Manchin Screws 36 million poor and middle class

"Manchin has cited concerns about higher spending and deficits fueling price pressures next year as his main reason for opposing the president’s signature policy initiative.

Economists have said, however, the bill won’t make a large difference to inflation next year, despite adding to deficits. Researchers at the Penn Wharton Budget Model, which Manchin has previously cited, estimated last week the measure would add 0.1 to 0.2 percentage points to inflation over the next two years."

Money supply is a variable in maintaining the target inflation rate of 2-5%.
In other words, you can't finance the government by printing money because the result will be runaway inflation as they had in German in 1923 and in Zimbabwe and in Brazil.

In other words, you can't finance the government by printing money because the result will be runaway inflation as they had in German in 1923 and in Zimbabwe and in Brazil.
Wrong. The government being financed by printing money is indisputable. You conservatives don’t accept it because you hate government spending that helps working people. The USA is not the Weimar Republic or Zimbabwe- despite how much you conservatives want to turn this country into a conquered war torn shithole.

Wrong. The government being financed by printing money is indisputable.
It's partially financed by printing money, and that amount causes a lot of economic harm.

You conservatives don’t accept it because you hate government spending that helps working people. The USA is not the Weimar Republic or Zimbabwe- despite how much you conservatives want to turn this country into a conquered war torn shithole.
It will be Weimer Germany if we pursue the same monetary policies as Weimer Germany, and we are headed down that path. Your believe that "it can't happen here" has been shown to be wrong numerous times. You're just a douchebag left-winger trying to justify unlimited spending.

Lesh, we've been through this before. When the debt is paid off, it goes back into the pockets of the people who lent the money. It does not vanish.

If I lend you 100 dollars and then you pay me back, that money didn't vanish.
You and I both know that the Fed creates money out of thin air and lends it out.

When that money is repaid it goes back to thin air.

You are not a bank

It's partially financed by printing money, and that amount causes a lot of economic harm.

It will be Weimer Germany if we pursue the same monetary policies as Weimer Germany, and we are headed down that path. Your believe that "it can't happen here" has been shown to be wrong numerous times. You're just a douchebag left-winger trying to justify unlimited spending.
Nope. All US government expenditures are done by (electronically) printing money. The money is wired into the appropriate accounts. Poof!

Weimar Republic owed war debt to other countries. But don’t let the facts get in your way. You conservatives despise working people. Next Republican President you’ll be here bragging about tax cuts for the rich. Pathetic.

Nope. All US government expenditures are done by (electronically) printing money. The money is wired into the appropriate accounts. Poof!
You are the one who objected to my claim that I haven't touched paper money in six months. Now you're using the term. You can't even keep your own arguments straight.

Weimar Republic owed war debt to other countries. But don’t let the facts get in your way. You conservatives despise working people. Next Republican President you’ll be here bragging about tax cuts for the rich. Pathetic.

It doesn't matter why they printed the money. All that matters is that it did, and the result was hyper inflation.

Don't let the facts get in your way.

You are the one who objected to my claim that I haven't touched paper money in six months. Now you're using the term. You can't even keep your own arguments straight.

It doesn't matter why they printed the money. All that matters is that it did, and the result was hyper inflation.

Don't let the facts get in your way.
Nope. That’s a deliberate obfuscation because your argument is shit. “Printing money” always meant money creation. Everyone else in this thread understood that.

Bullshit. The “why” is always important. Show us you understand why the Weimar Republic went on a printing spree.

You and I both know that the Fed creates money out of thin air and lends it out.

When that money is repaid it goes back to thin air.

What does that have to do with the Treasury repaying its debt and that money not
disappearing into thin air?

Forum List

Back