'Make It Great Like '68!' Protest Group Looks to 'Shut Down the DNC For Gaza'

Doc7505

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2016

'Make It Great Like '68!'

Protest Group Looks to 'Shut Down the DNC For Gaza'

17 Aug 2024 ~~ By Rick Moran

Some protest groups are predicting 100,000 demonstrators during the Democratic National Convention next week. File that one under the "I'll believe it when I see it" category. The city and law enforcement authorities are keeping mum about their predictions of crowd size for the demonstrations but the more rational protest organizers are saying between 30,000 to 40,000 people are expected to march.
That's still an awfully large number for the Chicago Police Department to handle when you consider the immense area they're going to have to protect.
Chicago business owners at "Ground Zero" of the protests — the West Loop and the area around Union Park — are taking no chances. Some of them are old hands at these protests; the NATO protests of 2012, the George Floyd riots in 2020, and some businesses were around for the the 1996 Democratic convention.
What they know is that the cops are not going to protect their businesses.
~Snip~
One group called "Behind Enemy Lines" is advocating "Make it Great like '68" in reference to the riots at the 1968 Democratic Convention.
"Behind Enemy Lines has opened a temporary office on Chicago’s Northwest Side, decorated with posters bearing slogans such as “Stop Killer Kamala” and “Fight Back for Gaza!" reports WBEZ. They plan to protest at the Israeli consulate on Tuesday along with other pro-Hamas groups. This will be the first real test for the Chicago police during the convention and of Behind Enemy Lines has anything to say about it, they will try their best to provoke a riot.
“It’s not the protesters who are going to harm residents of Chicago or surveil their children, right?” the Behind Enemy Lines spokesperson said. “If people are exercising not just their constitutional rights to free expression, but what I think is a moral obligation to confront this convention, I think they should do that, and they should stand up for themselves. And if there’s violence, that will come not from us, but from the police.”
~Snip~
For those who say well, it's only one small group of fanatics, nothing the cops can't handle. It doesn't take a lot of activists, trained in street tactics, to start a riot. And it takes an extraordinarily professional response from the police to prevent chaos.
I'm not confident there won't be incidents. Whether the police can keep a lid on the protests is another story.

Commentary:
What the rules of engagement are for the cops. Will they fight the crazy leftists or bend the knee before them?
Will the DNC, be looking for help from Israel and their IDF for against the Pro-Palestinians in Chicago.
Meantime, the DNC is holding secret meetings with the Quis;ing media to work out how to suppress coverage of the protestors or label them as MAGA members.
Businesses are boarding up their windows in hopes to save themselves...

Some protest groups are predicting 100,000 demonstrators during the Democratic National Convention next week.​

Sweet! I wonder if Kamala will be out there supporting them and trying to bail them out of jail like she did for BLM as they break down the doors and rip the place apart?!

mob.jpg

Last edited:

'Make It Great Like '68!'

Protest Group Looks to 'Shut Down the DNC For Gaza'

17 Aug 2024 ~~ By Rick Moran

Some protest groups are predicting 100,000 demonstrators during the Democratic National Convention next week. File that one under the "I'll believe it when I see it" category. The city and law enforcement authorities are keeping mum about their predictions of crowd size for the demonstrations but the more rational protest organizers are saying between 30,000 to 40,000 people are expected to march.
That's still an awfully large number for the Chicago Police Department to handle when you consider the immense area they're going to have to protect.
Chicago business owners at "Ground Zero" of the protests — the West Loop and the area around Union Park — are taking no chances. Some of them are old hands at these protests; the NATO protests of 2012, the George Floyd riots in 2020, and some businesses were around for the the 1996 Democratic convention.
What they know is that the cops are not going to protect their businesses.
~Snip~
One group called "Behind Enemy Lines" is advocating "Make it Great like '68" in reference to the riots at the 1968 Democratic Convention.
"Behind Enemy Lines has opened a temporary office on Chicago’s Northwest Side, decorated with posters bearing slogans such as “Stop Killer Kamala” and “Fight Back for Gaza!" reports WBEZ. They plan to protest at the Israeli consulate on Tuesday along with other pro-Hamas groups. This will be the first real test for the Chicago police during the convention and of Behind Enemy Lines has anything to say about it, they will try their best to provoke a riot.
“It’s not the protesters who are going to harm residents of Chicago or surveil their children, right?” the Behind Enemy Lines spokesperson said. “If people are exercising not just their constitutional rights to free expression, but what I think is a moral obligation to confront this convention, I think they should do that, and they should stand up for themselves. And if there’s violence, that will come not from us, but from the police.”
~Snip~
For those who say well, it's only one small group of fanatics, nothing the cops can't handle. It doesn't take a lot of activists, trained in street tactics, to start a riot. And it takes an extraordinarily professional response from the police to prevent chaos.
I'm not confident there won't be incidents. Whether the police can keep a lid on the protests is another story.

Commentary:
What the rules of engagement are for the cops. Will they fight the crazy leftists or bend the knee before them?
Will the DNC, be looking for help from Israel and their IDF for against the Pro-Palestinians in Chicago.
Meantime, the DNC is holding secret meetings with the Quis;ing media to work out how to suppress coverage of the protestors or label them as MAGA members.
Businesses are boarding up their windows in hopes to save themselves...
They will tear down Chicago knowing Camelhead will bail them out afterwards. I hope Joey gets on stage and starts campaigning for himself again. That would be a riot!!!

Forum List

Back