Man chokes 11-year-old Black girl for playing ball in his driveway

Jul 26, 2010
A South Dakota man was sentenced to two years in prison for physically attacking Black children who were playing outside his house.

Larry Wayne Baldner, 74, started the confrontation after finding five children playing basketball in a driveway he shared with neighbors at his Fargo duplex home on Sept. 21, 2021, and he told them to leave his property, reported InForum.

An 11-year-old who lived next door to Baldner told police they were playing on her family's side of the sidewalk, according to a criminal complaint, but she said the man used a racial slur and slapped the child across the face.

The girl and her sister confronted Baldner, who then grabbed the 11-year-old by the neck and hair, lifted her off the ground and began choking her, according to the complaint.

The sister struck Baldner in the face and helped her get away, but the child's hair extension was ripped from her head, and the older man then hit the sister in the face.

Had this been one of my kids, this dude catches these hands and then some.

A South Dakota man was sentenced to two years in prison for physically attacking Black children who were playing outside his house.

Larry Wayne Baldner, 74, started the confrontation after finding five children playing basketball in a driveway he shared with neighbors at his Fargo duplex home on Sept. 21, 2021, and he told them to leave his property, reported InForum.

An 11-year-old who lived next door to Baldner told police they were playing on her family's side of the sidewalk, according to a criminal complaint, but she said the man used a racial slur and slapped the child across the face.

The girl and her sister confronted Baldner, who then grabbed the 11-year-old by the neck and hair, lifted her off the ground and began choking her, according to the complaint.

The sister struck Baldner in the face and helped her get away, but the child's hair extension was ripped from her head, and the older man then hit the sister in the face.

Dude lives in a duplex he don't own=not his property.

That is way out of line being mean to kids anyways.

Now if I happen upon a pickup game in my driveway, there's probably going to be a problem.

If it was in the old neighborhood, and the kids were getting scared to play 4-square out in the street anymore?

I'd paint 'em a 4-square in my driveway or they could use one of them basketball hoops.

I knew all teh kids in my hood.

I was a kid once too, ya know? Being a kid does not go away.

Yeah, you have to grow up and pay bills and taxes, but being a kid does not go away, at least if you were allowed to be a kid,

and I most certainly was.

Last edited:

What an asshole! Anybody want to rent half a duplex in Fargo South Dakota, suddenly vacant for the next two years?

I love it when all the the kids play basketball in my neighborhood. So do the other adults in the neighborhood.
That old SOB should get more than 2 years. Who knows, 2 years may turn out to be life for the old bastard.

Very dickish. Especially when you share the driveway. It ain't all yours.

We had a basketball court in our driveway which all kids were welcomed. The majority of the kids who came to play happened to be Black. The Indian neighbors across the way called the HOA to have us take it down and called the police to say “it was the wrong element” that was coming to play. The policeman went out of his way to tell us because he was so disturbed….. as were we.

Supersadbrotha was hoping for whites to defend the guy.
Didnt work out for him as always.
Oh! Was it one o' them racist things? :aargh:

Well, the boys across the street were black, yeah, they coulda played in my driveway all they wanted.

Shiet, I used to have Friday Night boxing matches out in the street in front of their house every Friday! :auiqs.jpg:

I don't think they caught me bompin' their babysitter, but ya never know.. We're still cool, anyways. :D

I tried not to get caught, anyways.

Perhaps they knew, but their dad never did. :dunno:

Their dad was so cool. And they were, too.

He was the black one, a gem of a man. I wish more people were like him.

Last edited:

My guess is that he will catch far more than just "hands" while in prison.

Yes, he would've got a beat down.

Dude lives in a duplex he don't own=not his property.

That is way out of line being mean to kids anyways.

Now if I happen upon a pickup game in my driveway, there's probably going to be a problem.

If it was in the old neighborhood, and the kids were getting scared to play 4-square out in the street anymore?

I'd paint 'em a 4-square in my driveway or they could use one of them basketball hoops.

I knew all teh kids in my hood.

I was a kid once too, ya know? Being a kid does not go away.

Yeah, you have to grow up and pay bills and taxes, but being a kid does not go away, at least if you were allowed to be a kid,

and I most certainly was.
I had a basketball goal in my yard, kids would come over and play when my son wasn't there. I didn't mind, let them be kids. Because when it's time to adult life isn't as great.

I knew this happened in a blue city before I even clicked on the link. Of course.

Bet he voted for Trump.

Forum List

Back