Marriage rates are at an all-time low.

I have seen several instances in which infidelity among married women is discussed, but men's infidelities are ignored or glossed over.

Perhaps with "liberation" came the idea to cheat as much as men.

A woman cheats and she is labeled as a slut, a man does it and we make him president.

A man has sex with lots of different women and they are viewed as a stud, a woman does it lots of men they are a whore.

It is one of the biggest double standards that still exit in our society today.

Last edited:
braalian
Well I’m not sure what this has to do with the trend of people not getting married in the first place, but it certainly has a bearing on the issue of people being unmarried as the result of divorce. Perhaps the number of people who were married , but no longer are, are factored into the “marriage rate statistic, in which case this would be realivent to the topic.

Its interesting the article that you link to makes no mention of the rate that men ‘cheat . It seems to put the entire onus on women, given an air of misogyny to the issue. In any case, I have said many times that I have doubts that the human species is hard wired for monogamy. Yet people routinely freak out , abandon all rational thought and run to the divorce lawyer over any sexual indiscretion committed by a spouse. In our society it is viewed as the ultimate betrayal .

Maybe there is a better way. If people have such a hard time playing by the rules, maybe the rules need to be changed. I am of the belief that moving away from the idea that monogamy is an absolute and immutable aspect of marriage may hold the key. Non-monogamy can take many forms from and “open marriage “ to” dating” another couple to swing parties.

The bottom line is that if women (and men) are not getting what they need from traditional marriage, these alternative may be worth exploring. It can give married couples an opportunity to find fulfillment without “breaking the rules” and thereby avoid the specter of divorce. It may also serve to boost the marriage rate by alleviating the fear of being trapped in an unfulfilling marriage that some people may harbor. Win, win

Or, as an alternative, we can just prohibit women from holding jobs outside of the home, from driving cars, exposing their hair, arms or legs, and going out in public without a male relative as a chaperone . Which do you prefer ?
Welcome to Cuckoldville. Where by your labor, and the sweat of your brow, you too can financially support, and raise some other man's child at the expense of your own finite time on Earth. Lol!!!

And you wonder why everyone realizes you're actually a woman...
A woman cheats and she is labeled as a slut, a man does it and we make him president.

A man has sex with lots of different women and they are viewed as a stud, a woman does it lots of men they are a whore.

It is one of the biggest double standards that still exit in our society today.

I have seen several instances in which infidelity among married women is discussed, but men's infidelities are ignored or glossed over.

Perhaps with "liberation" came the idea to cheat as much as men.
It's called "Peer group selection strategy". . And it's genetically ingrained in all women.

braalian

Welcome to Cuckoldville. Where by your labor, and the sweat of your brow, you too can financially support, and raise some other man's child at the expense of your own finite time on Earth. Lol!!!

How to say "I AM AN INCEL" without using the word.

Well done

Yup. People actually believe that shit What a boatload of bizarre bovine excrement!! “ Clearly this is the effect of the Gay/Lesbian Agenda “ I would ask, how in the name of holy Frankenfuck does that make any sense?? It is beyond stupid to think that supporting gay marriage is -as they seem to think-an attack on “traditional “marriage. It is not a zero sum game. You do not lose something when others win so stop whining. And that shit about “outlawing GLBT relationships.” is over the top outlandish Outlawing relationships. !!! They have no business dictating what relationships consenting adults have None!
There actually is no such thing as “gay marriage”.

During the debate over “same sex marriage” the use of the phrase “Gay marriage” was considered homophobic.

Get this straight. Two same sex individuals that marry do not need to be gay.

It was offered as a compromise, but gays rejected it. Now anyone, not too closely related can marry, regardless of sexuality.

Nope, that doesn’t downgrade the institution at all, right? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Forum List

Back