Manafort Confirms Christie Was 'Livid' He Wasn't Picked To Be Drumpf's VP

Synthaholic

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2010
I am a God on this message board.

New Jersey governor Chris Christie was reportedly enraged he didn't earn the VP spot, according to a top Drumpf campaign official.

While minding my own business at the Starbucks inside the Westin hotel this morning, I saw a man engage Drumpf campaign manager Paul Manafort in conversation about the VP selection process. The man, whom I couldn't identify, suggested that Pence was a smart pick and Gingrich would've been a disaster.

"Christie was livid, right?" the man said at one point. "Yeah," Manafort replied.

Christie has made no secret that he was disappointed he wasn't chosen to be Donald Drumpf's running mate. " don't like coming in second. Ever," Christie said Thursday. But the conversation overheard by THE WEEKLY STANDARD Sunday suggests Christie's feelings were far more intense than mere disappointment.

Manafort Confirms Christie Was 'Livid' He Wasn't Picked To Be Trump's VP

New Jersey governor Chris Christie was reportedly enraged he didn't earn the VP spot, according to a top Drumpf campaign official.

While minding my own business at the Starbucks inside the Westin hotel this morning, I saw a man engage Drumpf campaign manager Paul Manafort in conversation about the VP selection process. The man, whom I couldn't identify, suggested that Pence was a smart pick and Gingrich would've been a disaster.

"Christie was livid, right?" the man said at one point. "Yeah," Manafort replied.

Christie has made no secret that he was disappointed he wasn't chosen to be Donald Drumpf's running mate. " don't like coming in second. Ever," Christie said Thursday. But the conversation overheard by THE WEEKLY STANDARD Sunday suggests Christie's feelings were far more intense than mere disappointment.

I think for first time since he started campaigning, Trump's hands were tied. His VP pick had to be an establishment conservative with strong ties to the Christian conservatives otherwise he would stand no chance of winning. Obviously, Trump would rather work with Christie than a bible thumper with strong ties to establishment Republicans.

If you supported Trump during the primaries, you're not going to like the Trump after the convention. He is going to be courting the very people he attacked during the primaries. This is how you win the presidency.

Last edited:
"The man whom I couldn't identify". Code for: "I'm making the whole thing up".

Trump might have considered Christie, but Christie is a hard ass and would eventually get tired of Trumps Bullshit and the 2 would end up in a fistfight.....:eusa_naughty: Also he is just too Damn fat and unlikable..

Newt at 73 too old, the only 1 left would be Palin , which makes Pence a no brainer:laugh:

That is pretty embarrassing, especially since he has been Donnie's lapdog for months now...

That is pretty embarrassing, especially since he has been Donnie's lapdog for months now...
Speaking of lapdogs, does Chris Matthews still get a thrill up his leg when Obama speaks?

Dude, Obama is a two term President with one of the highest ratings for an outgoing President in US history.. Get over it!

Just take a drink and relax.

I am happy Trump did not pick me... I know he does not know who the fuck I am nor was I on his short list ( maybe short yellow bus ) but who the hell would have wanted the job in the first damn place knowing they're going to lose big in November?

Only someone insane would be upset they were not picked to run on a ticket that could be this election cycle version of 1984!

Another piece of crap OP. I watched Christie being interviewed last night and he said he was ready and honored to serve in any capacity in the next administration. He also said he is a good friend and admirer of Pence.

So take your petty little lies and stuff 'em.

Speaking of lapdogs, does Chris Matthews still get a thrill up his leg when Obama speaks?

Dude, Obama is a two term President with one of the highest ratings for an outgoing President in US history.. Get over it!

Just take a drink and relax.
IOW, you get a thrill up your leg too, huh?

Another piece of crap OP. I watched Christie being interviewed last night and he said he was ready and honored to serve in any capacity in the next administration. He also said he is a good friend and admirer of Pence.

Christie is going to be looking for a job come January 1. He's certainly qualified for Attorney General as a US District Attorney and as a governor. In fact, he is far better qualified for AG, than Trump for the presidency.

Last edited:
Your pathetic attempt at deflection has failed, wingnut.

Now take the Donald Trump poster off your wall, roll it up real tight, and shove it up your ass.

I am happy Trump did not pick me... I know he does not know who the fuck I am nor was I on his short list ( maybe short yellow bus ) but who the hell would have wanted the job in the first damn place knowing they're going to lose big in November?

Only someone insane would be upset they were not picked to run on a ticket that could be this election cycle version of 1984!
You are correct, except for the fact that he could have made a lot more money speechifying after the loss as a VP candidate than as an ex-Governor.

Christie is going to be looking for a job come January 1. He's certainly qualified for Attorney General as a US District Attorney and as a governor. In fact, he is far better qualified for AG, than Trump for the presidency.
I kind of though AG was what he wanted anyway.

Hard to continue being a bully as Vice President.

Forum List

Back