Man pretended to be black to get into med school

Theowl32

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2013
The big brother of Fox sitcom star Mindy Kaling reveals that he got into medical school by pretending to be African-American.

Fifteen years ago, Vijay Chokal-Ingam shaved off his straight black hair, trimmed what he calls his “long Indian eyelashes” and started checking off the “black” box for race on his med-school applications.

Before long, the Asian Indian-American was interviewing at Harvard and Columbia, and found himself on wait lists at the University of Pennsylvania, Washington University and Mt. Sinai — despite his relatively mediocre 3.1 GPA and his family’s considerable wealth.

“I love my sister to death,” Chokal-Ingam, 38, told The Post in a telephone interview from Los Angeles, where he and his comedienne sibling both live. But they’re fighting over his revelation. “She says this will bring shame on the family.”

Kaling plays the title role in “The Mindy Project” and portrayed Kelly Kapoor on NBC’s “The Office.”

Chokal-Ingam wound up dropping out of St. Louis University Medical School two years after he got in under false pretenses.

He eventually was accepted at, and graduated from, UCLA Anderson’s MBA program — as an Asian Indian-American.

Chokal-Ingam says he’s revealing his race ruse now because he heard that UCLA is considering strengthening its affirmative-action admissions policies. He says it’s a myth that affirmative action benefits the underprivileged.

He plans to write a memoir about his experiences, to be titled “Almost Black.”

“I got into medical school because I said I was black,” Chokal-Ingam writes in his blog, at almostblack.com. “The funny thing is I’m not. My plan actually worked. Lucky for you, I never became a doctor.”

fo853f375808rev.jpg

St. Louis University Medical School boasts of being highly selective, and of its incoming students having an average GPA of 3.84.

Chokal-Ingam said he came up with the idea of self-identifying as “black” after seeing fellow Asian Indian-Americans with better grades than he had struggle to get into med school.“I disclosed that I grew up in one of the wealthiest towns in Massachusetts, that my mother was a doctor, and that my father was an architect,” he said Saturday, describing his med-school applications.

“I disclosed that I didn’t receive financial aid from the University of Chicago, and that I had a nice car,” he said. “I was the campus rich kid, let’s just put it on the table. And yet they considered me an affirmative-action applicant.”

Mindy Kaling s brother pretended to be black to get into med school New York Post

giphy.gif

Post number 9 in thread "What Is The Real Goal of Affirmative Action
What is the real goal of affirmative action US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Brother of Famous Actress Admits He Faked Being Black to Get Into Med School and It Worked TheBlaze.com

EDUCATION
Brother of Famous Actress Admits He Faked Being Black to Get Into Med School — and It Worked!
Apr. 3, 2015 2:06pm Jason Howerton
In 1998, Vijay Chokal-Ingam was “determined to become a doctor,” but his 3.1 GPA significantly reduced his chances. When he realized his application wouldn’t cut it, he came up with a back-up plan — he pretended to be black.

Chokal-Ingam, brother of famous actress Mindy Kaling, said he “knew that admission standards for certain minorities under affirmative action were, let’s say… less stringent.”

AlmostBlack.com

In a blog post, Chokal-Ingam explains how he ended up getting into the St. Louis University School of Medicine despite his low GPA and MCAT score:

So, I shaved my head, trimmed my long Indian eyelashes, and applied to medical school as a black man. My change in appearance was so startling that my own fraternity brother didn’t recognize me at first. I even joined the Organization of Black Students and started using my embarrassing middle name that I had hidden from all of my friends since I was a 9 years old.

Vijay the Indian-American frat boy become Jojo the African American Affirmative Action applicant to medical school.

Chokal-Ingam ended up dropping out of medical school.

Palm Beach County's #affirmativeaction program: If everyone lied about their race like me, it wouldn't work!Taylor questions Palm Beach County apos s minority hiring - Sun Sentinel

— Vijay Chokal-Ingam (@VijayIngam) March 14, 2015

He has since become an activist against affirmative action. He is also apparently in the process of writing a book, titled, “Almost Black – The True Story Of An Indian American Who Got Into Medical School Pretending To Be An African American.”

Well good for him exposing one of the huge scams of the whole political correctness scene.

Years ago I headed a large social agency that, among many other civic service programs, offered a low cost school for preschoolers of low income families. But because only 2% of the entire county population was black, most of those low income families were white. We needed grant monies to keep the costs low for those families but, because they were WHITE, our applications were rejected again and again.

So we got the bright idea to submit a grant not for low-income families, but for pre-delinquent children. This was total fraud--same program, same church going, peaceful, hard working demographics. But our grant sailed right through and was approved.

It is a sorry thing when opportunity and privilege is not extended to the most deserving, but is rather governed by bureaucratic dictated political correctness.

If there isn't more solid prove of racism against whites. Well, I couldn't put it out to you.

This is fucked up.

Imagine if, beside of being black, he said that he's lesbian trapped in wrong body.

