Manhattan DA convenes "special" grand jury in Trump criminal probe

Prosecutors in New York have convened a grand jury to hear evidence against President Donald Trump and potentially decide whether he will face charges, The Washington Post reported Tuesday.

Trump and his businesses, including top executives, have been under investigation in the state for more than two years. Jurors were convened “recently,” the paper said, citing two people familiar with the probe, and will be expected to sit three days a week for three months.

This story is developing...

Prosecutors Convene Grand Jury To Weigh Potential Trump Charges

Sounds like things are heating up.
57eec510e1c11.image.jpg

Cy Vance wouldnt bother if there was nothing.
Nope, federal indictments only occur when they believe they have an open & shut case.
That’s why 95% of them result in a conviction.
As for your “nothingburger” -
Looks delicious! :eek2yum:

Prosecutors in New York have convened a grand jury to hear evidence against President Donald Trump and potentially decide whether he will face charges, The Washington Post reported Tuesday.

Trump and his businesses, including top executives, have been under investigation in the state for more than two years. Jurors were convened “recently,” the paper said, citing two people familiar with the probe, and will be expected to sit three days a week for three months.

57eec510e1c11.image.jpg

Cy Vance wouldnt bother if there was nothing.

Tackle that pile of garbage, and about all you'll end up with is heartburn and trip to the hospital for impacted bowels.
Not forgetting that you are full of shit anyway ... :thup:

Lol,you said the same thing about the Mueller report.
The one where Barr lied and decided that trump was innocent of Obstruction before he even read the report? You mean that Mueller report?

I’m getting bored with batting you around Angry Lil Man
I'm sure you don't like it when you can't win the debate.
What debate? Vance has convened a Grand Jury in decide it trump or his organization should be Indicted. As many as 23 people will hear the evidence and decide his fate. There is NO debate.

And The Don is losing his mind, cause he knows he is a criminal.

Trump didn't incorporate.

So that business isn't a separate entity from trump. That business and trump are one and the same.

So that business can't be indicted.

trump is 100% responsible for all crimes committed in his business because he is the business. It's not separate from him.

trump will be indicted for any crimes committed in his business. So will all those who worked at his business and committed any crimes.

It will be interesting to see how this goes.
I'll be watching it for the sheer, embarrassing spectacle. But the larger and more important problem remains: The alternate universe remains, they'll defend and deny and attack for him no matter what, and this whole thing could end up just making it more intense. It may shrink a bit, but I don't know how much effect that will have.
They’re losing their minds over this. Even if their Donald is convicted and sent to Club Fed, they’ll call it a Deep State witch hunt and start planning a prison break to free him.
Cuz Cult ;)
Sure, he'd be a martyr for their jihad. This is all predictable.

Trump didn't incorporate.

So that business isn't a separate entity from trump. That business and trump are one and the same.

So that business can't be indicted.

trump is 100% responsible for all crimes committed in his business because he is the business. It's not separate from him.

trump will be indicted for any crimes committed in his business. So will all those who worked at his business and committed any crimes.

Sweetie ... This investigation is headed for the same trash can the Durham Report is.
They just haven't landed there yet ... :thup:

A special one that will help the DA invent a crime?:auiqs.jpg:
Everyone with half a brain knows what the crimes are. You should pay more attention and stop making excuses!!

Then it should be easy for you to list, oh, let's say six of them.

Go ahead...
Tax evasion, over and undervaluing assets, insurance fraud, bank fraud, real estate fraud, securities fraud and probable money laundering.

Everyone with half a brain knows what the crimes are. You should pay more attention and stop making excuses!!

Go ahead...
Tax evasion, over and undervaluing assets, insurance fraud, bank fraud, real estate fraud, securities fraud and probable money laundering.

Hmmm... Okay, yeah, that's what I thought.

See, by saying "probable money laundering" you tip your hand to show that you don't have a fucking clue. I can't find a single instance where someone was prosecuted even unsuccessfully, for "probable money laundering".

If there are crimes, those crimes have criminal codes. What are those? There are several layers of insurance fraud, for example. Which one is Trump being charged with? What are the criminal codes?

Or, simply admit that those are so-called crimes you hope he's charged with, and that you actually have no clue what charges, if any, Trump might face.

Also, and this is just for fun: If evidence is found that Trump committed a crime, but the statute of limitations has expired for that crime, what do you think should happen?

Last edited:

Grand Juries can indict a ham sandwich. LOL
The first charge will be the fact that trump kept two books. One was for paying taxes and the other was for getting loans on his properties. That is the civil part of the case. But there is a criminal side. That will be the zinger....

Keeping two sets of books is not uncommon.

You have to meet certain regulatory requirements in one set. That is spelled out.

The other set is likely more germane to the actual business.

You an accountant ?

The first charge will be the fact that trump kept two books. One was for paying taxes and the other was for getting loans on his properties. That is the civil part of the case. But there is a criminal side. That will be the zinger....

You have to meet certain regulatory requirements in one set. That is spelled out.

So you're saying that purposely under-valuing property for tax treatment and purposely over-valuing the same property for insurance underwriting is legal?

Is that what you're saying?

I have no idea what was on his books.

I WAS saying that it isn't uncommon for businesses to keep two sets of books.

Try reading.

So you're saying that purposely under-valuing property for tax treatment and purposely over-valuing the same property for insurance underwriting is legal?

Try reading.
I did. Which I why I reacted to the ignorant post.

Try reading.
trump was defrauding the US and state governments of tax revenue at the same time he was inflating his RE values in order to defraud banks and insurance companies. Weisselberg will flip and trump will be indicted.

Try reading.
Please tell the Grand Jury it "isn't uncommon for businesses to keep two sets of books."

Try reading.

Wrong again....

Try reading.
Please tell the Grand Jury it "isn't uncommon for businesses to keep two sets of books."

Try reading.

Wrong again....
I guess you didn't read the posts that say it isn't legal.

And there is a difference between bookkeeping and property valuation.

My 35 or so business financial clients would agree with me.

I know you have to defend the man you adore. But arrogant ignorance isn't the way to do it.

Let's warm up the electrodes :)

Go ahead...

Hmmm... Okay, yeah, that's what I thought.

See, by saying "probable money laundering" you tip your hand to show that you don't have a fucking clue. I can't find a single instance where someone was prosecuted even unsuccessfully, for "probable money laundering".

If there are crimes, those crimes have criminal codes. What are those? There are several layers of insurance fraud, for example. Which one is Trump being charged with? What are the criminal codes?

Or, simply admit that those are so-called crimes you hope he's charged with, and that you actually have no clue what charges, if any, Trump might face.

Also, and this is just for fun: If evidence is found that Trump committed a crime, but the statute of limitations has expired for that crime, what do you think should happen?
NONE of Donnie’s crimes currently investigated by year’s end resulting in indictments will be past statute.
Do enjoy the festivities :D

Forum List

Back