McConnell Cannot Block Witnesses - Just Announced

In for a penny, in for a pound. Open the floodgates and call ALL the witnesses, especially the ones the democrats want kept hidden. Find out what Schiff did with the WB. Find out if Biden used his influence to get his kids those jobs. Don't let the democrats control the witness list. If they want witnesses, give it to them.
We agree...on both sides..without favor...without Executive privilege or loud crocodile concerns about national security.

All of it..rip the bandage off..but remember...at the end of the day..Biden..or Clinton..or whoever..is not on trial here...Trump is.
This thing's been a circus from day one. Why stop now? It only takes a few right questions to the right people to open up brand new investigations and special prosecutors. I could see Biden stumbling through the campaign being dogged by things he'd much rather be left alone.

If Moscow Mitch could block witnesses, did that make Trump supporters think Bolton's claims would just go away? Voters in the next election will know what Bolton says whether it is said as a witness in the senate or not.
Yeah..but the potential consequences..are far different. No-one really cares what the public knows, at this juncture..

WSJ News Exclusive | McConnell Says GOP Doesn’t Have Votes to Block Impeachment Witnesses

"...at a meeting of all Republican senators late Tuesday, GOP leaders told their conference that they don’t currently have the votes to prevent witnesses from being called, people familiar with the matter said. Republicans had hoped to wrap up the trial with an acquittal of the president by this week, but Democrats have said he should appear under oath to offer a firsthand account of the president’s motivations for freezing aid to Ukraine—a matter at the heart of the impeachment case.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R., Ky.) said the vote total wasn’t where it needed to be on blocking witnesses or documents, these people said. He had a card with “yes,” “no,” and “maybes” marked on it, apparently a whip count, but he didn’t show it to senators."

I know that the democrats are anti American, fools and general overall assholes. I do know that much.

You know, when this first started, Republicans were a united front in their support of Trump. Now? There have been people peeling off in their support, and Trump might not be sitting as good as he thinks.

I'm guessing that they are voting for witnesses so that the evidence can be presented. If it's damning enough, then Republicans will abandon Trump and he will be removed. Lots of Republicans don't like Trump, but they are scared of what they think he might be able to do to them politically.
There's no doubt that if he survives this, he's going on the warpath. He's rich, he's powerful, and he has a very long memory for those who attack him.

It’s going to be interesting. I want to hear what the Biden’s have to say. Look for a long long trial.
I still say McConnell should just keep the trial open until the democrats fold, desperate to get on the campaign trail.
As it is they will be tied up for a long time.
I think it's McConnell's ace in the hole. There are Senators running for president, for example, who would become ever increasingly antsy the closer it gets to Super Tuesday. I think he should just keep talking about how long this whole thing is going to take unless people vote a certain way.

It’s going to be interesting. I want to hear what the Biden’s have to say. Look for a long long trial.
I still say McConnell should just keep the trial open until the democrats fold, desperate to get on the campaign trail.
I think it's McConnell's ace in the hole. There are Senators running for president, for example, who would become ever increasingly antsy the closer it gets to Super Tuesday. I think he should just keep talking about how long this whole thing is going to take unless people vote a certain way.

I think he should stall.

Fold? The WANT the trial open!
  • The longer it runs, the more chances they get to air damaging accusations and unfounded propaganda against Trump to hurt him in the polls.
  • The longer it runs, the freer it make Biden to move ahead the clear front-runner in Iowa and New Hampshire, as the other candidates keep a seat warm in DC.
Never fails for the GOP to take every opportunity to snatch defeat from the mouths of victory. I bet they don't even vote to subpoena Hunter or Uncle Joe down to testify!

In for a penny, in for a pound. Open the floodgates and call ALL the witnesses, especially the ones the democrats want kept hidden. Find out what Schiff did with the WB. Find out if Biden used his influence to get his kids those jobs. Don't let the democrats control the witness list. If they want witnesses, give it to them.
They'll all plead the 5th...This is a total sandbag job.

Beside that, Romney doesn't want his connections to Barisma to come out....Little doubt in my mind he's being blackmailed to go along with the demoslime.
So lets bring Romney into the crosshairs. Do a little investigating. Maybe look into Bain Capital too. I never liked that phony guy even though I voted for him once.

McConnell says he doesn't have the votes.

Three Democrat presidential candidates may be neutered. :10:

"McConnell says he doesn't have the votes." yet
Could be minds are being changed about the basic defense, that he didn't strong arm Ukraine for his political benefit. GOP concedes Trump may have withheld aid for probes but says it's not impeachable - CNNPolitics
A growing number of GOP senators are now acknowledging that President Donald Trump may have leveraged US military aid to Ukraine in exchange for an announcement of investigations that could help him politically -- but they contend that even that conduct does not warrant removal from office or hearing from additional witnesses.

YOU think that McConnell should keep the trial open for a long time. However, Trump wants the whole thing wrapped up by the time he has to do the State of the Union, which is coming up in a couple of weeks.

As far as them losing support? In Iowa, it doesn't appear to have made much of a difference. People know that they need to be back in DC, as they have said they value doing their job over being on the campaign trail, and will carry out the duties of the office they currently hold.

Beside that, Romney doesn't want his connections to Barisma to come out....Little doubt in my mind he's being blackmailed to go along with the demoslime.
So lets bring Romney into the crosshairs. Do a little investigating. Maybe look into Bain Capital too. I never liked that phony guy even though I voted for him once.
Google "Joseph Cofer Black Barisma" and see for yourself what's being held over his head.

YOU think that McConnell should keep the trial open for a long time. However, Trump wants the whole thing wrapped up by the time he has to do the State of the Union, which is coming up in a couple of weeks.

As far as them losing support? In Iowa, it doesn't appear to have made much of a difference. People know that they need to be back in DC, as they have said they value doing their job over being on the campaign trail, and will carry out the duties of the office they currently hold.
The deeper into the campaign season it goes, the more they're going to want to get out of DC.

The deeper into the campaign season it goes, the more they're going to want to get out of DC.

The deeper it gets into the season, yes, they will wish to be on the trail rather than in DC, but they have already said that they will complete their duties as Senators during the impeachment until it's over. And, people seem to like the fact that they will continue to discharge their duties as Senators, because they really haven't lost much support in Iowa yet.

52FC951A-7F21-4D6E-92CB-ED8D5C828C53.gif

Let’s hope that a few Republicans hold true and vote to hear from John Bolton. They will learn what a shitshow the Trump Administration truly is.
They already know what a shit show it is.

They've just been holding their noses these past few years because a lot of them are scared shitless that trump will have them primaried.

Or as is the case with moscow mitch, some of them know what a useful idiot trump is and are going to get everything they can out of him until his time is no more.

Every political eye in the country is glued to the Impeachment drama..it's the best media platform these guys could wish for! Their target demographic is seeing them for free....all the time...doing their..duty??

President Trump’s past comments slamming those who plead the Fifth Amendment quickly resurfaced Wednesday after Trump’s personal attorney Michael Cohen said he would assert his Fifth Amendment rights in Stormy Daniels’s lawsuit filed against him and Trump.

“The mob takes the Fifth,” Trump said at one campaign rally in September 2017. “If you're innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”

He was largely targeting former staffers for Hillary Clinton who pleaded the Fifth during the investigation into her use of a private email server while she was secretary of State.

LiNK: Trump comments on Fifth Amendment resurface after Cohen filing

Those Democrats who cried for witnesses chose poorly. They're going to regret what they asked for when the Bidens are called up to the stand.

:laughing0301:

Forum List

Back