Mayor of Yuma Arizona: Thanks to Trump Our Border Crisis Is Over

Glad somebody 'saved' Yuma. It's the poster child trailer park town every wingnut dreams of.

It beats the left wing nut bag approach which is let the immigrants make it worse.

I'll take almost any major city to include Phoenix and Tucson over Yuma.

Fine, then don't go there. Nobody will miss you. But for the people that do live there, Trump made their lives better for them. I know how that kills you lefties when Republicans make lives better for people.

Trump gets results again.
Democrats hate it when America does better. Watch their responses to this news. You can visualize the spittle flying as they type.

The mayor of the border city of Yuma, Arizona has withdrawn his city's state of emergency that was declared in response to this year’s migrant crisis at the southern border -- saying that the crisis has diminished in recent months.

"I am grateful to be able to withdraw the Proclamation of Emergency due to the Trump Administration's policy changes that diminish the flow of the migrant family units to the Yuma area and prevent releases into the Yuma community,” Mayor Douglas Nicholls said in a statement earlier this month.

Nicholls declared a state of emergency in April near the peaks of the border crisis, when the number of migrants apprehended or turned away at the border soared to over 109,000. That number would hit 144,000 in May, but then decline sharply in the months since then, down to about 42,000 in November. At the time, Nicholls said the state of emergency was "due to the migrant family releases overwhelming the local shelter system."

The administration has credited a slew of measures for bringing down the numbers of migrants approaching the border. Most significantly is the ramping up of the Migrant Protection Protocols (MPP) over the summer -- which sees migrants returned to Mexico as they await their hearings. So far more than 53,000 migrants have been returned to Mexico under MPP. That has been coupled with asylum agreements with countries such as Guatemala and El Salvador that sees migrants sent there to claim asylum instead.

Yuma, Arizona ends state of emergency as migrant crisis diminishes
I thought they just went back to Mexico this time of year to take the money they made, laying brick, building pools, putting up drywall and picking fruit, back to their families in Mexico. They clear out around here in middle to late fall and don't come back until near end of winter.

Glad somebody 'saved' Yuma. It's the poster child trailer park town every wingnut dreams of.

It beats the left wing nut bag approach which is let the immigrants make it worse.

I'll take almost any major city to include Phoenix and Tucson over Yuma.

Fine, then don't go there. Nobody will miss you. But for the people that do live there, Trump made their lives better for them. I know how that kills you lefties when Republicans make lives better for people.

Yuma isn't a destination, it's a pass through.

Democrats hate it when America does better. Watch their responses to this news. You can visualize the spittle flying as they type.

The mayor of the border city of Yuma, Arizona has withdrawn his city's state of emergency that was declared in response to this year’s migrant crisis at the southern border -- saying that the crisis has diminished in recent months.

"I am grateful to be able to withdraw the Proclamation of Emergency due to the Trump Administration's policy changes that diminish the flow of the migrant family units to the Yuma area and prevent releases into the Yuma community,” Mayor Douglas Nicholls said in a statement earlier this month.

Nicholls declared a state of emergency in April near the peaks of the border crisis, when the number of migrants apprehended or turned away at the border soared to over 109,000. That number would hit 144,000 in May, but then decline sharply in the months since then, down to about 42,000 in November. At the time, Nicholls said the state of emergency was "due to the migrant family releases overwhelming the local shelter system."

The administration has credited a slew of measures for bringing down the numbers of migrants approaching the border. Most significantly is the ramping up of the Migrant Protection Protocols (MPP) over the summer -- which sees migrants returned to Mexico as they await their hearings. So far more than 53,000 migrants have been returned to Mexico under MPP. That has been coupled with asylum agreements with countries such as Guatemala and El Salvador that sees migrants sent there to claim asylum instead.

I thought they just went back to Mexico this time of year to take the money they made, laying brick, building pools, putting up drywall and picking fruit, back to their families in Mexico. They clear out around here in middle to late fall and don't come back until near end of winter.

That may be an accurate assumption...what’s odd is that filthy LefTards would be shitting their little pink panties over legit Americans not paying the income tax on monies earned but the sick fucks will champion dirty wetbacks for doing it.

That may be an accurate assumption...what’s odd is that filthy LefTards would be shitting their little pink panties over legit Americans not paying the income tax on monies earned but the sick fucks will champion dirty wetbacks for doing it.

I'm sorry, what?

Who champions undocumented workers not paying taxes? I fully endorse loosened immigration requirements and more work visas so that they will pay taxes.

I'm sorry, what?

Who champions undocumented workers not paying taxes? I fully endorse loosened immigration requirements and more work visas so that they will pay taxes.

Cool, you endorse fucking real Americans over..that’s awesome, you must be a kick-ass American. I wonder why this dude doesn’t share your sentiment?

I'm sorry, what?

