what too many people forget.....the democrat party started the war to keep their Black Slaves.......they started the war that killed over 500,000 Americans to keep Black human beings as their slaves...... the entire democrat party is the party of racism and hate.

And now the republic party is fighting to keep the confederacy alive...

Black Civil War Soldiers
Exactly.

I do take Paypal.

And now the republic party is fighting to keep the confederacy alive...

Are you really this stupid? The only institutional racism is in the democrat party........every core group of the democrat party is racist....every leader of the party including bill clinton and barak obama are racist.........they both have long and deep freindships with racists of all skin colors.....

Forum List

Back