Marco Rubio op-ed in the NY Post: "Corporations that undermine America don’t deserve our support"

Interesting op-ed but a little confused.

On one hand it's talking about legitimate issues of relationships between corporations and labor which has become more and more abusive. It also rebukes traditional Republican dogma that cutting taxes and regulations would result in corporate investment in the community when the reality (as liberals have been saying) is that they're taking those breaks and making themselves far richer. These are indeed problems where corporations are in essence plundering the nation.

But then he has a lot of lines there about "wokeness" as if this has anything to do with the first topic. A corporation taking a stand on a societal issue isn't undermining America. It's undermining the Republican agenda. Marco, those are not the same thing.

On one hand it's talking about legitimate issues of relationships between corporations and labor which has become more and more abusive. It also rebukes traditional Republican dogma that cutting taxes and regulations would result in corporate investment in the community when the reality (as liberals have been saying) is that they're taking those breaks and making themselves far richer. These are indeed problems where corporations are in essence plundering the nation.

But then he has a lot of lines there about "wokeness" as if this has anything to do with the first topic. A corporation taking a stand on a societal issue isn't undermining America. It's undermining the Republican agenda. Marco, those are not the same thing.

They aren't taking a stand. They are playing a public relations shell game intended to bolster their market share. They will slam Georgia for its voting law and still do business seven days a week in China where democracy doesn't even exist.

They aren't taking a stand. They are playing a public relations shell game intended to bolster their market share. They will slam Georgia for its voting law and still do business seven days a week in China where democracy doesn't even exist.
Even if that's your view, which isn't all that controversial and a totally legitimate view, that's still not undermining America.

It may be undermining the Republican party which Rubio is a bit upset about, but not the country.

he will make a great president one day

Seems to me like self-serving drivel that only comes across as believable if you've never heard about Rubio before the op-ed.

Being the champion of working class Americans and opposing corporate greed doesn't work if you vote against legislation designed to regulate banking after the mortgage crisis that made millions lose their homes. It doesn't work if you vote for tax breaks that are used by companies to buy back stock. It doesn't work if you are against the Democrats passing legislation that builds roads, helps to increase access to the internet, gives people extra child support, makes college affordable by taxing rich peole.

Being for family values don't work if you support someone like Trump.

I understand why he writes this stuff. I don't understand how someone who is active on here can believe he actually is serious in good faith.

Even if that's your view, which isn't all that controversial and a totally legitimate view, that's still not undermining America.

It may be undermining the Republican party which Rubio is a bit upset about, but not the country.

Some would argue that undermining the political process, left or right, undermines America. Your position seems to be that only what the democrats support is "American".

Some would argue that undermining the political process, left or right, undermines America. Your position seems to be that only what the democrats support is "American".
I guess I'm not sure how it can be said that they're undermining the political process.

My position is not that only what the democrats support is American, but I hardly think an American company making a political statement is somehow un-American.

Seems to me like self-serving drivel that only comes across as believable if you've never heard about Rubio before the op-ed.

Being the champion of working class Americans and opposing corporate greed doesn't work if you vote against legislation designed to regulate banking after the mortgage crisis that made millions lose their homes. It doesn't work if you vote for tax breaks that are used by companies to buy back stock. It doesn't work if you are against the Democrats passing legislation that builds roads, helps to increase access to the internet, gives people extra child support, makes college affordable by taxing rich peole.

I understand why he writes this stuff. I don't understand how someone who is active on here can believe he actually is serious in good faith.
Banking regulations favored the big banks that could manage all of the new regulations, and they gobbled up smaller banks (by design). The infrastructure bill is what 90% non infrastructure? Is the the extra child support income based? So if you marry the father of the child/children and combine incomes you don't qualify, so encouraging more bastard babies. Do you really think that there is going to be some dedicated government account where increased tax dollars go and then flow out to pay college tuitions LOL. How is Trump not family oriented? All of his offspring are top shelf.

I guess I'm not sure how it can be said that they're undermining the political process.

My position is not that only what the democrats support is American, but I hardly think an American company making a political statement is somehow un-American.
Most large corporations are international, even if they started in America.

So their focus changes.

Banking regulations favored the big banks that could manage all of the new regulations, and they gobbled up smaller banks (by design). The infrastructure bill is what 90% non infrastructure? Is the the extra child support income based? So if you marry the father of the child/children and combine incomes you don't qualify, so encouraging more bastard babies. Do you really think that there is going to be some dedicated government account where increased tax dollars go and then flow out to pay college tuitions LOL. How is Trump not family oriented? All of his offspring are top shelf.
Top shelf that needed pardons.

Most large corporations are international, even if they started in America.

So their focus changes.
Being an international corporation does not rob them of their rights to freedom of speech.

Yeah sort of a bait and switch op ed. Social Media is a new phenomena that no one really knows how to deal with. The corporations want immunity from being sued over content posted by others, yet it IS ILLEGAL (civil law) to intentionally make false statements ... it's called libel. It's also illegal (criminal) for a pol campaign to coordinate with a for govt. And Trumpstettes, traditional republican, and all stripes of dems have axes to grind. It's not a partisan issue, though both parties pretend it is. It would be good if Rubio retrieved the manhood he surrendered to Trump and addressed the issue.

But the reasons corporations pubically boycotted GA over abortion restrictions is because they saw it as protecting their workers, whom they need
Georgia's highly restrictive abortion law spurs boycott by multiple film production companies (nbcnews.com)

And baseball moved the all star game because the GA voting law put players in a political spotlight, and Manfred said no thanks.

Polticians can pass laws that piss off one group to suck up to another group, but corporations exist to make money and sell a product. They don't have to sit around and be punching bag for any pol party seeking to pander.

dogma that cutting taxes and regulations would result in corporate investment in the community when the reality (as liberals have been saying) is that they're taking those breaks and making themselves far richer.
Wait, so you're telling us that these tycoons are sitting on all their money and not re-investing?

:laughing0301:

Bullshit!!!

They may not be investing that way you commie shits want them to invest (waste)(welfare handouts), but money does no good sitting still.

Wait, so you're telling us that these tycoons are sitting on all their money and not re-investing?
Yeah, they’re not really.

We were told they businesses were going to reinvest the money by expanding production and therefore employment.

That didn’t happen.

Rubio is a fascist. Republicans including Rubio are undermining America and it's values. Abusing your position undermines American values..

Forum List

Back