Cool, you endorse fucking real Americans over..that’s awesome, you must be a kick-ass American. I wonder why this dude doesn’t share your sentiment?

Nope, I don't endorse 'fucking real Americans over'. We need more immigration as the American population alone is not going to help expand our economy.

I'm also not threatened by people who don't look and act exactly as I do. Stop being a pussy, seriously.

I'm sorry, what?

The pool company I used in 2018, used permit Mexican labor to build my pool. There was only one person among them that spoke reasonable English and he was in charge (other than me) onsite. I do not know how taxes were handled. Those guys worked like hell and did an excellent job. In 2019 there was a hold up on the permit workers arrival to the pool company due to bureaucratic red tape. It cut down the company's production for the season by 35%. I am all for American labor, but if the workforce is not available or just to expensive for hot work in the sun, permitting should be streamlined to better serve small companies to the benefit of the American consumer.

I'm sorry, what?

The pool company I used in 2018, used permit Mexican labor to build my pool. There was only one person among them that spoke reasonable English and he was in charge (other than me) onsite. I do not know how taxes were handled. Those guys worked like hell and did an excellent job. In 2019 there was a hold up on the permit workers arrival to the pool company due to bureaucratic red tape. It cut down the company's production for the season by 35%. I am all for American labor, but if the workforce is not available or just to expensive for hot work in the sun, permitting should be streamlined to better serve small companies to the benefit of the American consumer.

I mostly agree. I live in Arizona, if we didn't have at least some labor from Mexico then nothing would get done. What I don't like to see is 'cheap' labor to be exploited.

As far as language one chooses to use, it really doesn't affect my life if my Hispanic neighbors speak Spanish, I really couldn't care less.

I'm sorry, what?

Nope, I don't endorse 'fucking real Americans over'. We need more immigration as the American population alone is not going to help expand our economy.

I'm also not threatened by people who don't look and act exactly as I do. Stop being a pussy, seriously.

Haha...please stop with that lame ass played out bunch of bullshit...no good real American benefits by this “expanded economy” you ignorant fucks like to talk about. Increased GDP usually means increased population which almost always means poorer quality of life for most.
You love your pet human wetbacks, your slave labor and fucking real Americans over...just fucking say it and stop with the bullshit.

Nobody is “threatened” by 5’ tall 120lb beaners that smell like a mix of ass and Modello.

I'm sorry, what?

Haha...please stop with that lame ass played out bunch of bullshit...no good real American benefits by this “expanded economy” you ignorant fucks like to talk about. Increased GDP usually means increased population which almost always means poorer quality of life for most.
You love your pet human wetbacks, your slave labor and fucking real Americans over...just fucking say it and stop with the bullshit.

So, building a pool or house is slave labor? That's a new one. I already told you, I think work visas should be expanded and worker protections included for anyone working in the United States. I also believe in a living minimum wage. Also unlike you I don't call Hispanics wetbacks and denigrate them as something inhuman. As I said, I'm not threatened by them.

Nobody is “threatened” by 5’ tall 120lb beaners that smell like a mix of ass and Modello.

You are, you sooo obviously are that you've studied their scent...that's not weird at all.

Modello is a good beer btw.

Yuma is not that bad.

It's not great.

Compared to what ?

Most of the rest of Arizona.

Depends on what you want.

Everything above I-40 is an acquired taste.

Well, above I40 then you get a lot of Morman influence. I would consider Yuma better than Colorado City after all. One thing at least Yuma has going for it is diversity and something that CC is positively lacking.

The main problem with Yuma is it's just too damn hot.

Yuma is not that bad.

It's not great.

Compared to what ?

Well, above I40 then you get a lot of Morman influence. I would consider Yuma better than Colorado City after all. One thing at least Yuma has going for it is diversity and something that CC is positively lacking.

We've been over this already.

Colorado City is not the mainstream LDS church.

You want mormon communities....

Mesa
Safford
Thatcher
St. David
Snowflake
Wilcox

Several of my LDS friends are from the eastern part of the state which was apparently colonized by the Utah group under Brigham Young's direction.

Phoenix, again according to my friends, has more LDS that I originally imagined.

Yuma is not that bad.

It's not great.

Compared to what ?

That’s terrible...white Christian influence always leads to bad things...haha
I have a place in Havasu, no “diversity”, all white folks rockin Trump flags...no graffiti, no trash lining our roadways, no shitty diapers in Walmart parking lots, no stray pit bulls, no tapatio bottles left on sandy beaches, no crime, no packed emergency rooms...it totally sucks.

One thing at least Yuma has going for it is diversity and something that CC is positively lacking.

WTF...is this a joke or just comedy gold?
How do good real American benefit from “diversity”?
We get it, your pet humans are definitely beneficiaries but tell us...how do Americans benefit from it?

Great news, thanks for the post.

Forum List

Back