Manafort to do hard time....in Club Fed

airplanemechanic

Diamond Member
Nov 8, 2014
There is a swimming pool and a golf course. It's quite nice. Rather like an upscale hotel.

This one really is that bad. No fences, no bars, nothing. They can come and go as they please. It's known as a minimum security camp.

The Maryland 'Club Fed' prison where Paul Manafort will serve four-year tax fraud sentence | Daily Mail Online

There are no bars, towers, locks on rooms or barbed wire fences. The facility has been described as 'peaceful' by former inmates who say there's never more than 500 people locked up at once, and sometimes the number is several hundred less than that.
I worked at a minimum security prison for awhile. Same deal--dormitory type housing, no towers or locks on rooms, there was a fence from when it had been a medium security facility, but the gate was always wide open. Inmates were all over the yard doing their jobs or going from place to place.

There are guards watching that gate from their cameras and sometimes their windows. If a prisoner "walks off," (that's called an escape, folks) they will be transferred to a higher security facility and also receive several more years on their sentence. It may sound like a hotel, but it's not. Life is regimented, phone calls and mail are monitored, visits are carefully controlled. Most likely the food sucks. And the worse part is, your freedom is taken away. No deciding to spend the day lazing around watching Game of Thrones. Or taking a jaunt to your favorite restaurant on your birthday. Or just running to the store for a six pack before the football game or calling and inviting your grandkids over for the afternoon. None of that. Your freedom is gone. The medical care is feeble and if you are on meds, even aspirin, you need to wait in line at the clinic at set times to have the nurse insert in your mouth and watch you swallow.

He's got four years of it coming. The guy screwed over the IRS for years; he did it intentionally and he deserves it, I don't feel sorry for him. But not a single one of us would want to be in his shoes.

The correctional officers at the prison where I worked always told me, they weren't there to punish the inmates. The courts had done that by taking their freedom. So classes and the ability to occasionally see family (notice there is only room for 16 family members on any given weekend and there are hundreds of inmates--so it's not like they're seeing them often) aren't a big deal. We don't throw prisoners into dungeons anymore and force them to live on bread and water.

.....he lied/cheated on his taxes [ like who hasn't??!! ]/lied for a loan [ who hasn't done that??!! ]
...etc
not very serious

There’s no such thing as club Fed. That is a myth. Now there are certain county jails that are like country clubs, but if you’re doing Fed time you’re in no way in for a treat.

There’s no such thing as club Fed. That is a myth. Now there are certain county jails that are like country clubs, but if you’re doing Fed time you’re in no way in for a treat.

Wrong. The prisoners at the Club Fed in Alabama played in the same softball league that I did at Gunter Air Force Station. Their day job was maintaining the Air Force base's golf course

I had a relative in a low security facility. There were few guards and hundreds of prisoners. There was a fence, with a double security gate and a perimeter patrol. Razor wire on top of the double chain link fences. There were no escapes in the history of the facility because if you did and got caught, you went to the zoo up on the hill that was high security, never to return to the dorm rooms, recreation facilities, and paid work recycling electronics.

Last edited:
There are no bars, towers, locks on rooms or barbed wire fences. The facility has been described as 'peaceful' by former inmates who say there's never more than 500 people locked up at once, and sometimes the number is several hundred less than that.

The reason why such an institution is relatively peaceful is due to the fact that the inmates aren't hardened criminals. Those who commit non-violent acts like tax fraud or mattress tag desecration aren't put into the same institutions as mass murderers or terrorists.

Jesus Christ, the dude tried to evade the idiotic Federal Tax Code, which is totally insane. And misrepresented himself for a bank loan application. He his alleged crimes have ZERO impact on anyone. Meanwhile, democrat darkie savages rape and murder American taxpaying citizens and get 5 years or so and have ruined dozens of once safe cities with their violent crime. Is there an underlying agenda to genocide Whitey? No, of course not. That is racist!

He's been in solitary confinement for close to a year. That's not even humane. He's in very bad physcal health now.

What I want to know is why Podesta hasn't been charged with the same thing as Manafort.

Both of them failed to register as foreign agents until after the feds notified them of the obscure regulation. After being notified, both of them registered as agents for Ukrainian political parties.

But only one got charged with a crime. Manafort, who was the one that lobbied the EU for Ukraine's Democratically elected government.

John Podesta lobbied for the criminals that violently overthrew the democratically elected government. He should be a sculpture hanging in his brother's house of horrors, IMO

This one really is that bad. No fences, no bars, nothing. They can come and go as they please. It's known as a minimum security camp.

The Maryland 'Club Fed' prison where Paul Manafort will serve four-year tax fraud sentence | Daily Mail Online

I worked at a minimum security prison for awhile. Same deal--dormitory type housing, no towers or locks on rooms, there was a fence from when it had been a medium security facility, but the gate was always wide open. Inmates were all over the yard doing their jobs or going from place to place.

There are guards watching that gate from their cameras and sometimes their windows. If a prisoner "walks off," (that's called an escape, folks) they will be transferred to a higher security facility and also receive several more years on their sentence. It may sound like a hotel, but it's not. Life is regimented, phone calls and mail are monitored, visits are carefully controlled. Most likely the food sucks. And the worse part is, your freedom is taken away. No deciding to spend the day lazing around watching Game of Thrones. Or taking a jaunt to your favorite restaurant on your birthday. Or just running to the store for a six pack before the football game or calling and inviting your grandkids over for the afternoon. None of that. Your freedom is gone. The medical care is feeble and if you are on meds, even aspirin, you need to wait in line at the clinic at set times to have the nurse insert in your mouth and watch you swallow.

He's got four years of it coming. The guy screwed over the IRS for years; he did it intentionally and he deserves it, I don't feel sorry for him. But not a single one of us would want to be in his shoes.

The correctional officers at the prison where I worked always told me, they weren't there to punish the inmates. The courts had done that by taking their freedom. So classes and the ability to occasionally see family (notice there is only room for 16 family members on any given weekend and there are hundreds of inmates--so it's not like they're seeing them often) aren't a big deal. We don't throw prisoners into dungeons anymore and force them to live on bread and water.

Those prisons are reserved for white collar criminals. Prisoners in regular prisons would love to be there. The club feds are technically prisons, but don't try to pretend they are anything like what the vast majority of prisoners experience. Manafort's sentence, which is dramatically shorter than the national guidelines that a less well connected criminal would get, is an insult to the country.

Manafort should be pardoned. Hillary should be in jail.

He's been in solitary confinement for close to a year. That's not even humane. He's in very bad physcal health now.
Try not to feel too sorry for him. He is IN jail because he violated his bail conditions by witness tampering. He can't stop being a crook even when he's being watched like a hawk. Not that I like hearing he is sick.

PARDONED? Are you serious? Yeah, by all means, let Trump pardon Manafort and give the House one more example of abuse of power.

PARDONED? Are you serious? Yeah, by all means, let Trump pardon Manafort and give the House one more example of abuse of power.

I don't think he should pardon Manafort, but your reasoning is flawed yet again. The House could give a shit less about abuse of power as they have no control as the Constitution says they have no input. That is just one more reason they need to take every member of Congress, regardless of political party and slap them in a classroom for about two weeks of intensive study on the Constitution.

Forum List

Back