Manhattan DA convenes "special" grand jury in Trump criminal probe

Prosecutors in New York have convened a grand jury to hear evidence against President Donald Trump and potentially decide whether he will face charges, The Washington Post reported Tuesday.

Trump and his businesses, including top executives, have been under investigation in the state for more than two years. Jurors were convened “recently,” the paper said, citing two people familiar with the probe, and will be expected to sit three days a week for three months.

This story is developing...

Prosecutors Convene Grand Jury To Weigh Potential Trump Charges

Sounds like things are heating up.
Grand Juries can indict a ham sandwich. LOL

Wow, who told you that? Has that ever happened? They can also indict Trump and his family and his cronies.

Prosecutors in New York have convened a grand jury to hear evidence against President Donald Trump and potentially decide whether he will face charges, The Washington Post reported Tuesday.

Trump and his businesses, including top executives, have been under investigation in the state for more than two years. Jurors were convened “recently,” the paper said, citing two people familiar with the probe, and will be expected to sit three days a week for three months.

Wow, who told you that? They can also indict Trump and his family and his cronies.
Otherwise known as deep state revenge. Take your two tier justice system and shove it.

Wow, who told you that? They can also indict Trump and his family and his cronies.
Otherwise known as deep state revenge. Take your two tier justice system and shove it.

Don't worry, sparky. Trump has probably already issued "secret" pardons for everyone.

Don't worry, sparky. Trump has probably already issued "secret" pardons for everyone.
That is cute dim bulb maybe he will reserve one for you. LOL

Sy Vance didn't hire Mark F. Pomerantz for nothing.

1621992190145.png

Wow, who told you that? Has that ever happened? They can also indict Trump and his family and his cronies.
they can abuse their positions to harass trump and hope that a bigger court doesn't come down on them and go after them criminally for abuse of prosecution. Time for the feds to start arrest corrupt New yorkers

Why persecute just one? Communists can multi-task.

MSNBC is reporting that this "special" grand jury will be meeting three time a week for six months. Wow...
And when Donnie gets called to testify, he can’t bring an attorney..
Excellent - The man is a Lie Machine :D
Well. he can bring one, but no one is going to be willing to represent him when he refused to pay his previous ones.

And he isn't entitled to public defense, since he can afford a private attorney. The public defenders office only is required to provide attornies for those who don't have the resources to hire their own.

Trump cannot bring a lawyer into the grand jury. Period.

Since when? Cause last time I checked, attornies are allowed during indictment hearings, which is what the grand jury is.

They're desperate to stop Trump running in 2024, they know he'll win a landslide after the destruction the Democrats cause to the US.

Meanwhile, "The Big Guy," Hunter Biden, and China are calling the shots over here.

We had the only guy who could save us and I just watched a chuckling President with dementia talk about ice cream.

Some interesting material for other threads in this one.
But they will be very careful if the indictment is for an ex president....Also, it could just be against the business,
I quite agree with the poster 'Care4all'.
This one is for big stakes. Vance and his office know the microscope is on them.
I kinda sorta suspect (caveat: I ain't no lawyer)....but I kinda suspect they have a lot of the loose ends pretty well nailed down by now. They've had the time. They've been given roadmaps with the tax returns and with Michael Cohen. And did I mention subpoena power?
But, I don't bet on stuff like this. So we'll watch it with interest.

Notable: There is some unvetted stat floating around that 95% to 99% of all grand juries return at least one indictment. I dunno if that is true. And can't find an authoritative link.
"Donny's Magical Mystery Under The Bus Tour."

Now that is an possibility that I think we CAN expect.
There is likely an Eeenie Meenie Miney Mo going on in the skull sessions with the defense lawyers right now.

I can imagine it going like this:
“I don’t know this Alan Weisselberg. Don’t know anything about him. Maybe I met him once in a line. I think he brought me a coffee once. I hear he says nice things about me.”

(or, will Weisselberg do a Frank Pentangeli in his bathtub in order to protect his family? Where's Fredo when we need him?)

Nothing to do with the Deep State, and everything to do with the fact that Donald Trump was, is and always shall be a criminal. They can't arrest or convict you if you haven't committed any crimes.

It's really fucking hard for the Deep State or anyone else, to prosecute you if you haven't committed any crimes. Just ask Hillary Clinton. They've been after Hillary since 1990. Clinton has cleverly evaded arrest and conviction by not being a criminal. Without evidence, witnesses, or crimes, there has been no problem. 25 investigations - still no charges.

MSNBC is reporting that this "special" grand jury will be meeting three time a week for six months. Wow...
Well. he can bring one, but no one is going to be willing to represent him when he refused to pay his previous ones.

And he isn't entitled to public defense, since he can afford a private attorney. The public defenders office only is required to provide attornies for those who don't have the resources to hire their own.

Trump cannot bring a lawyer into the grand jury. Period.

Since when? Cause last time I checked, attornies are allowed during indictment hearings, which is what the grand jury is.

Since around the 1600s for grand juries. Google it...

Do You Have a Right to a Lawyer If You Are Testifying Before a Grand Jury?​

No, you do not have a right to a lawyer if you are testifying before a federal grand jury in the United States.

The constitutional right to a lawyer comes from the Sixth Amendment, but it only guarantees a lawyer in criminal proceedings – usually after a defendant has been indicted or otherwise charged with a crime. Giving testimony before a grand jury – even if the witness is the target of the investigation – does not qualify as a criminal proceeding because, at that time, the witness has not been indicted or charged with a crime.

In fact, grand jury secrecy rules dating to the 1600s actually prohibit lawyers from entering the grand jury room during testimony. In federal court today, only the witness, the prosecutor, and a court reporter – and, of course, the grand jurors – are allowed to be present during grand jury testimony.

They're desperate to stop Trump running in 2024, they know he'll win a landslide after the destruction the Democrats cause to the US.

Meanwhile, "The Big Guy," Hunter Biden, and China are calling the shots over here.

We had the only guy who could save us and I just watched a chuckling President with dementia talk about ice cream.

Plutonium has addled your brains, Jim. Trump lost in a landslide last time, which was more than he lost the popular vote by in 2016. Trump has never won ANY election, not even the 2016 nomination. He won the Republican nomination with 44.9% of the vote. More than half the Republicans voted for someone else.

The guy destroyed the country, and left behind a deeply indebted smoking wreck.

You're continued denigration of Joe Biden's intellect, reveals that YOU should be checked for soundness of mind. Anyone who things that Donald Trump is the answer, is listening to the wrong questions.

Not at all loon. A 2024 run would be fascinating! :cool-45:

1621997044922.jpeg

Plutonium has addled your brains, Jim. Trump lost in a landslide last time, which was more than he lost the popular vote by in 2016. Trump has never won ANY election, not even the 2016 nomination. He won the Republican nomination with 44.9% of the vote. More than half the Republicans voted for someone else.

The guy destroyed the country, and left behind a deeply indebted smoking wreck.

You're continued denigration of Joe Biden's intellect, reveals that YOU should be checked for soundness of mind. Anyone who things that Donald Trump is the answer, is listening to the wrong questions.
Go easy on ‘em. The more they lower expectations for ol’ Uncle Joe, the easier it is for him to clear the bar! :)

I hope they throw dumb Don in Supermax because then, just maybe, they’ll then realize W and O should be there too. Biden probably.
You're too pathetic to go to a supermax. A playpen is about your speed.

He will fight that all the way to the Supreme Court.

He will do anything he can to not testify. Especially without a lawyer with him.

It will be interesting to see how this goes.

Forum List

Back