McConnell: Will Dems Just Play Partisan Politics? I call Shenanigans.

The Dems will follow the McConnell model of obstructing the ruling party
McConnell threw out all precepts of bipartisan politics and cooperation. Now, he will have to deal with it.
Agreed, he'd like to pretend all this started yesterday.

That's part of the game, I guess.
It's a shame really

McConnell built up zero good will with the opposition party. His partisan theft of a Supreme Court Seat ensured that he will never gain any cooperation from the other party

Is this all just a game, an act, like Professional Wrestling? Are we REALLY supposed to take ANYTHING a politician, politico, pundit or partisan says seriously? Do wingers from both ends have secret meetings where they all get together and drink and laugh and plan out their stupid little hypocritical games together?

Yes. Well, not all together. They meet in their separate teams.

Do left wingers and right wingers all get trained at the same winger school, where they learn how to say the most transparent, dishonest bullshit with a straight face?

No. They have separate schools. The Republicans' school is an elite private institute. The Democrats' attend a taxpayer funded public school with missing ceiling tiles and malfunctioning heat. Is it any wonder why they lose 3 out of 4 times?

And DO YOU HAVE A SECRET HANDSHAKE?

Now you're just being silly. :backpedal:

Is this all just a game, an act, like Professional Wrestling? Are we REALLY supposed to take ANYTHING a politician, politico, pundit or partisan says seriously? Do wingers from both ends have secret meetings where they all get together and drink and laugh and plan out their stupid little hypocritical games together?

Yes. Well, not all together. They meet in their separate teams.

Do left wingers and right wingers all get trained at the same winger school, where they learn how to say the most transparent, dishonest bullshit with a straight face?

No. They have separate schools. The Republicans' school is an elite private institute. The Democrats' attend a taxpayer funded public school with missing ceiling tiles and malfunctioning heat. Is it any wonder why they lose 3 out of 4 times?

And DO YOU HAVE A SECRET HANDSHAKE?

Now you're just being silly. :backpedal:
THEY JUST DON'T WANT TO GIVE UP THE HANDSHAKE GODDAMMIT

Last edited:
Remember when EVERY USMB Republican and self-professed conservative, to a person, were rooting for and agreeing with Mitch's statement...

The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president.

Do they agree that the Democratic leader should have that same goal towards Trump now?

Why/why not?

Remember when EVERY USMB Republican and self-professed conservative, to a person, were rooting for and agreeing with Mitch's statement...

The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president.

Do they agree that the Democratic leader should have that same goal towards Trump now?

Why/why not?
Great question.

You should start a thread and see how many conservatives respond.

Sen. Mitch McConnell: Will Dems work with us, or simply put partisan politics ahead of the country?

Okay, I'm officially calling Shenanigans. This is the last straw. Of all people to claim the other party would play partisan politics ahead of the country when he knows damn well.....

I demand to know: Is this all just a game, an act, like Professional Wrestling? Are we REALLY supposed to take ANYTHING a politician, politico, pundit or partisan says seriously? Do wingers from both ends have secret meetings where they all get together and drink and laugh and plan out their stupid little hypocritical games together? Do left wingers and right wingers all get trained at the same winger school, where they learn how to say the most transparent, dishonest bullshit with a straight face? And DO YOU HAVE A SECRET HANDSHAKE?

I DEMAND TO KNOW RIGHT NOW AAAAUUUUGGGGHHHH

Mac,

The Democrats have effectively done nothing so far and the GOP are acting like they shot Bambi...

GOP are attacking as their best defence... I think the Democrats should have an infrastructure bill out the door first day(Morning).. Have an investigation in Afternoon (pick from many possibilities)...

Second Day Veterans Bill and a second investigation...

Do both... Let the GOP shoot down the bills and sit in front of the country as the do nothing guys....

Have an agenda and stick to it... Don't let Trump go off on one, keep the Media focused on solutions to problems...

Trump will try stuff to rile his base... Don't follow him... Let him say racist comments, just mark it down and bring up again if on the agenda...

Country will get very fed up with the bawling child and his GOP enablers...

Why/why not?
McConnell set the new standard for dealing with the opposition party while out of power

No cooperation, no compromise, do what it takes to ensure they fail. Then blame the other party

Investigate endlessly every transgression and don't let it go

It is the political world McConnell created

Okay, I'm officially calling Shenanigans. This is the last straw. Of all people to claim the other party would play partisan politics ahead of the country when he knows damn well.....

I demand to know: Is this all just a game, an act, like Professional Wrestling? Are we REALLY supposed to take ANYTHING a politician, politico, pundit or partisan says seriously? Do wingers from both ends have secret meetings where they all get together and drink and laugh and plan out their stupid little hypocritical games together? Do left wingers and right wingers all get trained at the same winger school, where they learn how to say the most transparent, dishonest bullshit with a straight face? And DO YOU HAVE A SECRET HANDSHAKE?

Okay, Stormy... I know this is hard for you to grasp, but politicians do what the people who voted for them want them to do.