Before long, the Asian Indian-American was interviewing at Harvard and Columbia, and found himself on wait lists at the University of Pennsylvania, Washington University and Mt. Sinai — despite his relatively mediocre 3.1 GPA and his family’s considerable wealth.
a B average only got him an INTERVIEW at Harvard, yet a C average got white boy Bush ACCEPTED into Harvard.

a B average only got him an INTERVIEW at Harvard, yet a C average got white boy Bush ACCEPTED into Harvard.

Keep cherry picking on when a President's grades matter. It's nice when a President's grades and test scores are not sealed, isn't it?

Keep cherry picking on when a President's grades matter. It's nice when a President's grades and test scores are not sealed, isn't it?
They were restricted like everybody else, but leaked, not unsealed by white boy elitist Bush.

Doesn't change the fact that white elitist Legacy trumps AA and that doesn't bother the racists one little bit!

At least Boooooosh did not hide his transcripts from the public. I wonder if the liberal loser can tell us what obama's grades were, and how he was accepted.

Fucking loser brought up Boooooosh again.

It's all about skin color now.

The Left has what it wants.

Never would I have thought we could be this divided.

The big brother of Fox sitcom star Mindy Kaling reveals that he got into medical school by pretending to be African-American.

Fifteen years ago, Vijay Chokal-Ingam shaved off his straight black hair, trimmed what he calls his “long Indian eyelashes” and started checking off the “black” box for race on his med-school applications.

“I love my sister to death,” Chokal-Ingam, 38, told The Post in a telephone interview from Los Angeles, where he and his comedienne sibling both live. But they’re fighting over his revelation. “She says this will bring shame on the family.”

Kaling plays the title role in “The Mindy Project” and portrayed Kelly Kapoor on NBC’s “The Office.”

Chokal-Ingam wound up dropping out of St. Louis University Medical School two years after he got in under false pretenses.

He eventually was accepted at, and graduated from, UCLA Anderson’s MBA program — as an Asian Indian-American.

Chokal-Ingam says he’s revealing his race ruse now because he heard that UCLA is considering strengthening its affirmative-action admissions policies. He says it’s a myth that affirmative action benefits the underprivileged.

“I got into medical school because I said I was black,” Chokal-Ingam writes in his blog, at almostblack.com. “The funny thing is I’m not. My plan actually worked. Lucky for you, I never became a doctor.”

fo853f375808rev.jpg

St. Louis University Medical School boasts of being highly selective, and of its incoming students having an average GPA of 3.84.

Chokal-Ingam said he came up with the idea of self-identifying as “black” after seeing fellow Asian Indian-Americans with better grades than he had struggle to get into med school.“I disclosed that I grew up in one of the wealthiest towns in Massachusetts, that my mother was a doctor, and that my father was an architect,” he said Saturday, describing his med-school applications.

“I disclosed that I didn’t receive financial aid from the University of Chicago, and that I had a nice car,” he said. “I was the campus rich kid, let’s just put it on the table. And yet they considered me an affirmative-action applicant.”

Mindy Kaling s brother pretended to be black to get into med school New York Post

giphy.gif
If a man can be a woman, why can't he he black? Gender identity/racial identity. It's all good, yo.

fo853f375808rev.jpg

giphy.gif
If a man can be a woman, why can't he he black? Gender identity/racial identity. It's all good, yo.

Stupid hypocritical lying liberal queen bitch did the same thing getting into Harvard.

elizabeth+warren+meme.jpg

rev4-worship.gif

At least Boooooosh did not hide his transcripts from the public.
A perfect example of a NO Information voter filled with nothing but misinformation! Booooooosh did everything he could to keep his records hidden, but they were leaked in spite of his efforts. Too many of his schoolmates remembered how he was a white privilege Affirmative Action legacy student.

Last edited:
That's Bush is claiming to be Hispanic!
But you have no problem with that!

RTR4O910.jpg

In a 2009 voter-registration application, obtained from the Miami-Dade County Elections Department, Mr. Bush marked Hispanic in the field labeled "race/ethnicity.

At least Boooooosh did not hide his transcripts from the public.
AS perfect example of a NO Information voter filled with nothing but misinformation! Booooooosh did everything he could to keep his records hidden, but they were leaked in spite of his efforts. Too many of his schoolmates remembered how he was a white privilege Affirmative Action legacy student.

Let me know when you get obama's records. Then we will compare. Until that point, fuck off you unreal pathetic doosh bag hypocritical ass.

This post, in no way, even relates to anything about Boooooosh. Rather it is about the liberal fucking world you belong to patronizing negroes.

You fucking pathetic patronizing brainwashed racist piece of shit.

This post, in no way, even relates to anything about Boooooosh.
Actually it does! Racists bitch about AA, but at least AAs have to be qualified. Legacies like Bush aren't even qualified, other than being white elitists, of course, and the racists never make a peep!!!

Forum List

Back