Manchin & Sinema saved the filibuster, refused to pass most of Joe Biden's agenda, & are now breaking with Dems on the Dem limit. The GOP is delighted

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
Remember in 2017 when Manchin and Sinema both voted no for the Trump tax cuts for the wealthy? Now they refuse to help repeal them, so the Dems need a different strategy.

Good. Manchin is running for president third party. I'll bring this back up when it happens.

from the article:

“Many others agree with them among my Democratic friends, but they’re just not saying it. They’ve got to stick with Sen. Schumer’s party line,” Sen. John Kennedy (R-La.) said of Manchin and Sinema’s “very helpful” treatment of the debt limit.

“We’re all together on the floor, and I follow what they say publicly, and they’re both being very adult about it.”

There’s unfinished business for Manchin in the debt talks after the Senate rejected his energy permitting reform bill, which could make a return appearance in any deal. That’s on top of the prospect that the talks could address his continued complaints about the Biden administration’s implementation of the Democratic tax, climate and health care bill he helped write last year.

Sen. Shelley Moore Capito (R-W.Va.), who appeared at an event with Manchin challenger-in-waiting Gov. Jim Justice last week, said she still appreciates Manchin’s rhetoric about debt negotiations: “I totally agree with what he says.”

Why aren't the media glorifying these two mavericks who are willing to stand up to Sleepy Joe?

Like they did with Mitt Romney and the Late John McCain when the Trumpster ruled America?

Progs got what they wanted. This is a deflection to what they got. They ran roughshod the first two years of the illegitimate potato in office. They got near everything they wanted. Adn they got the judges at all levels. and are still getting them. They unceremoniously dumped an older supreme court judge for an insane younger female African American judge.

Forum List

Back