🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Manning Got Pissy ...????

HUGGY

I Post Because I Care
Mar 24, 2009
Seattle at large...Ballard lately
Somebody needed to tell Manning it was a meaningless preseason game tonight.

For Christ's sakes he got a TD !!! OK..Wilson threw for a pair and the score was 33-7 at the half when the one's started to sit out the rest of the game.

BUT..for two qtrs it was real football..hard hitting... several spectacular plays.. a 108 yard TD return and a recovered fumble at the goal line that was run back 107 yards for a TD by the Seahawk defense.

Manning actually outplayed Wilson in overall yardage but that's where the highlights slowed down for the Donkeys.

Seattle made good use of four turnovers and the game quickly got out of hand for Manning and co.

It was comforting to see Manning getting pissy on the sidelines. He was visibly and clearly mad.

There has been a lot of talk around here how the preseason means nothing. I don't know...maybe Peyton got a bad phone call from the wife... He was pissed about something.

Maybe it was Wilson's QB rating of 141.3...???? U Mad Bro?

Last edited:
Even tho' it was just a preseason game, if I was a Bronco's fan, which I'm not, I'd be concerned.

Statistics in a preseason game can be meaningless.. or..they can be interesting.

Two things...make that three things happened outside of the normal QB play for both teams.

There was a strip of a Bronco reciever after a long throw...a great catch near the twenty in double coverage and the ball was taken out of the recievers hands and returned back to past midfield by Kam Chancellor. Short field for Wilson..we score. Then Broncos score with a good catch by Welker, he sprains his ankle on the YAC, but on the ensuing KO Kearse ..normally a reciever steps in and runs the ball back 107 yards to paydirt. THEN Broncos have a long field and make it all the way to the 6 inch line and a Seahawk slams his helmet into the ball and BINGO Browner picks it up in the endzone and scampers back 106 yards for another score.

Point is that Manning got the ball back three times in short order in the first half and got one TD 7 PTs and Seattle scored three times with Wilson having the ball for just a few seconds. 21 pts.

Wilson was 8 for twelve but the offense was on the field for less than ten minutes in the first half. Seahawks led 33-7 at the end of the first half. There was a 45 minute stretch when the Seahawk offense never stepped onto the field. That's what happens when a team has great special team plays and a defense that forces turnovers and scores or recovers fumbles and gets huge YACs after a fumble.

If our team wasn't scoring on KOs and running back over 100 yards on fumbles Manning would have only seen the ball half as long as he did.

So did Manning play better than Wilson? No..he had twice as many opportunities through no result of his own ability...scored only one TD.

Final score Seahawks 40-10. Did Wilson play better than Manning? Yes. QBR 141.3 two TDs

What did Carroll do, leave Wilson in so he could rack up stats against players who will be working at Walmart in a couple of weeks?

What did Carroll do, leave Wilson in so he could rack up stats against players who will be working at Walmart in a couple of weeks?

You wish. Wilson only played in the first half just like Manning. He didn't get that much time because like I said in my previous reply our D and STs kept scoring and giving the ball back to Manning. FOUR..count em FOUR turnovers Dude. Against the ones of the AFC team everyone has picked to go to the superbowl. AND ya the scrubs duked it out in the second half. Our backup QB, Jackson, tore up the Donko's wannabees in half dos and ended up with a QB rating of 141.4.

I love it.... Manning last saturday and now we go up to GB and the heralded Rodgers on national TV (CBS) Friday night. This particular preseason is an excellent tuneup for our ones.

Curious ??? who's your team?

Manning actually outplayed Wilson

So manning is the first quarterback in a long line of 2013-2014 quarterbacks who are going to outplay Wilson?

:laugh:

That was sarcasm Sparky. Manning didn't outplay Wilson. Wilson was off the charts great. The only stat that Manning had better than Wilson was total passing yards. That was because his offense had twice as many opportunities with the ball. That's what happens when the other team scores more than you do. You get a lot of KOs. That means you can't put the ball in the endzone even though you have a bizillion chances..AKA...you SUCK!

Manning actually outplayed Wilson

So manning is the first quarterback in a long line of 2013-2014 quarterbacks who are going to outplay Wilson?

That was sarcasm Sparky. Manning didn't outplay Wilson. Wilson was off the charts great. The only stat that Manning had better than Wilson was total passing yards. That was because his offense had twice as many opportunities with the ball. That's what happens when the other team scores more than you do. You get a lot of KOs. That means you can't put the ball in the endzone even though you have a bizillion chances..AKA...you SUCK!

His offense had twice as many opportunies??? Damn! That must be a pretty good offense!

His offense had twice as many opportunies??? Damn! That must be a pretty good offense!

Ya...that's how it works... The more ya get the ball ...the better your offense is... :cuckoo:

You wish. Wilson only played in the first half just like Manning. He didn't get that much time because like I said in my previous reply our D and STs kept scoring and giving the ball back to Manning. FOUR..count em FOUR turnovers Dude. Against the ones of the AFC team everyone has picked to go to the superbowl. AND ya the scrubs duked it out in the second half. Our backup QB, Jackson, tore up the Donko's wannabees in half dos and ended up with a QB rating of 141.4.

I love it.... Manning last saturday and now we go up to GB and the heralded Rodgers on national TV (CBS) Friday night. This particular preseason is an excellent tuneup for our ones.

I'll give you a clue. Carroll was once their head coach.

I'll give you a clue. Carroll was once their head coach.

No wonder you are bitter. :lol:

Even tho' it was just a preseason game, if I was a Bronco's fan, which I'm not, I'd be concerned.

Bronco's linebacker Von Miller receives 6 game suspension for violating the leagues substance abuse policy. What a putz!!!
It's gonna hurt to be a Broncos fan this year. The upside for them is they are in one of the weakest divisions in football.
Still glad I'm not a Broncs fan.......:coffee:.

Forum List

Back