Marxist Pelosi Fixing Law to Eliminate God from Oath in House. Vote!

Should Pelosi eliminate "so help me God" from oaths in committees?

• No

Votes: 40 58.8%
  • Yes

Votes: 25 36.8%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.4%

• Total voters
Once AGAIN ---- you do **NOT** insert your own words into my post, I said nothing about gods being "partisan" or "nonpartisan", I said they are not PRESENT. Go learn how to read.

And again "Libs" (or "cons" or "parties") have nothing to say about "gods" because THEY'RE NOT A PART OF WHAT THE FUCK THEY DO. THEY HAVE NO RELATIONSHIP. PERIOD.

Once AGAIN for the obtuse --- WE DO NOT HAVE A THEOCRACY. And we're not about to as long as the Constitution exists. GET IT?

Actually, you are dead wrong here. America is "One Nation Under God", a resolution was passed in a bipartisan manner by the US Congress and signed by President Eisenhower to that effect. "In God we Trust" is on our money.

Indeed it was. And that's counterConstitutional bullshit, whether it was done or not. Further it refers to a national prayer, the very existence of which even without that phrase, is bullshit all by itself. We cannot be forced to worship The State. FUCK that. That prayer was contrived, literally, as an advertisement propaganda to sell flags to schools. That's literally what it is, and nobody in the world contrives such a fetish prayer except us and our former colony the Philippines.

Hell, there are still even now blasphemy laws on the books. Completely unConstitutional. I don't give a fuck if something exists, I care that it doesn't have a right to exist.

We run on a Constitution --- not on a fetish prayer drawn up as ad copy in 1892. K?

We are a non-sectarian state, but that doesn't mean that we don't recognize the sovereignty of Almighty God.

Actually that's exactly what it means.

Apparently the simple sentence "we are not a theocracy" continues to fly over your pointy little head. Write it on the blackboard five hundred times until it sinks the fuck in.

Pelosi should put it up to a vote then. If Almighty God should be driven from America, let the Congress vote on it.
What would you support, Polishprince?

I like America the way it is, One Nation Under Almighty God, just like our Pledge says.

However, if the libs disagree, they should put it up to a vote

Why do you continue to ignore the words of Jesus Himself?

Once AGAIN ---- you do **NOT** insert your own words into my post, I said nothing about gods being "partisan" or "nonpartisan", I said they are not PRESENT. Go learn how to read.

And again "Libs" (or "cons" or "parties") have nothing to say about "gods" because THEY'RE NOT A PART OF WHAT THE FUCK THEY DO. THEY HAVE NO RELATIONSHIP. PERIOD.

Once AGAIN for the obtuse --- WE DO NOT HAVE A THEOCRACY. And we're not about to as long as the Constitution exists. GET IT?

Actually, you are dead wrong here. America is "One Nation Under God", a resolution was passed in a bipartisan manner by the US Congress and signed by President Eisenhower to that effect. "In God we Trust" is on our money.

Indeed it was. And that's counterConstitutional bullshit, whether it was done or not. Further it refers to a national prayer, the very existence of which even without that phrase, is bullshit all by itself. We cannot be forced to worship The State. FUCK that. That prayer was contrived, literally, as an advertisement propaganda to sell flags to schools. That's literally what it is, and nobody in the world contrives such a fetish prayer except us and our former colony the Philippines.

Hell, there are still even now blasphemy laws on the books. Completely unConstitutional. I don't give a fuck if something exists, I care that it doesn't have a right to exist.

We run on a Constitution --- not on a fetish prayer drawn up as ad copy in 1892. K?

We are a non-sectarian state, but that doesn't mean that we don't recognize the sovereignty of Almighty God.

Apparently the simple sentence "we are not a theocracy" continues to fly over your pointy little head. Write it on the blackboard five hundred times until it sinks the fuck in.

Pelosi should put it up to a vote then. If Almighty God should be driven from America, let the Congress vote on it.

I like America the way it is, One Nation Under Almighty God, just like our Pledge says.

Once AGAIN we are made of a Constitution (the literal beginning of the country) and not on some fetish-prayer made up to sell flags for a magazine. Do you not read English?

And those of the Constitution itself for that matter.....

The idea that America should disrespect our Creator, Almighty God, is one the founders didn't agree with .

However, if we are going to do it, put it up to a vote. Eliminate all references to God on all government property. Change the name of religiously named places. St. Louis can become Mr. Louis. San Francisco can be change to Señor Frank.

The idea that America should disrespect our Creator, Almighty God, is one the founders didn't agree with .

However, if we are going to do it, put it up to a vote. Eliminate all references to God on all government property. Change the name of religiously named places. St. Louis can become Mr. Louis. San Francisco can be change to Señor Frank.
I hope that doesn't happen, Polishprince,

I think I'd like to see the Democrats back off taking America's traditional support of Godly things away from the notice of future generations our forefathers asked God to bless with liberty.