The Democrats ran on a "Stop Trump" platform, and they won by millions of votes. Why in God's Name would they "Cooperate" with Trump at this point?
Which candidate won by millions of votes?

Sen. Mitch McConnell: Will Dems work with us, or simply put partisan politics ahead of the country?

Like a prostitute outlining the finer points of abstinence, Turtle Head is walking hypocrisy.

No it’s no secret and they don’t even hide it. They are all pals. Elite clubs. They’d have there own eating halls, gyms, medical care that’s steller, exempt from Obama care. They are allowed to do insider trading. Look at them, they go to congress with nothing and become millionaires. They work together to keep the cash flowing and they don’t even hide it. They are scum. They are shit. A typical politition is on par with an average child molester when it comes to questions of integrity. So yeah, it’s all fake like WWE.

Are we REALLY supposed to take ANYTHING a politician, politico, pundit or partisan says seriously?
Seems that you guys on the left and middle sure believed in that Hope and Change, the Fundamental Transformation of America. All Mitch is doing is calling out the stupidity of you guys who after 2 years of bringing the United States back from the brink of a 3rd world cesspool, you would put someone like Nancy Blinkie Pelosi back in charge. Just cant get anymore stupid than a liberal, or liberal lite.

MW-GY392_SP500O_20181112135502_NS.png

Do you like that reading? Problem is reality doesn't match your words

Both parties only do things for political reasons, and political gain.

So yeah, it’s all fake like WWE.
I KNEW IT

What I'm not so sure about is whether their flocks realize it.

For example, wingers here SEEM serious. Maybe that's part of the training.

Why should they bother to see at all? Zelotry is serious. Since 2000 and the advent of the 24 hour news cycle all we can do is be pissed. That’s why I only watch local news and read the paper now.

I KNEW IT
What I'm not so sure about is whether their flocks realize it. For example, wingers here SEEM serious. Maybe that's part of the training.
Why should they bother to see at all? Zelotry is serious. Since 2000 and the advent of the 24 hour news cycle all we can do is be pissed. That’s why I only watch local news and read the paper now.
I guess those tribes are essentially ideological safe spaces.

And they're playing the same game to keep those spaces sacrosanct.

It's almost as if there is some tacit agreement between the two not to point that out.

I KNEW IT
What I'm not so sure about is whether their flocks realize it. For example, wingers here SEEM serious. Maybe that's part of the training.
I guess those tribes are essentially ideological safe spaces.

And they're playing the same game to keep those spaces sacrosanct.

It's almost as if there is some tacit agreement between the two not to point that out.

Just like public defenders and ADA’s.

You did it again, Mac. Well done!

You took a clearly disingenuous statement from one side of the aisle and immediately ascribed it to both sides of the aisle.

Naturally, you couldn’t focus on McConnell after he says something so hypocritical. That would have made you appear to be a winger in the eyes of our resident RW freaks. Can’t have that.
Is Mac so wrong? Has there never been a McConnell equivalent among Democrats? I applaud Mac for trying to backpedal a little on the 'evil' of the other side by remembering that there is apprehension among some that Democrats will blow it by remaining obstinate and obstructive and vengeful just like the Republicans we despise. So, Mac...well done!
If there's one thing devout fundies hate more than anything else, it's being compared to any degree with devout fundies on the other "side".

Hilarity almost always ensues.

People don’t like having their feet held to the fire. Makes ‘em want to burn whoever lit said fire.

You did it again, Mac. Well done!

You took a clearly disingenuous statement from one side of the aisle and immediately ascribed it to both sides of the aisle.

Naturally, you couldn’t focus on McConnell after he says something so hypocritical. That would have made you appear to be a winger in the eyes of our resident RW freaks. Can’t have that.
Is Mac so wrong? Has there never been a McConnell equivalent among Democrats? I applaud Mac for trying to backpedal a little on the 'evil' of the other side by remembering that there is apprehension among some that Democrats will blow it by remaining obstinate and obstructive and vengeful just like the Republicans we despise. So, Mac...well done!
If there's one thing devout fundies hate more than anything else, it's being compared to any degree with devout fundies on the other "side".

Hilarity almost always ensues.

People don’t like having their feet held to the fire. Makes ‘em want to burn whoever lit said fire.

Except there is not only a fire under the feet, but the ass, balls, both ears, hands and everywhere else. You can’t get away with it. Hell, even watching south part you have to hear retards like Cobert and the other idiots. It’s all in groups and blocks of voters. No one makes these people when their vote. It’s vote or die. Americans don’t deserve to have a vote. We deserve to be ruled.

Okay, Stormy... I know this is hard for you to grasp, but politicians do what the people who voted for them want them to do.

The Democrats ran on a "Stop Trump" platform, and they won by millions of votes. Why in God's Name would they "Cooperate" with Trump at this point?
Which candidate won by millions of votes?
All of them
Over six million combined

Doesn't look good for Trump in 2020

Forum List

Back