Mattis Says He Has Cautioned Trump Not To Visit War Zones

Mattis-and-Trump.jpg

The Leftists will have you believe that the president doesn’t travel to Afghanistan or the Middle East because he’s afraid to.

Horse puckey!

First of all, it’s never been a secret that he doesn’t want to legitimize our involvement in Afghanistan by visiting there. The second, unlike some POTUS’ who’ve gone for the photo ops, he knows how disruptive his visit would be for the troops. Now we learn this:

While some critics insist that President Donald Trump should visit U.S. troops overseas, Defense Secretary James Mattis thinks it unwise. In fact, the SecDef told reporters on Wednesday that he has urged the president to stay away from war zones.

The president is the commander in chief and he decides where he needs to go,” Mattis said. “There are times I don’t want him in certain locations – to be frank with you – for his security and the troops’ security. There’s places that I’ve been very straightforward, I don’t want him to go at certain times.”

Mattis declined to say which countries he has advised the president not to visit.

Since taking office nearly two years ago, Trump has not visited U.S. troops in Iraq, Afghanistan, or elsewhere downrange. The president said during a Nov. 18 Fox News interview that such a trip could be in the works, but he declined to provide specifics, citing security concerns.

As the president prepared to leave the White House for Florida on Tuesday, a reporter asked the president if he is afraid to visit U.S. troops in a war zone.

No, I’m going to a war zone,” Trump replied.

From Mattis Has Cautioned Trump Not To Visit War Zones w/videos

Trump Will Hold Teleconference With Troops Thanksgiving Morning @ Trump Will Hold Teleconference With Troops Thanksgiving Morning

I’m sure the Leftist media will call him a coward for doing this instead of going all the way somewhere for a photo op.

Trump hints could make first visit to Afghanistan @ Trump hints could make first visit to Afghanistan | One America News Network
Excuse making. Typical.

Mattis-and-Trump.jpg

The Leftists will have you believe that the president doesn’t travel to Afghanistan or the Middle East because he’s afraid to.

Horse puckey!

First of all, it’s never been a secret that he doesn’t want to legitimize our involvement in Afghanistan by visiting there. The second, unlike some POTUS’ who’ve gone for the photo ops, he knows how disruptive his visit would be for the troops. Now we learn this:

While some critics insist that President Donald Trump should visit U.S. troops overseas, Defense Secretary James Mattis thinks it unwise. In fact, the SecDef told reporters on Wednesday that he has urged the president to stay away from war zones.

The president is the commander in chief and he decides where he needs to go,” Mattis said. “There are times I don’t want him in certain locations – to be frank with you – for his security and the troops’ security. There’s places that I’ve been very straightforward, I don’t want him to go at certain times.”

Mattis declined to say which countries he has advised the president not to visit.

Since taking office nearly two years ago, Trump has not visited U.S. troops in Iraq, Afghanistan, or elsewhere downrange. The president said during a Nov. 18 Fox News interview that such a trip could be in the works, but he declined to provide specifics, citing security concerns.

As the president prepared to leave the White House for Florida on Tuesday, a reporter asked the president if he is afraid to visit U.S. troops in a war zone.

No, I’m going to a war zone,” Trump replied.

From Mattis Has Cautioned Trump Not To Visit War Zones w/videos

Trump Will Hold Teleconference With Troops Thanksgiving Morning @ Trump Will Hold Teleconference With Troops Thanksgiving Morning

I’m sure the Leftist media will call him a coward for doing this instead of going all the way somewhere for a photo op.

Trump hints could make first visit to Afghanistan @ Trump hints could make first visit to Afghanistan | One America News Network
Trumnp: Draft Dodging, veteran trashing, chickenshit.

The only time Trump will visit a war zone would be if one was near one of his resorts.

I thought this was about Chicago.
He's too chicken to go there, either.
Would you?
If he were president? yes, sure. As evidenced by the fact that all other presidents have done so.
They’ve all gone to Chicago? Even JFK wanted to cancel an appointment with Daley but chickened out on chickening out and relented. (a different type of Chicago war zone)

Would you?
If he were president? yes, sure. As evidenced by the fact that all other presidents have done so.
They’ve all gone to Chicago? Even JFK wanted to cancel an appointment with Daley but chickened out on chickening out and relented. (a different type of Chicago war zone)
Oh, I see. Sorry I don't really subscribe to your overwrought, convenient talking points. You can keep them.

Would you?
Oh, I see. Sorry I don't really subscribe to your overwrought, convenient talking points. You can keep them.
Your misapprehension is not shared.

Would you?
Thank goodness for that. we already have 30 million surrogate trump mommies like you, we don't need 30 million and one.

Would you?
Thank goodness for that. we already have 30 million surrogate trump mommies like you, we don't need 30 million and one.
I was just trying to be pretentious back at ya.

Oh brother...the lengths you guys will go to in attempts to make a man out of this blob.
There's the rub.
You folks on the left needed to do it with Obama, but Trump doesn't need a large group of media conglomerates to make him look like a man.
Even though Trump has no help from any media source....we all know Obama isn't worthy to carry Trump's wallet. It would be too heavy for him.

Obama-Pansy-386x450.jpg
29906170001_3607242943001_0604-USA-NOW-thumbnail.jpg

Forum List

Back