Pelosi to strike "so help me God" from oath taken in front of key House Committee

Liz Cheney said that the Democrat Party has become the Party of Karl Marx.

What do you think of this latest assault on American values by Nancy Pelosi?

The next step is throwing Christians to the Lions. Enough!

OK, I'm a radical believer in God. What's your take on this latest assault on tradition.. I mean, ...eh...power play??

Please vote. And keep the lockstep ninnyhammering to a minimum, please.

Sneaking religion into government isn't "American values". It's actually anti-American values.

except for the FACT that this country was established on judeo/Christian values and the language of our constitution reflects those values and beliefs.

freedom of religion does not mean freedom from religion or a nation with no religious values.

Sorry if those facts offend you, maybe you would like north korea.

Pelosi to strike "so help me God" from oath taken in front of key House Committee

OK, I'm a radical believer in God. What's your take on this latest assault on tradition.. I mean, ...eh...power play??

Sneaking religion into government isn't "American values". It's actually anti-American values.

except for the FACT that this country was established on judeo/Christian values and the language of our constitution reflects those values and beliefs.

freedom of religion does not mean freedom from religion or a nation with no religious values.

4 words at the end of an oath have nothing to do with the free exercise of religion.

"Libs" have nothing to do with "almighty god". The entire Constitution has nothing to do with "almighty gods". That's all RELIGION. Not politics, not government ---- RELIGION.

Holy SHIT :banghead:

Almighty God is capitalized, that's common courtesy to our Creator. You are right in the sense that Almighty God is non-partisan, and has traditionally been supported by all people and all American political parties. But that's why I think that getting the libs on the record for this as disrespect to God is important.

This is a difference between the parties, and a new one.

You're a fucking troll. Onto Ignore you go. BUH bye.

4 words at the end of an oath have nothing to do with the free exercise of religion.

true, but what is offensive about them? if you don't believe in God, then the oath means nothing to you and you can justify lying under oath as both Clintons and many others have done.

FIne, Pelosi should put it up to a vote. If she doesn't think it is an offense against the 1st Amendment, the courts will decide after the lawsuit.

Almighty God is capitalized, that's common courtesy to our Creator. You are right in the sense that Almighty God is non-partisan, and has traditionally been supported by all people and all American political parties. But that's why I think that getting the libs on the record for this as disrespect to God is important.

This is a difference between the parties, and a new one.

You're a fucking troll. Onto Ignore you go. BUH bye.

so anyone who disagrees with your left wing opinions is put on ignore? must be a very long list. my list only includes assholes, you may become a candidate.

true, but what is offensive about them? if you don't believe in God, then the oath means nothing to you and you can justify lying under oath as both Clintons and many others have done.

So, if the changed the oath to "so help me Allah" would you find it offensive? or would the oath just mean nothing to you?

Do you really think that those 4 words have ever stopped anyone from lying?

FIne, Pelosi should put it up to a vote. If she doesn't think it is an offense against the 1st Amendment, the courts will decide after the lawsuit.

I still am not sure why you keep ignoring the command from Jesus not to make such an oath.

Do you nto care what Jesus said?

exactly, let our elected representatives vote on it, then we can vote on them in the next election. Same with Roe V Wade, put it to a vote, or better yet, a national referendum. Let the people speak.

So, if the changed the oath to "so help me Allah" would you find it offensive? or would the oath just mean nothing to you?

America is one nation under Almighty God, not under Zeus, Allah, Ganesha or any other pagan deity.

I have no issue with muslims using Allah, Buddhists using Buddha, Hindus using Vishnu, or pagans using "the earth". Atheists can use "so help me nothing".

and yes, it would keep me from lying, I cant speak for others, how about you?

I have no issue with muslims using Allah, Buddhists using Buddha, Hindus using Vishnu, or pagans using "the earth". Atheists can use "so help me nothing".

No, those 4 words would not have any impact on me. If one believes in God then they know that God does not like us to lie and that God is always watching so adding those words changes nothing.

Do you feel it is ok to lie if you have not used those 4 words?

America is one nation under Almighty God, not under Zeus, Allah, Ganesha or any other pagan deity.

yet you ignore the commands from your Almighty God...why is that?

No, those 4 words would not have any impact on me. If one believes in God then they know that God does not like us to lie and that God is always watching so adding those words changes nothing.

never ok to lie, but the oath has legal implications. bill Clinton lied under oath, so did Comey, Hillary, and several others. The legal significance is more important than the religions significance. I guess it could be legally significant without the last 4 words, but why are they offensive? Who do they harm?

so you would lie under oath? and if found out are you ready for jail time for perjury?

never ok to lie, but the oath has legal implications. bill Clinton lied under oath, so did Comey, Hillary, and several others. The legal significance is more important than the religions significance. I guess it could be legally significant without the last 4 words, but why are they offensive? Who do they harm?

so you would lie under oath? and if found out are you ready for jail time for perjury?

The oath has the same legal implications with or without the last 4 words. In many places those 4 words have been optional for years and years.

Forum List

Back